Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You guys can post all the results you want. And comparisons for wastegates too. I will be checking back to read up. This is the most interesting option right now. In my mind. I do very little city driving, places I normally drive are relatively flat. I like having the low end for drivability but use it very little. Most of the time I'm already out of turbo when I'm getting on it.
I share those thoughts. They also apply to track use. My partner is a big fan of the low end torque and the "punchy" attitude of the stock turbo, he is a fantastic driver and is much faster around the track than I am, however I am a firm believer that he would be faster if the stock torque kick wasn't so harsh. I am hoping that this turbo meets the desire I have to smooth out the torque curve and make it easier to get on throttle on the track (instead of spinning)

I doubt it but turbo warrentys are a joke anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah they sure can be, I am sure that Ron will take care of things should any issue arise that isn't directly my fault :p

wetwea33

I share those thoughts. They also apply to track use. My partner is a big fan of the low end torque and the "punchy" attitude of the stock turbo, he is a fantastic driver and is much faster around the track than I am, however I am a firm believer that he would be faster if the stock torque kick wasn't so harsh. I am hoping that this turbo meets the desire I have to smooth out the torque curve and make it easier to get on throttle on the track (instead of spinning)

Yeah they sure can be, I am sure that Ron will take care of things should any issue arise that isn't directly my fault :p
I mean he won't. There is no warrenty of you install the turbo yourself. If you push boost past what they characterize as "overspinning" (which is lower boost then everyone will run) you also have voided the warrenty if there even is one for this turbo. Plus Ron himself would not deal with it you would have to go through turbo technics.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I mean he won't. There is no warrenty of you install the turbo yourself. If you push boost past what they characterize as "overspinning" (which is lower boost then everyone will run) you also have voided the warrenty if there even is one for this turbo. Plus Ron himself would not deal with it you would have to go through turbo technics.

I wouldn't write him off so fast, but hopefully nothing goes wrong.

wetwea33

I wouldn't write him off so fast, but hopefully nothing goes wrong.
I'm not writing him off they just aren't his turbos. No company is gonna warrenty a turbo installed by anyone but a certified tech or mechanic. Even his whoosh hybrid the warrenty is voided for the two reasons stated. He lists over spinning as 26.5 psi.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm not writing him off they just aren't his turbos. No company is gonna warrenty a turbo installed by anyone but a certified tech or mechanic. Even his whoosh hybrid the warrenty is voided for the two reasons stated. He lists over spinning as 26.5 psi.

Thats true, I mean I'm fully aware that if I fuck it up, its on me.

mrpwagon

On the race track we tend to keep the RPM high in racing. In wheel to wheel racing sometimes RPM drops depending on being hit, spun around etc. Most high end tracks like VIR, Watkins Glen, etc are clockwise with very little if any throw away turns (they flow for a reason, keeping the RPM high). Lower RPM power in racing is not important. However, a daily driver or a street car is a lot more fun on the streets with a small turbo.

wetwea33

On the race track we tend to keep the RPM high in racing. In wheel to wheel racing sometimes RPM drops depending on being hit, spun around etc. Most high end tracks like VIR, Watkins Glen, etc are clockwise with very little if any throw away turns (they flow for a reason, keeping the RPM high). Lower RPM power in racing is not important. However, a daily driver or a street car is a lot more fun on the streets with a small turbo.
This turbo is gonna take away the stock turbos immediate tire roasting torque but it has practically the same torque curve as my cyborg c39 which had plenty of low end grunt. Ethanol should spool it up even faster.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

We will find out soon. Got this out last night, waiting on the turbo and the base tune now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wetwea33

We will find out soon. Got this out last night, waiting on the turbo and the base tune now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine will be here today. Base tune is already in my email. Just reuse that Ts wastegate. It will be better then the supplied one for sure.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine will be here today. Base tune is already in my email. Just reuse that Ts wastegate. It will be better then the supplied one for sure.

According to Adam@Tune Plus and Ron it wont fit, the design of the S280 one is different :(

From looking at it, the S280 has a threaded part that attached to the wastegate, and this rod would be way too long i think. I guess you could cut it down & add threads.

wetwea33

According to Adam@Tune Plus and Ron it wont fit, the design of the S280 one is different :(

From looking at it, the S280 has a threaded part that attached to the wastegate, and this rod would be way too long i think. I guess you could cut it down & add threads.
Ron offers a 14psi Ts wg as an option for the s280 so I don't get how that's any different.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

you are correct
different rod length and the S280 has a clevis end
the stock Fiesta WGA is just a threaded rod