Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yup! All stock fuel. Very impressed with 306 at the wheels.
I'm having a hard time with that number. I was sitting at 285whp with WMI on 93, ~265 without. Maybe Mitch at CPE was just being super conservative. But even the race car only made ~280 on 93 with the Tune+ tune. Maybe maybe the turbo was still super new when I was running it so it wasn't as easy to push lol.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Or pessimistic in your case lol. That’s a pretty big gap.
I would say somewhere between. Dizzy has charts that put the s280 in the 275 -280 range for stock fuel. I indeed was surprised by Hypergrams numbers but was able to get 284 on vdyno with stock fuel at sea level and 291-305 with E30. which actually made sense to me because I was told on stock fuel system I would only pick up like 15hp,
These are all Tune+ tunes on mine.

Though I was surprised by Hypergrams numbers I theorized that it might be possible for Hyper to get the extra 15 or so HP because higher octane as my numbers were coming off 91 pump gas and 91+e85
Is it possible Adam pulls a bit extra out of the engine with his tune? Sure, my first tuner tuned my car on a mustang dyno and numbers looked dismal but the car was not slow. It was a lot faster though after I had Adam tuned it. It also did not toss the codes it was tossing from the first tune.:LOL:

I will also say HiJinx ( with his current tuner) got more HP on his setup ( non s280 ) at the same rpm that his previous tuner had pulled less out of it.

There are a lot of factors that can come into play with dyno numbers. In the end its all a bit arbitrary . The main thing to conclude is the car really fast. Thats why I think a lot of guys wind up going to the drag strip as it gives them provable performance in quarter mile times.
That with racing known faster more HP than stock cars and beating them which seems to be a big past time for a lot of FiST and FoST drivers in certain parts of the country.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
If it’s larger than stock, it’s a bigger turbo. Pot stirred. But really, like dyno numbers, it’s meaningless. Just go drive your faster cars and stop flexing lol. It’ll always be a Ford Fiesta to everyone outside of this forum. No one cares. This definitely seems to be the best turbo for our cars. I just wish Ron could make something similar in the US. I’d pay more for it.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Or pessimistic in your case lol. That’s a pretty big gap.
I always went off the numbers mitch told me it was making, I always felt like he underrated it.

I would say somewhere between. Dizzy has charts that put the s280 in the 275 -280 range for stock fuel. I indeed was surprised by Hypergrams numbers but was able to get 284 on vdyno with stock fuel at sea level and 291-305 with E30. which actually made sense to me because I was told on stock fuel system I would only pick up like 15hp,
These are all Tune+ tunes on mine.

Though I was surprised by Hypergrams numbers I theorized that it might be possible for Hyper to get the extra 15 or so HP because higher octane as my numbers were coming off 91 pump gas and 91+e85
Is it possible Adam pulls a bit extra out of the engine with his tune? Sure, my first tuner tuned my car on a mustang dyno and numbers looked dismal but the car was not slow. It was a lot faster though after I had Adam tuned it. It also did not toss the codes it was tossing from the first tune.:LOL:

I will also say HiJinx ( with his current tuner) got more HP on his setup ( non s280 ) at the same rpm that his previous tuner had pulled less out of it.

There are a lot of factors that can come into play with dyno numbers. In the end its all a bit arbitrary . The main thing to conclude is the car really fast. Thats why I think a lot of guys wind up going to the drag strip as it gives them provable performance in quarter mile times.
That with racing known faster more HP than stock cars and beating them which seems to be a big past time for a lot of FiST and FoST drivers in certain parts of the country.
We got around the same on a vdyno with Adams tune.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
If it’s larger than stock, it’s a bigger turbo. Pot stirred. But really, like dyno numbers, it’s meaningless. Just go drive your faster cars and stop flexing lol. It’ll always be a Ford Fiesta to everyone outside of this forum. No one cares. This definitely seems to be the best turbo for our cars. I just wish Ron could make something similar in the US. I’d pay more for it.
I've always had the same definition - bigger than stock = big turbo. Reuses stock turbo parts = hybird. Maybe it's a big hybrid.

In all seriousness, who cares? It's designed specifically for our car and performs as such. Just hoping they take good care of Mag on the failure.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I've always had the same definition - bigger than stock = big turbo. Reuses stock turbo parts = hybird. Maybe it's a big hybrid.

In all seriousness, who cares? It's designed specifically for our car and performs as such. Just hoping they take good care of Mag on the failure.
Ya People tripping on me calling it a big turbo vs calling it a hybrid is in part their own ego‘s I really could care less what its called. It works great.

Fact is the main intake section is all larger than stock and its mated to a stock exhaust side so it can be bolted on a stock mani. Is it much larger than stock on the front side hell ya enough to be called a bigger turbo. Is not as large as a Garrett sure. Like I said before ego or member swinging.
Not all Garrett owners are like this either.

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
A very optimistic one
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A dozen other Focuses and Fiestas ran their car that day with me (and a hellcat) and no one seemed particularly surprised at their numbers. The car is getting a huge amount of air going into it, and only at ~22,000 miles it's as healthy as ever.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ya People tripping on me calling it a big turbo vs calling it a hybrid is in part their own ego‘s I really could care less what its called. It works great.

Fact is the main intake section is all larger than stock and its mated to a stock exhaust side so it can be bolted on a stock mani. Is it much larger than stock on the front side hell ya enough to be called a bigger turbo. Is not as large as a Garrett sure. Like I said before ego or member swinging.
Not all Garrett owners are like this either.
I guess I could be wrong...But I think TT has the final say if its a BT or not...Feel free to flip through to page # 2 to free your mind of this Tomfoolery. Carry on....

https://www.flipsnack.com/55DACCF6AED/tt-hybrid-brochure-ftj0d0s3x.html

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Its not bait when the correct facts are stated after an incorrect claim is made.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
it was not an incorrect claim there was no claim. I can call it whatever I fricken want. :LOL:You just get all wound up about it and face it you do or you would not be responding everytime. Like I said before give it a rest. Or I will just keep winding you up and punting it. :LOL:
Its up to you. Shall we go on or agree to disagree and move along.

P.S. I may have called it a big turbo in passing but that does not mean I am calling it a big turbo now nor ever lay claim to it.
You are the one all bent out of shape about it here . All I have to do is mention it without even saying your name and you come swinging. Triggered much?

Last edited: