Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Adjusted with my weight and true tire size (~23" vs 23.5") with the same smoothing it peaks at 268. Smoothing 2 is 264 and 3 is 261. I'm tuned through Dizzy. The horsepower loss could easily be from a stock intake and stock panel filter, it's untouched
what revision are you on, and how much boost? 268 is getting close to where it should even he ( Dizzy) has numbers on his site for 275-285.

Dyno numbers are just that. Numbers. You wanna see what kind of power your making, go to Mexico and do some 60-130 passes and record the times. Or the drag strip and get some trap speeds.

I will be happy with those numbers. I know air coming in is a problem so I have an intake with an open air box. Only on my first revision. Datalogged some on the way to work, will do a couple pulls on the way home so it is coming along. Dizzy is solid thats for sure!!

I went to a new smog station (Stupid Me) with my current e30 tuned and did not pass the visual, the tech wanted the turbosmart wastegate out. It is hard to adjust it in the car? I set the preload last time with the turbo out of the car. I planned on sanding the turbosmart wastegate to look stock LOL.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I went to a new smog station (Stupid Me) with my current e30 tuned and did not pass the visual, the tech wanted the turbosmart wastegate out. It is hard to adjust it in the car? I set the preload last time with the turbo out of the car. I planned on sanding the turbosmart wastegate to look stock LOL.
Wait he want as far as looking around the turbo and tell a a stock waste actuator from a aftermarket or was he looking at your blowoff valve?

Yup, he showed me the wastegate on Google and told me to switch it out as it is not CARB approved. I was liked "WHAT?" Well, I can't take it to the old smog station as it is already on record that I failed with it. He said because it is black and have the name of the company's logo (Turbosmart) on it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
He spotted the wastegate but not the aftermarket turbo lol
🤣 Ya is why I was asking . Car has a turbo with the the bpv not even mounted directly on it and he misses that for the sake of a wastegate actuator. This is why you don’t just take your car to just anyone random guy but ask people if they know someone thats cool.

I installed the XDI hpfp and the whole S280 turbo+ to my car but it doesn't start. Do I need a tune first before I can start the car especially with XDI hpfp? I am currently on stock tune.

I installed the XDI hpfp and the whole S280 turbo+ to my car but it doesn't start. Do I need a tune first before I can start the car especially with XDI hpfp? I am currently on stock tune.
And still waiting for my e50 tunes to come in.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I believe XDI does not provide a base tune unless you are a tuner?
You should be telling whoever tuned your car that you added that. I.E. if you were tuned by Tune+ or Dizzy you would let hem know you added more fueling . If you did not not you definitely need a tuning revision.

Newbie questions here: look like I will need some new tires with the S280, I live in spin city with stock tires. Saw a set of RE71rs for $500 on TireRack clearance, any good? Why are the rating so bad on the TireRack website? Any idea on brake pad? Will my stock one hold up or should I get the yellow stuff or go big brake? I know all these stuff may be old beat to death on this thread but so much choices. Thanks in advance for the help.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Newbie questions here: look like I will need some new tires with the S280, I live in spin city with stock tires. Saw a set of RE71rs for $500 on TireRack clearance, any good? Why are the rating so bad on the TireRack website? Any idea on brake pad? Will my stock one hold up or should I get the yellow stuff or go big brake? I know all these stuff may be old beat to death on this thread but so much choices. Thanks in advance for the help.
You can benefit from a 200-300aa Tire. The lower the number you go the softer the tire=Grip. But the downside is they wear ALOT faster than say a 500aa Tire. I Run Falkien RT615k+ and like them alot in a p215/40/17. I also have a Wavetrac LSD which helps even more with wheel spin. A 2 point or 4 point brace can really help tie the front end together more also and help with wheel hop. With Brakes i used to Run EBC yellow but found out that the formulation had changed. So their not the Yellows they used to be and the EBC Blue NDX pads have taken up where Yellows left off. And i will say definitely they are an upgrade even from the Yellow days of old. I am DHM360r BT w / 4 port Aux and Wavetrac LSD BTW. So been in your shoes before.[driving]

RE71Rs or RE71RS? The RE71RS is as far as I know the best of the 200TW street legal tires and they're what I want to replace my RT660s with when I burn them up. The RT660s and RE71Rs are pretty similar, the Rs just being an older and now discontinued model and the RT660s being basically a Falken clone at a slightly lower price point. I've enjoyed the RT660s but without my LSD yet installed it's still pretty liable to spin on me, though it is ironically better with TC off. As for brakes, I honestly think the OEM pads will hold up fine to street use and I'd pick them over any other street pad especially for the price. That said, I'm driving on Powerstop Track Day Spec pads which definitely run cold on the street but they grip well when cold and don't seem to wearing themselves or the rotors down quickly and have done me really well in more spirited drives where they can actually get heat buildup. They're probably not the best pure track pad as a result, but hey, mixed use they're better than any of the usual Hawks I see. I'd like to go big brakes but most of our options don't seem worth it. If I'm going BBK, they better have quick swappable pads at minimum. And since rebuilds are a thing, not prohibitively expensive to get rebuilt. Chances are unless you hit the track a lot, stock calipers with track pads as appropriate are more than enough for any use you can put them through.

Looked like the 3.5 Bar MAP adapter really got me this time. I keep getting engine Code p0106 for map sensor range/performance with the Dizzy Adapter. Look like I am going to take it out and just get a tune for the stock MAP.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Looked like the 3.5 Bar MAP adapter really got me this time. I keep getting engine Code p0106 for map sensor range/performance with the Dizzy Adapter. Look like I am going to take it out and just get a tune for the stock MAP.
Stupid question but your tuner knows you’re using it right?