Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

DtumST19

Alright guys got a question. I have a FBO FiST. I have a s280 ready to install and I’m just wondering what the top speed comparison is? I can get to 140 if I really push the stock turbo. Are you getting much faster than that?

PhoenixM3

Alright guys got a question. I have a FBO FiST. I have a s280 ready to install and I’m just wondering what the top speed comparison is? I can get to 140 if I really push the stock turbo. Are you getting much faster than that?
I still have yet to make a run past 145, but she gets there quickly. My guess is top speed is close to 160mph.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The stock Turbo starts to really Peter out around 110-115mph IMO...like fall on its face. The s280 will get you there with ease and keep pulling. Why do you need 140MPH? You in mexico?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I was gonna say why, where you gonna go that fast? Mexico? Ya a guy in Germany got the car with a stock turbo to 147mph but it took quite a run and its all gearing after 110-115. S280 will definitely get you up there a lot faster lol.

AzNightmare

I can't imagine doing logs in 4th ...
In my area, you can legally have your car impounded for 7 days if you're going 25mph over limit. Slapped with an excessive speeding ticket + the 7 days of storage fee.
Already a risk doing 3rd gear logs.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
In my area, you can legally have your car impounded for 7 days if you're going 25mph over limit. Slapped with an excessive speeding ticket + the 7 days of storage fee.
Ya around here in the right places the most a 3rd gear pull would get is a speeding ticket. We have 50 mph streets in some areas.:LOL: Go there at the right time and its desolation city i.e. dead empty you can go do a set of pulls and leave before you probably will see a cop.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
You’d literally get your ass kicked here and lose your license. The only safe place I can do 3rd gear pulls is interstate on-ramps.

Last edited:
been there done that :):), BC blows.
God Bless America

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Airport frontage roads...Flat... very....very... flat...that's all I have to say* Even 4th gear can be accomplished here.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I’ll pull up to ATL and wink like that 😂 I got yelled at yesterday for absolutely nothing when I was dropping off a family member. That place is a shitshow 24/7

Intuit

3000 Post Club
One benefit to having a truely quick vehicle is not needing tons of realestate to hit those speeds. But yeah there is no top-end. They focused (no pun intended) on where we'd spend 99.99% of our time though; so it's not really a criticism, just the nature of what it is.
............. where you gonna go that fast? Mexico?.............
That "Locked Up Abroad" show... don't leave the country and do sdubid stuff. That what's her face celebrity better find the right palms to grease...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
One benefit to having a truly quick vehicle is not needing tons of real estate to hit those speeds. But yeah there is no top-end. They focused (no pun intended) on where we'd spend 99.99% of our time though; so it's not really a criticism, just the nature of what it is.
The WRC spec rally Fiestas top out at around 135 MPH or so, due to gearing.

But, they will do a sub 3 second 0-60 on tarmac, and a sub 4 second 0-60 on gravel/dirt, with the appropriate tires.[raceflag]

That "Locked Up Abroad" show... don't leave the country and do stupid stuff.
I made the same mistake on here a while ago and got razzed and lambasted because of it, to no end, because I was not familiar with import/'sport compact' lingo/slang. LOL

They are implying a desolate, zero population, NO LEO area nearby to them when using the "Mexico" moniker, NOT actually traveling to Mexico to go super sonic speeds.

Although the forum member I responded to with the same 'taken for granted' as yours was not located all that ridiculously far from the actual Mexican border, so maybe they were harsher than necessary with my lack of knowledge of their vernacular.

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I figured it was a movie reference or something due to the simple fact that it would be ridiculous to travel to all the way to 'Mehico' just to hit top-speed. Was simply saying that after seeing some episodes of "Locked Up Abroad", even the idea of doing sdubid stuff outside the country is a bad one. 🙂 Check out a couple of episodes if you can.

EDIT: Turns out that not every episode of "locked up abroad" is actually abroad. 😋

Last edited:
yeaup it took atleast that to get mine. Youll get it soon, but use this “free” time to order any other parts you think you might want as this delay is across the board. not very enjoyable piecing together the build all because of shipping.
You just broke my heart. I just ordered mine and i was going to setup and install for late next month to make sure I was outside the 3-4 week window from tune+