Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate guide for those considering Euro projector headlights - all the basics in one thread!

so with running the cougar h7s the back sticks out past the point of being able to seal the light in with the little rubber cups. anyone have a solution for this? I cut a hole so I could seal around it at least but I just did a carwash and some condensation got in the light

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

so with running the cougar h7s the back sticks out past the point of being able to seal the light in with the little rubber cups. anyone have a solution for this? I cut a hole so I could seal around it at least but I just did a carwash and some condensation got in the light

I'm running the rubber caps on mine, and I still have a small amount of condensation if it rains hard. Always clears up quickly in the sun or if you run the headlights for a bit of time

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #184
I assume you mean the Cougar X-small? I don't get any condensation even in a rainy state and using a car wash without covers but in any case you can get domed rear covers like THESE and from measuring as best I could I think you want the 80 or 83mm size but couldn't say for sure since I don't have them, I'd try the 80mm to start with and see if they fit right, or measure carefully yourself with the bulb out and let us know! :)

I assume you mean the Cougar X-small? I don't get any condensation even in a rainy state and using a car wash without covers but in any case you can get domed rear covers like THESE and from measuring as best I could I think you want the 80 or 83mm size but couldn't say for sure since I don't have them, I'd try the 80mm to start with and see if they fit right, or measure carefully yourself with the bulb out and let us know! :)
yeah the cougar X-small ones you recommended. love the lights they look great. I think the condensation was from the undercarriage wash, I tend to chill there for a min you really get the salt out. I'll measure when I get home and try those out. only issue I can see would be on the drivers side where the fuse box is tight to the light

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #186
yeah the cougar X-small ones you recommended. love the lights they look great. I think the condensation was from the undercarriage wash, I tend to chill there for a min you really get the salt out. I'll measure when I get home and try those out. only issue I can see would be on the drivers side where the fuse box is tight to the light
So yeah, those rear covers are the ones to get, if I had to guess the 83mm should be perfect!

FYI, my 2015 has micro2 style fuse. Post says 2016+ has micro2. Ordered wrong part.
yup same haha. spot 27 in my fuse box also doesnt have any connection to it so I'm gonna piggy back off of the emission fuse

Eighty8

Looks like the black Depos are out of stock on Cars245. I just received an email from Constantine that I'm getting a full refund. Quickly checking eBay, I see no headlights in stock either.

Looks like the black Depos are out of stock on Cars245. I just received an email from Constantine that I'm getting a full refund. Quickly checking eBay, I see no headlights in stock either.
Yeah I initially ordered the blacks as well a few months ago but they canceled as they had no stock. So I ordered silver. There used to be a few on ebay exorbitantly inflated in price, probably because they knew there weren't many left. I bought the silver ones with ever intention of popping them open and spraying the housing black and maybe installing some halos and a switchback LED strip for the DRL.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #192
FYI, my 2015 has micro2 style fuse. Post says 2016+ has micro2. Ordered wrong part.
Ok, good to know, I just knew '16+ has micro2, I have a '17 so I don't know all the details, I'll change the post.. but '16+ has different fuse box than earlier too, so I'll clarify that. When this post started there was no info on the new way to connect. I'm pretty sure it's even easier on the '14-'15 first box, I remember seeing that all those ones from 31-39 sound be free or is there no power to those also? Worse case scenario use your owners manual to find one to piggy back off of that switched with ignition.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wish I could help you, not sure how the '15 fuse box is different I have this setup for the extra power that goes to the high position on each side I didn't pull anything, I used this open spot:
View attachment 23839

Obviously, I will be using the Micro2 type add a circuit instead too... from blue connector end I have 2 18awg wires going to the ADD here spot in the factory harness, one for each side:
View attachment 23840
Just completed the install on my '15 and I would like to thank you for your trailblazing post. I do want to point out a few issues I observed. Your original post directed to install the add-a-circuit to F27 of the under hood fuse box. However, according to the '16 owner's manual, that is an unused location, with no connection. The location shown in your photo is actually F23; "camshaft sensor/heated exhaust gas oxygen sensor". For my '15 owners, please use F20; "emissions system" in the owner's manual. Also, the '15 has white plastic plugs for the unused spots. I recommend reinstalling them to the unused spots. There should be a total of 2 unused plugs (1 from each headlight).

Attachments

As a resident of Germany, I was able to locate additional part numbers for the used euro headlights for around $100 each:

C1BB-13W029-C"X" (Passenger Side)
C1BB-13W030-C"X" (Driver's Side)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/C1BB-13W030...142600?hash=item3fdcd8e908:g:ISEAAOSwkBteV33x

"X" is the series code from A (oldest) to H (newest). I have one that is G (C1BB-13W029-CG) and one that is H (C1BB-13W029-CH) and both appear identical.

There is an important part regarding the part numbers. The last "C" in the part number indicates the type of headlight and to my knowledge there are 3 different versions:
  1. C= LHD Projector
  2. A= Standard Reflector Housing (our factory headlight)
  3. D= RHD Projector (do not buy)
Apologies for the horrible photo, but these headlights fit perfectly.

Attachments

Ok, good to know, I just knew '16+ has micro2, I have a '17 so I don't know all the details, I'll change the post.. but '16+ has different fuse box than earlier too, so I'll clarify that. When this post started there was no info on the new way to connect. I'm pretty sure it's even easier on the '14-'15 first box, I remember seeing that all those ones from 31-39 sound be free or is there no power to those also? Worse case scenario use your owners manual to find one to piggy back off of that switched with ignition.

On '15, all unused fuse locations are unpowered. I tapped into the F20 "emmisions systems" fuse and works great. Keep up the great work.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #196
On '15, all unused fuse locations are unpowered. I tapped into the F20 "emmisions systems" fuse and works great. Keep up the great work.
And to confirm, we were both wrong, it's spot F26 for those with the '16+ fuse box, it's the ONE open ignition powered spot we have with those ..

Thanks for the awesome info to add for those with the "14-'15, looks great!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #197
Just completed the install on my '15 and I would like to thank you for your trailblazing post. I do want to point out a few issues I observed. Your original post directed to install the add-a-circuit to F27 of the under hood fuse box. However, according to the '16 owner's manual, that is an unused location, with no connection. The location shown in your photo is actually F23; "camshaft sensor/heated gas oxygen sensor". For my '15 owners, please use F20; "emissions system" in the owner's manual. Also, the '15 has white plastic plugs for the unused spots. I recommend reinstalling them to the unused spots. There should be a total of 2 unused plugs (1 from each headlight).
Now that I've had a chance to look closer, again, just wanted to confirm that it's really spot F26 for '16+, it is unused in the FiST, it's there for the 1.0t model...

And yes, it helps to try to keep all the supporting plastic in place, you should try to keep your plug in tact as much as possible, removing only the one spot to fill in the added wire. All years are very similar in this regard, the plugs are slightly different style but all years connect to the same housing models..

But also, again, thanks for all the info on the '14-'15's and possible used options!

Last edited:

Eighty8

Pulled the trigger on the Depos two weeks ago. They arrived yesterday with no damage thankfully. Installation was very easy with all the info on this thread. I'm just waiting on a micro2 Add-A-Fuse to arrive in the mail so I can finish hooking up the DRL high brows. Quality is very good. The only issue I have is a small piece of gasket that fell in the corner of the passenger's side light and some chrome bubbling on one of the projector housings. This doesn't affect anything, just annoying more than anything.

I opted for the Cougar Motor X-Small LEDs. They're okay, but they seem quite a bit dimmer and much more blue-ish than the HGLX bulbs I had in the reflector housings. I'm wondering if I received a bad set or not.

Very happy with the purchase so far.

_DSF7801-small.jpg _DSF7806-small.jpg _DSF7807-small.jpg

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #199
Pulled the trigger on the Depos two weeks ago. They arrived yesterday with no damage thankfully. Installation was very easy with all the info on this thread. I'm just waiting on a micro2 Add-A-Fuse to arrive in the mail so I can finish hooking up the DRL high brows. Quality is very good. The only issue I have is a small piece of gasket that fell in the corner of the passenger's side light and some chrome bubbling on one of the projector housings. This doesn't affect anything, just annoying more than anything.

I opted for the Cougar Motor X-Small LEDs. They're okay, but they seem quite a bit dimmer and much more blue-ish than the HGLX bulbs I had in the reflector housings. I'm wondering if I received a bad set or not.

Very happy with the purchase so far.
Glad you are liking it so far! As far as the brightness, the Cougar are proven to put out 4x the lumens over halogen, at the hot spot. Keep in mind you have a hard cutoff line now due to projector, so there will be almost 0 glare above the cutoff line, vs. a reflector will have some natural glare above their reflected "soft" cutoff... so use other cars with projectors to use as a template for your vertical aim by trying to capture a visual in your mind of where their cutoff hits on houses and fences as they drive near your house, assuming you live in a neighborhood and not too rural, but you know what I mean, lol, just try to mimic where their factory projector cutoff hits... I realized that I had mine aimed too low and once bumped up a little I'm good now!

And as far as more blue, uhm, yeah, halogen are only around 3400k (brown/yellow) and LED's are mostly sold in the the 5500-6500k with pure white at 5000k... so at 6000k the Cougars are going to have a touch of blue, which in my experience with other LED's does fade to more of a pure white as you put the hours on them, otherwise,the 6 sided tip bulbs I use now are definitely closer to 5250k and I really prefer that.

Last edited:

Eighty8

Glad you are liking it so far! As far as the brightness, the Cougar are proven to put out 4x the lumens over halogen, at the hot spot. Keep in mind you have a hard cutoff line now due to projector, so there will be almost 0 glare above the cutoff line, vs. a reflector will have some natural glare above their reflected "soft" cutoff... so use other cars with projectors to use as a template for your vertical aim by trying to capture a visual in your mind of where their cutoff hits on houses and fences as they drive near your house, assuming you live in a neighborhood and not too rural, but you know what I mean, lol, just try to mimic where their factory projector cutoff hits... I realized that I had mine aimed too low and once bumped up a little I'm good now!

And as far as more blue, uhm, yeah, halogen are only around 3400k (brown/yellow) and LED's are mostly sold in the the 5500-6500k with pure white at 5000k... so at 6000k the Cougars are going to have a touch of blue, which in my experience with other LED's does fade to more of a pure white as you put the hours on them, otherwise,the 6 sided tip bulbs I use now are definitely closer to 5250k and I really prefer that.
The cutoff is probably what's throwing me off.

As far as color temp, I was actually comparing the Cougars to another set of LED bulbs that I had in my reflector housings. I believe the HLGX bulbs are closer to 5000k, but I can't say for sure. At some point I think I will just replace the Cougars with the Audew 6 sided bulbs that you recommend as I think I prefer a slightly warmer color temperature.

Thanks for all the insight btw.