Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

So, another $1,300 needs to be spent on the 4 Port to get these cars above 270 with this turbo?

I guess hybrids don't need that 4 port for 270 to wheel because those turbos have less of a roof?

Pardon me. Just trying to understand all of this. Trying to purchase a new turbo come Spring.

wetwea33

it show's a bit where it leans out on top end just a tad
That's really not lean though. People forget that direct injection cars like running leaner then port injection cars.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wetwea33

So, another $1,300 needs to be spent on the 4 Port to get these cars above 270 with this turbo?

I guess hybrids don't need that 4 port for 270 to wheel because those turbos have less of a roof?

Pardon me. Just trying to understand all of this. Trying to purchase a new turbo come Spring.
No you will be able to hit the 300whp mark like every other turbo on the stock fuel system except you will be able to do it on 93 as opposed to e30. You also don't need a 4 port. I'm running a single port that I got used for 400$ to run e40 and should make 350+ all said and done.

Last edited:
No you will be able to hit the 300whp mark like every other turbo on the stock fuel system except you will be able to do it on 93 as opposed to e30. You also don't need a 4 port. I'm running a single port that I got used for 400$ to run e40 and should make 350+ all said and done.

Understood.

Thanks.

Has anyone who installed this kit already have an aftermarket bov and charge pipes? I'm curious if I should try to source those silicone elbows in the kit for ones without the extra holes for recirculating and bov mounting. Please help. I'm gathering parts for the install as I type this. Turbo is here already

wetwea33

Has anyone who installed this kit already have an aftermarket bov and charge pipes? I'm curious if I should try to source those silicone elbows in the kit for ones without the extra holes for recirculating and bov mounting. Please help. I'm gathering parts for the install as I type this. Turbo is here already
I think one of the perks of this kit is being able to reuse a stock location bov. You can just use a block off plate or plug the holes if need be but I wouldint see why you would want to.

My bov is mounted just before the TB on the charge pipes I have. I would rather not try to block off the silicone couplers..I was thinking I could use the block off plate in my stock location to block where my bov currently is and mount my bov in the s280 spot. I'm just not sure the block off plate for the stock spot will fit where mine is now

I feel it would be much simpler to order silicone couplers that dont have those 2 extra openings but I'm not sure. This is my first turbo install

My bov is mounted just before the TB on the charge pipes I have. I would rather not try to block off the silicone couplers..I was thinking I could use the block off plate in my stock location to block where my bov currently is and mount my bov in the s280 spot. I'm just not sure the block off plate for the stock spot will fit where mine is now

Just use the hoses provided, and put the stock block off plate on the joiner/bov plate between them. This is how I originally had mine set up, when I had the supersonic bov on my cold side pipe. It won’t hurt anything man.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

I think 300whp is a magic number. But it’s also 90* when I’m doing my logs. So with colder weather I’d probably be REALLY close to 300whp. I’m happy with 280, if that’s the final number, I have some other things to focus on with the car now: brakes. Holy shit I need a BBK the car doesn’t stop anymore. And a limited slip diff. 4 port aux is the way to go but I don’t know if that will take priority over the brakes. Limited slip will be last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just use the hoses provided, and put the stock block off plate on the joiner/bov plate between them. This is how I originally had mine set up, when I had the supersonic bov on my cold side pipe. It won’t hurt anything man.

How did this block the recirc port off the compressor? I understand blocking off the bov side with the stock location block plate.

wetwea33

How did this block the recirc port off the compressor? I understand blocking off the bov side with the stock location block plate.
You don't need to block it off it's the same concept as blocking off the stock turbo.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ll post this here for everyone to see too

This functions the exact same way it does on a turbo with a stock style compressor cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wetwea33

I pulled the trigger and ordered the S280 with a 14 psi from Ron with the extrude honed exhaust manifold. I hope I didn't screw up by getting Ron's 14 psi instead of getting a 16 from Adam????
If you don't plan on going with aux and ethanol then it's fine. Even if you do it won't make a massive difference the 16 will hold boost a bit better up top.

I did the same. I got a 14psi spring from whoosh. I also just ordered perons aux kit. Should I return the 14psi? They're back ordered on whoosh so you may be able to change your order