Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turning off Auto-Lock by Dealer

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I find auto-lock,where the doors lock themselves after you drive off and get up to 12 mph, annoying. I guess it's supposed to be for safety, but I like to control things myself. There's a procedure in the manual to turn it off, where you cycle between the ignition and lock switches. I tried it carefully about 6 times and it didn't work, I never got a tone to signify it was in programming mode. The manual says you can't disable this feature in some markets but doesn't specify which ones.
If anyone else has tried and failed to turn this off, I just wanted to let you know my dealer was able to. They hadn't done it before and weren't sure if they could, but said they could hook up their computer and they would either be able to turn auto-lock off quickly or would be able to determine quickly that the system would not allow them to turn it off. They also said since it wouldn't take long either way that there would be no charge.
They were able to turn it off, and it took them about three minutes.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I turned of the auto locks off for the same reason, two years ago. Recently I tried to turn them back on following the instructions in the manual and I can't get them to work ! [:(!]

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I turned of the auto locks off for the same reason, two years ago. Recently I tried to turn them back on following the instructions in the manual and I can't get them to work ! [:(!]
It appears that the auto-lock programming system leaves something to be desired. I suggested to Ford that it would be a handy thing to be able to control it in the vehicle settings menu in Sync 3, like the hill-holder feature for the clutch.