Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Look people we are talking about a 1.6 liter engine car. We are also talking two different things.
First off most people running on the street are gonna be happy at 300 whp. So quite this BS about journal bearing vs ball bearing. They are not going to be pushing the Turbo hard enough for it to matter.
Most people are not trying to go 330 whp or higher for the ones that do great go get a ball bearing based Turbo.
Fact is that group is a small group.
So stop shitting on the people running journal bearing Turbo’s for our application they are fine.
We are not talking 2 liter to 2.6 liter engines here.

The S280 for all intensive purposes looks to be a pretty damn good Turbo for the people looking for a spec built not over amped hybrid.
The S242 was a good turbo for what it delivered.
It all comes down to what the person wants a person looking to get 280-300 whp reliably will be quite happy with a S280 they do not need to put a GTX2860r Gen 2 on their cars.
Hell some might even be happy using the Hybrids though you are touching the upper limits at 300 and over on a hybrid in my opinion.

P.S. this thread is about the S280 and its not a hybrid its a bespoke Turbo.
The ones trashing journal bearing dont understand turbos that well....just a guess. On our commercial applications we left ball bearing turbos for journal because when the ball bearings failed it was killing the engines opposed to just popping a seal or something similar. That made me take a double look at the s280 and I eventually bought one.

wetwea33

The ones trashing journal bearing dont understand turbos that well....just a guess. On our commercial applications we left ball bearing turbos for journal because when the ball bearings failed it was killing the engines opposed to just popping a seal or something similar. That made me take a double look at the s280 and I eventually bought one.
I mean I'm looking to push 380whp with a journal bearing turbo. My buddies fbody makes 1000whp with a pt88 which is journal bearing. These people just have never owned anything modded then a fiesta.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I mean I'm looking to push 380whp with a journal bearing turbo. My buddies fbody makes 1000whp with a pt88 which is journal bearing. These people just have never owned anything modded then a fiesta.

Ball bearing is more efficient but it's a very small percentage of fiesta owners that are trying to utilize that difference. Longevity, I would rock a journal which I will be here shortly. I can't wait. I may dyno tune the aux part so I can share some numbers with ya'll regarding the 280. I'm shooting for mid 3's for my daily eggzilla. If I'm on the dyno, I'll push it a little just to see

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I did the same. I got a 14psi spring from whoosh. I also just ordered perons aux kit. Should I return the 14psi? They're back ordered on whoosh so you may be able to change your order
you are going from TT factory supplied 5-7psi actuator to a Turbosmart 14psi
no benefit changing from 14 to 16psi
same applies to 11 & 14psi on our hybrid, both hold the same boost since anything past the WGA spring pressure is added by your tuner via the boost control solenoid

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Any word on those gates? Are they shipping out?
custom parts direct from Turbosmart. I just spoke to Marty on Friday. I will know in the am
we had a huge surge of orders past few weeks which caused the stockout

custom parts direct from Turbosmart. I just spoke to Marty on Friday. I will know in the am
we had a huge surge of orders past few weeks which caused the stockout
Thanks Ron, you live up to your customer service reputation. And thank you for processing that 280 order with me.

Maxing out the stock bar sensor is not over spinning the s280, correct? I believe I saw 1.9 bar from turbotech?

I have to thank Ron for being so patient with me....I'm sure I asked him every question twice! Couldn't make up my mind between the Whoosh Hybrid and the S280. He was very quick to respond to all my questions and concerns! I too dumped the piggy bank into his website. FMIC, extrude honed exhaust manifold and the S280.....and I've still got a list as long as my arm!

wetwea33

I sent them an e-mail and they said 2.0 bar was max.....I believe that is 29 psi..
I mean no one actually abides by those over spinning numbers. Most people will be pushing 28psi on 93 alone. I upgraded to the 3.5 map as I will be running aux and e40 which I suspect will push 30psi.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I'm so happy all this info is coming in on this turbo. It my Tapatalk subs, it's the one I want to read first. Cant wait to see some aux numbers and impressions!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I mean no one actually abides by those over spinning numbers. Most people will be pushing 28psi on 93 alone. I upgraded to the 3.5 map as I will be running aux and e40 which I suspect will push 30psi.

That's on the 280? I forgot if you also had one. Well, maybe I'll have to order one lol

I'm so happy all this info is coming in on this turbo. It my Tapatalk subs, it's the one I want to read first. Cant wait to see some aux numbers and impressions!

Knockoff, if menifee is your actual location, I'm right near you. I live in San Diego and frequently visit my brother in temecula and play hockey in corona

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Knockoff, if menifee is your actual location, I'm right near you. I live in San Diego and frequently visit my brother in temecula and play hockey in corona
I'm 2 miles off the 215 at Newport rd.

Sneaky sneaky. It takes more effort than my home state (PA) but it's very beautiful out here

Se7eN

I think 300whp is a magic number. But it’s also 90* when I’m doing my logs. So with colder weather I’d probably be REALLY close to 300whp. I’m happy with 280, if that’s the final number, I have some other things to focus on with the car now: brakes. Holy shit I need a BBK the car doesn’t stop anymore. And a limited slip diff. 4 port aux is the way to go but I don’t know if that will take priority over the brakes. Limited slip will be last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fixed the stopping issue with Hawk Pads and good tires.