Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate guide for those considering Euro projector headlights - all the basics in one thread!

Pulled the trigger on the Depos two weeks ago. They arrived yesterday with no damage thankfully. Installation was very easy with all the info on this thread. I'm just waiting on a micro2 Add-A-Fuse to arrive in the mail so I can finish hooking up the DRL high brows. Quality is very good. The only issue I have is a small piece of gasket that fell in the corner of the passenger's side light and some chrome bubbling on one of the projector housings. This doesn't affect anything, just annoying more than anything.

I opted for the Cougar Motor X-Small LEDs. They're okay, but they seem quite a bit dimmer and much more blue-ish than the HGLX bulbs I had in the reflector housings. I'm wondering if I received a bad set or not.

Very happy with the purchase so far.

View attachment 29551 View attachment 29552 View attachment 29553
Looking great! Congrats.

Just for clarification, for those who ordered from 245, is everyone still ordering the headlight fitment for LHD only? Looking at their current stock it doesn't seem like they have any of the Hella options as a set for LHD, and it seems that the Depo ones they have don't confirm whether it's RHD or LHD fitment.

I just wanna make sure I'm not missing some mod to adapt the RHD part numbers to fit our LHD cars. Ever since we had a 2016 Mustang GT in the family I couldn't believe how horribly dim these stock headlights are, lol.

Just for clarification, for those who ordered from 245, is everyone still ordering the headlight fitment for LHD only? Looking at their current stock it doesn't seem like they have any of the Hella options as a set for LHD, and it seems that the Depo ones they have don't confirm whether it's RHD or LHD fitment.

I just wanna make sure I'm not missing some mod to adapt the RHD part numbers to fit our LHD cars. Ever since we had a 2016 Mustang GT in the family I couldn't believe how horribly dim these stock headlights are, lol.
The Depo headlights available from cars245 are for EURO (LHD) cutoff and not UK (RHD). So you will just need to pick up a headlight with the "fitting position" right and one left. That just denotes what side of the car each housing mounts to and not the direction of the cutoff.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #204
The cutoff is probably what's throwing me off.

As far as color temp, I was actually comparing the Cougars to another set of LED bulbs that I had in my reflector housings. I believe the HLGX bulbs are closer to 5000k, but I can't say for sure. At some point I think I will just replace the Cougars with the Audew 6 sided bulbs that you recommend as I think I prefer a slightly warmer color temperature.

Thanks for all the insight btw.
So all halogen are naturally around 3500k, only way to get them cooler at all is by using that blue coating you may have seen on some halogen bulbs and that works but also takes away brightness... But yeah, I'm pretty sure once you've gotten them aimed a little higher your should be good, then you can look at bulbsslightly warmer/closer to 5000k pure white. For example, I tried the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 and they are 5250k as tested but they were just not worth $120 when the Audew are $50, just as cool in color and even better output... Thanks for posting your experience, we all learn a bit from each other this way!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #205

Just make sure you don't have "RHD" selected for the region in the upper left it won't list any RHD models.. if you want the Hella, they are the ones for $251.71 each as of right now, one side is special order and the other side has 1 in stock. It would prob take 4-6 weeks to get them both

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello all,

I’m going to go ahead and add that secondary pin to have full hi/low functionality (and hopefully fix my flickering LED brow).

Can anyone who has added the second pin to the headlight connector confirm that these terminals will work? And if not, would you mind sharing a link to which terminals you used? Thanks very much!

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Metri...p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-12

Hello all,

I’m going to go ahead and add that secondary pin to have full hi/low functionality (and hopefully fix my flickering LED brow).

Can anyone who has added the second pin to the headlight connector confirm that these terminals will work? And if not, would you mind sharing a link to which terminals you used? Thanks very much!

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Metri...p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-12
Yes they will!
These are a bit cheaper if you’re interested

Delphi GT 150, GT-150 Series Female Terminals Gauge Size 16-18 GA (Pack of 10) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DZ262KB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_52MNEb2TB2TX6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello all,

If you haven't ordered yet i can take a look tomorrow and if i can find mine I'll mail you a handful.

If you haven't ordered yet i can take a look tomorrow and if i can find mine I'll mail you a handful.

That’d be sweet! No worries if not, but let me know if you find some spares lying around. I can shoot you some $ on Venmo/PayPal for postage and the extra terminals

That’d be sweet! No worries if not, but let me know if you find some spares lying around. I can shoot you some $ on Venmo/PayPal for postage and the extra terminals
I have about 20 left. I can just throw them in an envelope and send it to you. No sweat on the shipping or cost of the terminals. Just PM me your address and I can stick them in the mailbox today.

That goes for anyone else that needs some terminals. I can send to a couple more people if needed. I'll send five so you have the opportunity to mess up once on each side and an additional for good luck. lol

I have about 20 left. I can just throw them in an envelope and send it to you. No sweat on the shipping or cost of the terminals. Just PM me your address and I can stick them in the mailbox today.

That goes for anyone else that needs some terminals. I can send to a couple more people if needed. I'll send five so you have the opportunity to mess up once on each side and an additional for good luck. lol
You’re the man! Very much appreciated, I’ll PM you!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #217
Hey Dan,

Did you get all your stuff from aliexpress?
I replied to your PM already, I've had 2 setts of eyebrows never make it out of China and had to be refunded, if this 3rd order works out I'll create a post and link about them!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #218
Hello all,

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Metri-Pack-Terminals-Sealed-12191818/dp/B01F7S5JSM/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=150+female&qid=1587386420&refinements=p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-12
I got THESE and were only $1.77 at the, time, so maybe try to go with the same 20-16 gauge and you have more room for 18 gauge wire to be crimped in.

Last edited: