Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Unplugging bypass valve add bov?

DangerMouse

Dumb question. I have a gfb bypass valve and recently it started making some fun chirping noises rather than the regular whoosh, mainly at low rpm shifts. When i rev it out its fine. I’m assuming it just needs to be cleaned but I’m limited on time right now for working on the car.
I have a mountune bov in preparation for upgrading the turbo and easier maintenance access.
Can I unplug the gfb and install the mountune symposer port bov? Will the gfb act as a block off plate until i get the new turbo in?
Assuming i can get to it easily to unplug it, otherwise i will just have to install a block off plate on this turbo.
Its been so long since i installed the gfb but I do remember it being a pain getting it in and out. Thanks!

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #2
Well i took a chance and tried it out. Just in case anyone is needing to do the same. I must have skinny arms cause I was able to reach down from the top and unplug the bpv, plug the turbosmart cel pluggy thing in and get it wrapped up out of the way.

Went for a decent drive and all is good.

BTW new turbo is ordered so this is super temporary.