Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can ya'll running mostly tuned S280s go in and monitor the Exhaust manifold Pressure reading the AP. Wondering what your BP numbers say. I was looking at mine the other day with the stock turbo and its showing 14-19psi depending on what the turbo was doing. Also see what your compressor outlet temp says at WOT.
How are those even calculated, there aren't even sensors there. Unless its part of the AFR sensor.

Fusion Works

How are those even calculated, there aren't even sensors there. Unless its part of the AFR sensor.
Thats why I wanted to see what the S280 guys are seeing on those. I can't figure out where they come from either, so I'm wondering what they look like with a different turbo or downpipe. I won't get my S280 on for another couple of weeks.

Not sure how the O2 sensor could read exhaust manifold back pressure and not sure where the compressor outlet temp comes from since the IAT is after the intercooler.

Ok, the initial tune was limited to 5psI and 6500rpm - there was no tweaking to do on my part. I’m on Rev 1b and Jason raised the boost to 15psi and I have sent datalogs back him for analysis.

I don’t miss the donkey kick, but will say that the S280 feels a bit softer until you boot it and it revs and produces boost quickly. At 15psi, I’m confident my car is as fast as it was prior to the turbo swap and running 25psi.

The next tune will raise boost and RPM and may or may not be the final revision. Stay tuned - pun intended.
How much was the fee for the tune?

wetwea33

There was a one day 4th of July special, so I got both tunes for $200 vice $280. Check out Dizzytuning.
The problem is that without aux fuel/fuel upgrades you wont see any power benifits from e30 and you will run out of fuel quickly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
The problem is that without aux fuel/fuel upgrades you wont see any power benifits from e30 and you will run out of fuel quickly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I'd figure that e30 could increase torque at lower RPMs, but understand it's probably not worth the hassle of mixing.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

wetwea33

I'd figure that e30 could increase torque at lower RPMs, but understand it's probably not worth the hassle of mixing.

If you have access to ethanol readily available I highly suggest putting aside money for aux fuel or the di pump.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club

Mixing E30 is super easy to do. ~3.5 gallons of E85, drive 20 feet to the gas pump. Fill up with 93. Done. Biggest hassle is getting your card blocked since it's 2 transactions at a gas station

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Mixing E30 is super easy to do. ~3.5 gallons of E85, drive 20 feet to the gas pump. Fill up with 93. Done. Biggest hassle is getting your card blocked since it's 2 transactions at a gas station
?? They will block your card for two transactions. Who is the providing your card? lol

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
?? They will block your card for two transactions. Who is the providing your card? lol
If I try and use a card reader it usually gives me an issue so i just two seperate ones. i think it’s because it’s a gas station and those are places for high fraud.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That is IF you do not have to drive 50 or more miles each way to find an E85 station. [wink] [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Im fortune enough have E85 right down the street from me. Having to travel so far would be annoying, do you fill up extra tanks when you go?
No, that is why I don't use it, and I am even reluctant to get an E30 tune, as I would almost never be able to use it. [:(]
IF I had a big turbo setup where it was required for full power on a corn liquor tune, then yes, I would get some proper motorsport vented jugs and fill 4 or so of them when I trekked to that distant station.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I fill up on E30 once a week, but there can be a bit of anxiety around when to fill up and it's usually on the way to work when I'm pressed for time. Worse comes to worse I could switch back to my 93 tune and fill up anywhere...but then I might as well sell my car at that point. Racetrac gas stations here in Texas have both E85 and E10 at the same pump so I don't have to move the car, and I've never had an issue swiping my card twice.

EDIT: To stay somewhat on topic, that's why I like the idea of the S280, making comparable power on the stock fuel system on 93, and an improvement on miles per tank would be great.

Last edited: