Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Besides the S280 on Ron's website, is there anything else I really need?

I'm completely stock besides my Accessport.

Any additional couplers, or hose clamps, bolts/studs, etc?

Nothing worse than getting the car disassembled and then stuck for days waiting for a special bolt.

Do all the stock hoses and such clamp right back on?

Se7eN

Nothing worse than getting the car disassembled and then stuck for days waiting for a special bolt.

I comes with everything you might need except the Down Pipe Firer Ring. All the little clamps and fittings you'll need. It re-uses the down pipe bolts from stock.

wetwea33

Get an intercooler. The stock intercooler is absolute garbage. If you have access to ethanol easily budget for aux fuel.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Get an intercooler. The stock intercooler is absolute garbage. If you have access to ethanol easily budget for aux fuel.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
My plan is to get one after the initial tuning. I want to see what the car will make with just a more efficient turbo and tune.

I was also considering methanol on stock IC, but the added complexity makes me wary because I don't miss chasing gremlins in the evenings and weekends.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My plan is to get one after the initial tuning. I want to see what the car will make with just a more efficient turbo and tune.

I was also considering methanol on stock IC, but the added complexity makes me wary because I don't miss chasing gremlins in the evenings and weekends.

The car will run safer with lower charge temps. It’s not just about power.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

The Tuner will want a Larger intercooler to tune it to its finest point. Leaving the Stock intercooler in place makes Temps rise rapidly as its not able to dissipate heat as adequately as a larger unit with more surface area.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Se7eN

I got one of the most recent run also, I still needed to shave my block. :shrug:
That's very odd, I mean I took out the manifold from the top with the turbo attached to swap it out outside and drop it back in with the manifold. Had no issues. Maybe if you left the manifold on and just removed the stock and replaced with the other there might be clearance issue.

PS: I always take them out from the top when working on jack stands as I cannot work on the floor.

Yeah, same process here. For what it’s worth, the heat shield provision and the oil drain all lined up perfectly.

How much clearance would you say you had? If we’re talking tolerances of a millimeter or two, I could see there being enough factors it may be different car to car.

Either way, I’m glad your install went smoothly!

Se7eN

Yeah, same process here. For what it’s worth, the heat shield provision and the oil drain all lined up perfectly.

How much clearance would you say you had? If we’re talking tolerances of a millimeter or two, I could see there being enough factors it may be different car to car.

Either way, I’m glad your install went smoothly!
yea, I'm pretty sure it was very very tight tolerance.

just ordered my s280 and all the supporting mods, im also getting tuned by dizzy as ive had 2 previous tunes and was more than satisfied and heard hes pretty good with the s280, im hoping it wont be too much of a pain for install.
would you guys who have replaced your turbo for a s280 say it was simple to install?
should i drop the subframe or can i remove it from the top?
should i remove the manifold with the turbo or just the turbo?
any pointers or tips that you guys did or advice on problems you ran into that could be avoided now that you know after install?
all advice and tips are greatly appreciated.
have a great one!

PhoenixM3

just ordered my s280 and all the supporting mods, im also getting tuned by dizzy as ive had 2 previous tunes and was more than satisfied and heard hes pretty good with the s280, im hoping it wont be too much of a pain for install.
would you guys who have replaced your turbo for a s280 say it was simple to install?
any pointers or tips that you guys did or advice on problems you ran into that could be avoided now that you know after install?
have a great one!
I’m installing mine now, and making a procedure while I work. I intend on removing the turbo while attached to the manifold from above.

have a great one!
If you have time to sift through this thread, I think all these questions are answered by some guys that have had multiple Turbo installs. The nuggets are there.