Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

AzNightmare

Someone should really do a good Technical DIY for this setup! I think Jason @ Dizzy tuning did one* but it may have been for stock snail.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I watched that one, it was good tutorial to understand what needed to be done. Just that his tutorial was on the stock turbo, so he said to turn the nut 3 full times.
I'm not sure if that also translates to the S280 which doesn't use a nut.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
S280 WGA is on the correct side of the turbo at least so if you have to adjust it later you won’t have to take the turbo off.
This I had to adjust mine in car. It was not hard all you need is compressed air to move the rod out to clip it on once its adjusted. I got a steady 14lbs after adjusting it. Oh and ya I did post about adjusting it in car.

Though I will also tell you here. Mark the arm and nut with a magic marker. then back it off the rod end so you can spin the rod end down tighter. You are good when the rod end won’t reach the wastegate rod by about a 1/8 -1/4 of an inch. . then use compressed air to push the rod arm out of the actuator to pop on the waste rod end and push the clip on.
Look for my post though I took pics and described it there.
Oh and don’t forgot to use a rubber band to keep your wastegate from flopping down on the downpipe.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
My turbo shipped today. MUCH faster than expected... I gotta find a tuner [emoji23]

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
Jason did my 2860 tune. Paid both he and Adam for a tune but never bothered with Adam because Jason was excellent. Going to tune the s280 with him now since I already paid. Will provide feedback for y’all good, bad or indifferent.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Jason did my 2860 tune. Paid both he and Adam for a tune but never bothered with Adam because Jason was excellent. Going to tune the s280 with him now since I already paid. Will provide feedback for y’all good, bad or indifferent.
Cool I would love to see someone post s280 vydno’s from a Dizzy tune. It would be great to compare

Both guys are good tuners. AntiEggroll should just look at both and decide. I personally feel Adam is the S280 man. Though Jason I am sure is good too.
I would say for stock engine tunes Jason seems to be the solid go too these days.
Adam seems to be the S280 guy.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
O
Cool I would love to see someone post s280 vydno’s from a Dizzy tune. It would be great to compare

Both guys are good tuners. AntiEggroll should just look at both and decide. I personally feel Adam is the S280 man. Though Jason I am sure is good too.
I would say for stock engine tunes Jason seems to be the solid go too these days.
Adam seems to be the big Turbo guy.
Sorry, wasn’t clear there. Adam is tuning the s280 for me.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Adam seems to be the big Turbo guy.
Please don't mention....Adam and BT in the same sentence ever again. I beg to differ on that .....knowing people across multiple platforms now who have had piss poor service from him. I will also have to rain on your parade as the s280 isn't a BT. Now that I've read through them thoroughly on TTs website ....They declare it a Hybrid Turbo. Sorry to burst your bubble Bub. Anywho....back on with the Show. Nothing to see here....

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Please don't mention....Adam and BT in the same sentence ever again. I beg to differ on that .....knowing people across multiple platforms now who have had piss poor service from him. I will also have to rain on your parade as the s280 isn't a BT. Now that I've read through them thoroughly on TTs website ....They declare it a Hybrid Turbo. Sorry to burst your bubble Bub. Anywho....back on with the Show. Nothing to see here....

wow , sounds like I touched a nerve. No bubble to burst here. You have been on the S280 hate parade for years I expected nothing less from you. :LOL: The hate runs deep with you.

Seeing as you t run a Garrett don’t own a S280 I see the troll factor on your part its big here.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
wow , sounds like I touched a nerve. No bubble to burst here. You have been on the S280 hate parade for years I expected nothing less from you. [emoji38] The hate runs deep with you.

Seeing as you t run a Garrett don’t own a S280 I see the troll factor on your part its big here.
NOT* Really there Dpro....Just stating facts for people to have. There is not HATE* just dislike. Hate is a pretty harsh thing. It's ok ....You're a Tune- Fan boy. Thats your thing....not mine. Just clarifying a couple of things for people. Good luck Dpro....enjoy your s280.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
NOT* Really there Dpro....Just stating facts for people to have. There is not HATE* just dislike. Hate is a pretty harsh thing. It's ok ....You're a Tune- Fan boy. Thats your thing....not mine. Just clarifying a couple of things for people. Good luck Dpro....enjoy your s280.

whatever. I guess you completely missed the joke . Notice the laughing face.
Oh and you choose to do lame ass meme as usual as well.

Give it a rest Typhoon.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
whatever. I guess you completely missed the joke . Notice the laughing face.
Oh and you choose to do lame ass meme as usual as well.

Give it a rest Typhoon.
It NEVER rests....oh I caught your sarcasm there Bud. Its ok ....I too am sarcastic....Alot. like I said keep rocking the s280!

AzNightmare

This I had to adjust mine in car. It was not hard all you need is compressed air to move the rod out to clip it on once its adjusted. I got a steady 14lbs after adjusting it. Oh and ya I did post about adjusting it in car.

Though I will also tell you here. Mark the arm and nut with a magic marker. then back it off the rod end so you can spin the rod end down tighter. You are good when the rod end won’t reach the wastegate rod by about a 1/8 -1/4 of an inch. . then use compressed air to push the rod arm out of the actuator to pop on the waste rod end and push the clip on.
Look for my post though I took pics and described it there.
Oh and don’t forgot to use a rubber band to keep your wastegate from flopping down on the downpipe.
Is this based on having the pre-load adjusted with the turbo on or off the car?
Ideally I would like to get it done correctly while it's not on the car. I'm not even sure where to get the compressed air.
lol, you guys make it sound so easy, but I'm basically newb at this with no resources. I'm not even installing the turbo myself.

Where can I find your posts with pics?

AzNightmare

Hmm... what defines a BT or hybrid?
From what I understood, if it's reusing the stock turbo, that's a hybrid.
Is the S280 "big" turbo? It's not BIG, it's pretty tiny. But it's not the stock turbo. So idk what defines it.

---

As for tuning the S280, I would assume Adam is one of the best since he seems to have a lot of experience tuning it specifically. Since we're all out in the open, I have my personal reasons why I didn't go with Adam though, including the reason you mentioned. That's not to question his knowledge though.

I'm personally going with Stratified. I've always gone with him throughout all my flash tunes, so just makes sense to stick with what isn't broken. For whatever reasons, he's been quiet the past couple years on this platform. Seems like he's doing a lot of Golf's and Subies now. I'm not sure how many S280's he's even tuned as I couldn't find anyone in the forums mentioning it. But I'll be here to report back after I get my S280 installed and tuned later this month. It'll be great to share our experiences between Tune, Dizzy, and Strat.

I believe the more honest knowledge and experiences we share in the community, the better...

Last edited:
Hmm... what defines a BT or hybrid?
From what I understood, if it's reusing the stock turbo, that's a hybrid.
Is the S280 "big" turbo? It's not BIG, it's pretty tiny. But it's not the stock turbo. So idk what defines it.

---

As for tuning the S280, I would assume Adam is one of the best since he seems to have a lot of experience tuning it specifically. Since we're all out in the open, I have my personal reasons why I didn't go with Adam though, including the reason you mentioned. That's not to question his knowledge though.

I'm personally going with Stratified. I've always gone with him throughout all my flash tunes, so just makes sense to stick with what isn't broken. For whatever reasons, he's been quiet the past couple years on this platform. Seems like he's doing a lot of Golf's and Subies now. I'm not sure how many S280's he's even tuned as I couldn't find anyone in the forums mentioning it. But I'll be here to report back after I get my S280 installed and tuned later this month. It'll be great to share our experiences between Tune, Dizzy, and Strat.

I believe the more honest knowledge and experiences we share in the community, the better...
Are you going to get it dyno tunes at the stratified shop? Since your close

AzNightmare

Are you going to get it dyno tunes at the stratified shop? Since your close
Unfortunately, I decided not to since it was beyond my budget. I'm not sure how much I would be leaving off the top by just doing the e-tune route, but I think a vdyno is good enough for me. I would assume most people didn't actually run their car on the dyno and seem happy with their results.

dhminer

2000 Post Club

Agree Adam seems to do great on Hybrids including s280. Yeah it’s bigger than our stock turbo so could be called big turbo, but technically is a hybrid by design and TT even advertises it as such. They call the s290 their big turbo. I’m all but convinced that s280 or whoosh hybrid are the best options for stock fuel. Beyond that, go for a Garrett kit and someone other than Adam tuning it.
Realize I forgot to post this... S280 FBO -crossover +extra induction from fog light. Tuned by Dizzy

View attachment 42679
That’s a great looking power band. Is that on stock fuel system?