Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Erick_V

Happy people are biting the bullet on this turbo. I’m planning to upgrade closer to the end of next year and this turbo looks like the right fit for how I drive

felopr

I guess we all just decided at the same time to finally buy it lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
well i decided to buy it for some time ago just didnt want it to buy it and leave it seating for like 4 or 5 months wasting time if needed of warranty or sitting getting dust you know

wetwea33

well i decided to buy it for some time ago just didnt want it to buy it and leave it seating for like 4 or 5 months wasting time if needed of warranty or sitting getting dust you know
Well yeah so did I, meant pulled the trigger and actually went through

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know we talked about spool before, but is this going to be more or less a "big turbo" kind of spool or something along the lines of a VT/large hybrid?

wetwea33

I know we talked about spool before, but is this going to be more or less a "big turbo" kind of spool or something along the lines of a VT/large hybrid?
Spool is gonna be closer to a hybrid. Looking at vdynos it hits peak torque the same place my c39 does.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Spool is gonna be closer to a hybrid. Looking at vdynos it hits peak torque the same place my c39 does.

That is super exciting.

Looks like I'll be the first of us to get it tuned / running. I'll be installing it next weekend and need to purchase my tune before that.

Se7eN

According to that Dyno video posted a while back, the spools seems to be very close to a well tuned GTX2860 or even an MRX probably a bit sooner but maybe just 100-200rpms

wetwea33

That is super exciting.

Looks like I'll be the first of us to get it tuned / running. I'll be installing it next weekend and need to purchase my tune before that.
I'll be installing it next weekend as well.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
According to that Dyno video posted a while back, the spools seems to be very close to a well tuned GTX2860 or even an MRX probably a bit sooner but maybe just 100-200rpms
I'm just hoping it doesn't destroy the "fun" factor of the car lol

Se7eN

I'm just hoping it doesn't destroy the "fun" factor of the car lol
My car makes full boost at around 4100rpm, it's plenty fun. If anything it might change the driving style just a bit. As opposed to a regular hybrid that when you touch the throttle is just goes crazy.

felopr

decided to torque this two down to factory specs outside the car. if i can get the stock turbo out without removing the stock downpipe (as a whole unit, turbo, manifold and downpipe) i will probably torque the downpipe also outside the car but will see. i have new factory downpipe bolts but should i go with the arp instead??
1571009522932.png

wetwea33

Just remove the turbo and manifold as one and p u ll the downpipe out thr bottom. I went with arp bolts this time around.

decided to torque this two down to factory specs outside the car. if i can get the stock turbo out without removing the stock downpipe (as a whole unit, turbo, manifold and downpipe) i will probably torque the downpipe also outside the car but will see. i have new factory downpipe bolts but should i go with the arp instead??
View attachment 24234
Are you going to stick with the stock style wastegate?

felopr

Are you going to stick with the stock style wastegate?
waiting for Adam's video to see if one makes a huge improvement or not and what iwg spring i should get if he decides on changing it.
He said he is gonna do a comparison on both wastegate when he strap it on the dyno, but will see