Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Yes the tuner does.
I found some information from the FoST forum that some of the PNPs are not working properly. I will reach out to tuner to stop this tune and change to the stock MAP tune. Or should I just reorder another Pig tail?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Yes the tuner does.
I found some information from the FoST forum that some of the PNPs are not working properly. I will reach out to tuner to stop this tune and change to the stock MAP tune. Or should I just reorder another Pig tail?
Do you have upgraded fuel system? If so, I’d troubleshoot the MAP and try to get it working starting with the pigtail as you said. If stock fuel system and no plan to upgrade, I would just run the stock MAP.

Yes the tuner does.
Probably wrong MAP, don't use 5 bar MAP sensor for 3.5 bar MAP tune. You can get a tune for a 5 bar MAP too. No need to change the 5 bar for 3.5 bar sensor unless you want to spend extra money. If you see 0-75 PSI on the sensor's label, it's a 5 Bar MAP sensor. I was looking at the FoST thread about it and they never get to the conclusion on the problem.
My simple build (S280 with 14 PSI TM wastegate, XDI hpfp30, 30% upgrade injector, 1 step colder spark plugs, 3.5 Bar MAP, and V3 intercooler) yielded about 370+ WHP on 28 PSI on vdyno with e50 tune (60 degree F run). I will probably get about 20 WHP with a downpipe per tuner. Will be something to consider in the future, now the car is scary fast (3.5k to 7k RPM). GAPPING 5.0s and SS; they still got me on 0-60 though and there is nothing I can do about it.

Everything is good now, thanks for the help. I still cannot get any good log on third gear due to spin city, fourth gear still making max HP on fuel cutoff. Hopefully next revision will be better.

Fusion Works

Theoretically, what kind of power can a S280 support on 116 race fuel? E85 isn't really an option for me with a stock Fuel system, but when I go to the track I should be able to put race fuel in and run a race tune.

Dialcaliper

Theoretically, what kind of power can a S280 support on 116 race fuel? E85 isn't really an option for me with a stock Fuel system, but when I go to the track I should be able to put race fuel in and run a race tune.
You may already be aware, but (leaded) 116 fuel will fairly rapidly degrade your O2 sensor and cause it to drift, messing up your AFR’s (fortunately towards rich, not lean)

Leaded fuel is not just a cat-killer, so even running no cat doesn’t make it safe to run. Best to stick to unleaded race fuel (usually 100 octane) unless you plan to replace your O2 sensor every couple weekends. Leaded is basically only for carburated engines, or race teams that do teardowns.

Unleaded up to 109 exists, but 100 is likely the best you’ll find at a pump.

Last edited:
Is the speedometer set to 160 MPH on all tuners? I can't seem to get past 160 MPH on my radar detector and I get there fast with my e50 tune.

somehow dont think I would want to be in one of these at 160... might just be me.
150mph is not bad. It's rather stable and feels planted. Did it with stock suspension and aero. No mods other than power and brakes. Would recommend brakes for those speeds.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
our cars are speed limited to 147 mph that was tested years ago by a guy on the Autobahn it’s also been mentioned here in the U.S. i doubt anyone is doing 150 or 160 I would possibly attribute that to inaccurate speedo readings due to changes in wheels and tires from the. stock setup . If not I would say something else is off.

Still pretty fast for a tin can. I dont recall going much over 95 in mine, and thinking at the time that was about enough...

That is one thing I will say about the RS in comparison - very stable/composed at speed. guess that it what ~750 lbs gets you.

It felt pretty stable on that 4 miles stretch of newly fixed road in Mexico, I was using Uniden R4 to monitor my speed and it was at that speed for a good 5 seconds after my speedometer max out before I let go of the gas. I maxed out on speedometer on 6th with 1000 RPM to spare (No changes in speed on radar to redline at 7.2k). I am currently tuning with a different tuner at the moment after installing a Whoosh catted 3" downpipe, still on base tune for 91 oct running 16 PSI max LOL. Hopefully, I will be able to add 10-20 HP with the downpipe when all said and done. Previous tuner did said that the stock downpipe was the culprit (limiting factor) for the turbo. I will GoPro it next time when I run again.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It felt pretty stable on that 4 miles stretch of newly fixed road in Mexico, I was using Uniden R4 to monitor my speed and it was at that speed for a good 5 seconds after my speedometer max out before I let go of the gas. I maxed out on speedometer on 6th with 1000 RPM to spare (No changes in speed on radar to redline at 7.2k). I am currently tuning with a different tuner at the moment after installing a Whoosh catted 3" downpipe, still on base tune for 91 oct running 16 PSI max LOL. Hopefully, I will be able to add 10-20 HP with the downpipe when all said and done. Previous tuner did said that the stock downpipe was the culprit (limiting factor) for the turbo. I will GoPro it next time when I run again.
what tire and wheel size are you running?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Still pretty fast for a tin can. I dont recall going much over 95 in mine, and thinking at the time that was about enough...

That is one thing I will say about the RS in comparison - very stable/composed at speed. guess that it what ~750 lbs gets you.
+$25K or more as well [wink]