Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
waiting for Adam's video to see if one makes a huge improvement or not and what iwg spring i should get if he decides on changing it.
He said he is gonna do a comparison on both wastegate when he strap it on the dyno, but will see
I just checked this morning to see if there were updates. No new vids yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

felopr

I just checked this morning to see if there were updates. No new vids yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
he posted on facebook that he sent the fiesta to the Bodyshop to straighten the front. after the car comes back, then dyno

Se7eN

decided to torque this two down to factory specs outside the car. if i can get the stock turbo out without removing the stock downpipe (as a whole unit, turbo, manifold and downpipe) i will probably torque the downpipe also outside the car but will see. i have new factory downpipe bolts but should i go with the arp instead??
View attachment 24234
You will have to remove the stock DP it wont come out as a unit. Not easily. So you can take the turbo with the manifold out and then remove the DP.

wetwea33

waiting for Adam's video to see if one makes a huge improvement or not and what iwg spring i should get if he decides on changing it.
He said he is gonna do a comparison on both wastegate when he strap it on the dyno, but will see
The stock wga is gonna be garbage especially if your gonna push the turbo. They don't hold boost up top. You generally want a spring that is at least half the max boost you will run eventually. If I were you I would stick a 14psi Ts wga or the tune+ spec one and call it a day. Changing it on the car is a pain.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

felopr

The stock wga is gonna be garbage especially if your gonna push the turbo. They don't hold boost up top. You generally want a spring that is at least half the max boost you will run eventually. If I were you I would stick a 14psi Ts wga or the tune+ spec one and call it a day. Changing it on the car is a pain.

I know, I will probably change it. the stock on is like 5 or 6 psi the last time I talk to TT
I am in no hurry, I will change it by the week of Thanksgiving since I have the whole week free

wetwea33

I know, I will probably change it. the stock on is like 5 or 6 psi the last time I talk to TT
I am in no hurry, I will change it by the week of Thanksgiving since I have the whole week free
Idk man if I were you I would change it before putting the turbo on its not worth giving the stock one a shot. Tune+ is keeping the stock one to basically show how much better his speced one is.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

I changed mine from supplied WGA to the 14psi on the car. It's much easier to change than the stock turbo/hybrid WGA on car

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I changed mine from supplied WGA to the 14psi on the car. It's much easier to change than the stock turbo/hybrid WGA on car
Didn’t realize there was already one available for the s280. Is it worth changing or is the one supplied with the turbo adequate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Didn’t realize there was already one available for the s280. Is it worth changing or is the one supplied with the turbo adequate?

I have them on the shelf
Just like any WGA upgrade, it will hold boost easier/more consistently in the upper revs

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have them on the shelf
Just like any WGA upgrade, it will hold boost easier/more consistently in the upper revs
Interesting. I didn’t know. I’ll take a look tomorrow. Probably just gonna stick with the supplied unit for now though.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Interesting. I didn’t know. I’ll take a look tomorrow. Probably just gonna stick with the supplied unit for now though.

Sounds like this will turn into I should've done this when It was out....Been there...done that!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
can it come installed with the upgraded one at the time of purchase? hmm.
I'd think not, the S280 its a TurboTechnics product and the WGA is Turbosmart.

Edit: Looks like you can buy the WGA at the same time from Ron, but it probably doesn't come installed.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I'd think not, the S280 its a TurboTechnics product and the WGA is Turbosmart.

Edit: Looks like you can buy the WGA at the same time from Ron, but it probably doesn't come installed.
I typically do not install the BOV's and wastegates on our hybrids unless requested. Same for the S280

You guys can post all the results you want. And comparisons for wastegates too. I will be checking back to read up. This is the most interesting option right now. In my mind. I do very little city driving, places I normally drive are relatively flat. I like having the low end for drivability but use it very little. Most of the time I'm already out of turbo when I'm getting on it.