Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Se7eN

Third-ed.

I went through:
-3 intake set ups
-3 intercoolers
-2 exhausts
-4 downpipes

Should've just bought the turbo on day 1
I literally just got what I needed to have before I went with turbo, still have the same intake, intercooler and Exhaust I stated with. Only added a resonator due to originally being catted and removing it with the turbo.

The kit comes with a pipe that replaced the hotside and J pipe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hows the pi coming? This turbo rocks and I'm only on my 1st revision(base + 1 rev loaded currently) at 25psi. Feels amazing. The port will be a lot of fun. I'm hoping adam will start soon on that with my car. 4 port is installed already

wetwea33

Hows the pi coming? This turbo rocks and I'm only on my 1st revision(base + 1 rev loaded currently) at 25psi. Feels amazing. The port will be a lot of fun. I'm hoping adam will start soon on that with my car. 4 port is installed already
Haven't got my revision yet to change anything after turning on the pi. Probably will be in my email tonight.

wetwea33

If you plan on ethanol soon he probably won't use the pi for your 93 tune.

Oh yeah, I'm 91 only until the 4 port is turned on. Like we have all said on this thread. I'll run out of fuel faster on the stock system if I ran e30. I'm just waiting for the PI part as well as you. I'm pumped. The 280 was a great choice. I'm certain I need an lsd and traction mods next.

wetwea33

Oh yeah, I'm 91 only until the 4 port is turned on. Like we have all said on this thread. I'll run out of fuel faster on the stock system if I ran e30. I'm just waiting for the PI part as well as you. I'm pumped. The 280 was a great choice. I'm certain I need an lsd and traction mods next.
No im actually tuning the pi for 93 to get some results for people who don't have ethanol. It's winter so there is not point in running ethanol right now so I figured why not. You can't switch the fuel map without a laptop for the split second which is why most tuners won't utilize it for pump. Make sure you have good tires that's the best traction mod you can do.

felopr

Who here has install a iwg on their s280? any pointers for preload?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
What would the torque curve look like on E30 without PI? Could it spool sooner?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

wetwea33

What would the torque curve look like on E30 without PI? Could it spool sooner?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
You tend to get a bit better spool with ethanol but you will run out of fuel very quickly with e30. You could maybe make as much power as 93 with less boost and more timing but it's not worth the mixing st that point to me. I hit full boost 3200-3400 which is fast.

Se7eN

You tend to get a bit better spool with ethanol but you will run out of fuel very quickly with e30. You could maybe make as much power as 93 with less boost and more timing but it's not worth the mixing st that point to me. I hit full boost 3200-3400 which is fast.

tire ripping spool

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey Guys who installed this turbo themselves:

Which coolant line gets routed where? Is the top line the supply which connects to the battery side and the bottom line connect to the passenger side? Anybody know?

Edit: Figured it out

Top=passenger
Bottom=driver

Last edited:

wetwea33

Hey Guys who installed this turbo themselves:

Which coolant line gets routed where? Is the top line the supply which connects to the battery side and the bottom line connect to the passenger side? Anybody know?
It should be apparent with the length of them once the are on the turbo. It's the same as the stock turbo so just use the stock coolant lines to visualize it.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Base Tune Slot 1=Turbo Technics Wastegate Pressure (~5PSIG, decided to keep standard WGA as to not void the TT warranty)
Slot 2= 22% WGDC (~8PSIG)

Base Tune VDYNO.jpg

wetwea33

Base Tune Slot 1=Turbo Technics Wastegate Pressure (~5PSIG, decided to keep standard WGA as to not void the TT warranty)
Slot 2= 22% WGDC (~8PSIG)

View attachment 25757
Turbo warrentys are a joke and the stock wastegate is poo. Get a turbosmart and forget it. If you installed the turbo yourself it's already "voided".

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Turbo warrentys are a joke and the stock wastegate is poo. Get a turbosmart and forget it. If you installed the turbo yourself it's already "voided".

I disagree. I literally did everything in Turbo Technics procedure to a "T" to keep the warranty intact. This includes getting a new oil feed line and priming the turbo until oil spills out of the return line (with it disconnected). This is coming from someone who has had issues with my previous 2 out of 2 turbos purchased for this car and the warranty saved me both times.