Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Tomorrow is 8 weeks for me.
yeaup it took atleast that to get mine. Youll get it soon, but use this “free” time to order any other parts you think you might want as this delay is across the board. not very enjoyable piecing together the build all because of shipping.
Alright good to know Im not alone lol. The only thing that Im waiting on that I will need for when I install the turbo is the whoosh downpipe, thats been about 8 weeks since ordering as well lol.

Also about to order either a mountune or whoosh radiator, hopefully they don't take quite as long

How long did you guys have to wait to get your s280s? I just passed 8 weeks since ordering, and I just want to make sure this wait is normal lol.
Took about 5 weeks for me.

Finished with the tuning process for my 93/e30 tunes and this thing is fun! Definitely allows the car to punch above its weight class, kills so far are an S3 and an F80 M3 (2015+), no clue on the mods on these if any but I destroyed the m3 by 3+ cars from a 40 roll (ran it back twice so it wasn't a fluke lol). Unfortunately stock fuel system is at its limit so the Bosch Injectors and HPFP are next up on my to do list. 10/10 would do again.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Alright good to know Im not alone lol. The only thing that Im waiting on that I will need for when I install the turbo is the whoosh downpipe, thats been about 8 weeks since ordering as well lol.

Also about to order either a mountune or whoosh radiator, hopefully they don't take quite as long
Has anybody seen measurable gains from a down pipe on the s280? Faster spool or more HP?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

Finished with the tuning process for my 93/e30 tunes and this thing is fun! Definitely allows the car to punch above its weight class, kills so far are an S3 and an F80 M3 (2015+), no clue on the mods on these if any but I destroyed the m3 by 3+ cars from a 40 roll (ran it back twice so it wasn't a fluke lol). Unfortunately stock fuel system is at its limit so the Bosch Injectors and HPFP are next up on my to do list. 10/10 would do again.
That sounds pretty fast! When you start pulling hard, do you feel that torque shove where you get sucked into the back of your seat?

Why was i under the impression e30 tunes were pointless with this turbo? Lol what am i missing. I thought the system was maxed on 92/93 already, let alone e30

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Why was i under the impression e30 tunes were pointless with this turbo? Lol what am i missing. I thought the system was maxed on 92/93 already, let alone e30
I do not know about 93 but we have 91 here so if you can tune for 93 that means with 91 there is a little room left on the table for going e30 without extra’s granted your only gonna pick up another 12-20HP most likely without extra fueling. Though hey I bought an unlimited tune so I can tune for all kinds of things. I just found out the local E85 station is now selling Sunoco 100 octane race gas as well so I could do a separate tune for that too. lol

I
I do not know about 93 but we have 91 here so if you can tune for 93 that means with 91 there is a little room left on the table for going e30 without extra’s granted your only gonna pick up another 12-20HP most likely without extra fueling. Though hey I bought an unlimited tune so I can tune for all kinds of things. I just found out the local E85 station is now selling Sunoco 100 octane race gas as well so I could do a separate tune for that too. lol
Yeah ok that adds up. Im sure its nice having boost a little earlier i would assume with e30? As my stock turbo on e40 boosted sooner than on 92, but that was stock. Race fuel is fun! But imo it wasnt cheap, i used to throw trick 101 in my rhd subie. Was around $11 a gallon lol, but boy did it run great!

Mikey456

That race fuel is not cheap. 10$ approx. a gallon. The E85 I noticed is jumping in popularity. A new one in Agoura and Thousand Oaks. I think it’s Pierson brand and it’s sold along with the regular stuff.

They kind of are on the stock fuel system if it's a hassle for you to obtain the mix, but according to my vdyno I picked up an additional 40 wtq(whp stayed the same) over the 93 tune, I take my logs in the same spot and the same gear so they have been pretty consistent. I could only get one revision done because the stock fuel system is maxed out and Adam said it was trending lean in high RPMs, so fuel system is next on the agenda.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
They kind of are on the stock fuel system if it's a hassle for you to obtain the mix, but according to my vdyno I picked up an additional 40 wtq(whp stayed the same) over the 93 tune, I take my logs in the same spot and the same gear so they have been pretty consistent. I could only get one revision done because the stock fuel system is maxed out and Adam said it was trending lean in high RPMs, so fuel system is next on the agenda.
40 wtq is significant. Where in the rpm range did you gain that?

That sounds pretty fast! When you start pulling hard, do you feel that torque shove where you get sucked into the back of your seat?
I think initially you get that shoved back in the seat feeling, then it just pulls after that, fun times all around haha. I think what @Dpro said about it pulling like a sport bike is true in a sense, it pulls like my 800 whp S550 Mustang did, obviously not as fast since the Fiesta is missing the extra 500 whp and 250 wtq, but the sensation is there for sure, the sounds and the powerband make for an all around fun experience. The car is a blast for sure! Wanna do the pump and injectors next because there is a lot of ST slander around my parts and I kinda wanna shut these people up and don't quite have enough juice yet lol.

Last edited:
40 wtq is significant. Where in the rpm range did you gain that?

Right in the beginning at 3613 RPM. I get some wheel spin but nothing detrimental at a 40 roll which is great, I didn't think I'd be able to do those without blowing the tires off. Current traction supporting mods, Whoosh RMM, Powerflex black inserts for trans and PMM, Whoosh 2 point traction bar, 205/50/16 Indy Firehawks.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Right in the beginning at 3613 RPM. I get some wheel spin but nothing detrimental at a 40 roll which is great, I didn't think I'd be able to do those without blowing the tires off. Current traction supporting mods, Whoosh RMM, Powerflex black inserts for trans and PMM, Whoosh 2 point traction bar, 205/50/16 Indy Firehawks.
This should be interesting as I am doing e30 pulls this weekend with mine and I am running a Vibra technics rmm damond motor sports passenger mount swave/summit 4 point traction brace and Falken RT660’s so wheelspin will not be easy lol as these tires are sticky as hell. I am suspecting my clutch is going to suffer.

This should be interesting as I am doing e30 pulls this weekend with mine and I am running a Vibra technics rmm damond motor sports passenger mount swave/summit 4 point traction brace and Falken RT660’s so wheelspin will not be easy lol as these tires are sticky as hell. I am suspecting my clutch is going to suffer.
It may, I try not to do pulls in too low of a gear just to conserve that clutch meat lol. I wanted to do the 4 point but figured I start with the 2 since I am just on stock fuel system and I should be able to offload the 2 point pretty easy if it's not enough. May have to give those RT660 a go once I wear these Firehawks out!

It may, I try not to do pulls in too low of a gear just to conserve that clutch meat lol. I wanted to do the 4 point but figured I start with the 2 since I am just on stock fuel system and I should be able to offload the 2 point pretty easy if it's not enough. May have to give those RT660 a go once I wear these Firehawks out!
I have the 6 point with an upgraded psmm and rmm and am really impressed with the improvements those particular parts made to the chasis, straightlines and corners. Im sure i would spin less in 2nd gear if i had better tires (bfg sport comp 2’s)