Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

I also bought the turbosmart compact bov because thats what whoosh recommended for their hybrid turbo. Hope that was also a smart choice
Hell ya the TS bov is pretty sweet as it uses the stock setup for controlling it, super responsive and reliable so far for myself. Try not to lose your mind waiting for the new parts🙃🙃

Question concerning bov coupler adapter:

has anyone had trouble with a small boost leak around the supplied silver casted coupler and your choice of BOV? Cause i do, and im considering using gasket sealer or rtv to seal it up to get a proper log for tuning….any suggestions or apprehension with my thought process?

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thats possible. I guess ill find out when i take it off to seal it up with some permatex gasket maker
Im guessing you have a turbosmart bov? get a new oring or put some permatex like you said, just be careful with it. You dont want permatex getting ingested into the intake somewhere.

AzNightmare

Probably a dumb question, but I just opened my S280 and the turbo has some oil lubricant on the turbo inside the bag.
I was just wondering if I could wipe that off or is there a purpose to leave it?

I was handling the turbo and a few times, it almost slipped out of my hand cause I didn't expect there to be some oil on it, lol.

Probably a dumb question, but I just opened my S280 and the turbo has some oil lubricant on the turbo inside the bag.
I was just wondering if I could wipe that off or is there a purpose to leave it?

I was handling the turbo and a few times, it almost slipped out of my hand cause I didn't expect there to be some oil on it, lol.
Very likely just assembly oil, it's fine to wipe it off.

Itll smoke the engine bay out upon first startup too. so let it burn it all off and do a reinspection after your first cruise/shakedown making sure the smoking has stopped completely, ensuring no oil leaks are present.

AzNightmare

I'm supposed to do a new oil change and filter before the turbo install, but I just did an oil and filter change about 1000 miles ago.
Do I still need to do it again?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I'm supposed to do a new oil change and filter before the turbo install, but I just did an oil and filter change about 1000 miles ago.
Do I still need to do it again?
How much gets lost during install when the oil drain line is removed? Also what are you running now? Most aftermarket turbos call for 5w30 but not sure what the s280 recommended oil is. Might be able to top it off.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
How much gets lost during install when the oil drain line is removed? Also what are you running now? Most aftermarket turbos call for 5w30 but not sure what the s280 recommended oil is. Might be able to top it off.
You lose a negligible amount of oil. Few drops. Coolant about 1/2 gallon however. I would change the oil first even after 1k miles personally but it’s probably unnecessary.

AzNightmare

I'm already running 5w30 right now
Not planning to track, pretty much daily car with some canyon driving

haste

1000 Post Club
I would just prime it a few times before actually starting the engine using the clutch/gas pedal method. Go for a an easy drive and get everything up to temp. Come back, look over the installation. Maybe drive it easy for 50 miles or so if you are worried about it. Oh, and don't forget to start with a fresh oil and filter change.

I didn't even prime the oil system after my X37 install and it's still going strong after 55K miles.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Ok sounds good. I plan to beat the snot out of my car on a base tune at a track day. If it survives that then we should be good!
When you say base tune, can you please clarify for some of us? Thanks! I thought I remember reading something that is to the contrary of beating the snot out of it on a base tune. But I could be wrong. It happens. LOL

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

I have 0 experience so someone please correct me if im wrong but I believe when you first get your turbo installed your will get a very dialed back "base" tune for your tuner to start with. And from there go through probably 3 or 4 or more revisions before its finally at 100% of its potential

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk