Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Got this Trisomy 21 Transmission out of the FiST. Here is the video everyone seems to skip out on also. Shows The transmission coming out completely....Not just a half assed removal and shown on the ground.

View: https://youtu.be/LwSJ9hxhous

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Real mature glad you pulled it out good job .

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Now that I've done it I'll bet I could do it in half the time....if * the lower control arm bolts aren't seized! FML

Back in the day, I could change the clutch in my 69 Chevelle in about 45 min. On my back in a gravel driveway with jack stands. But I was in my late 20's, not 63. LOL Dropping a tranny onto my chest and rolling it out is no longer an option.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got these Mafackas just for the square end seal. This is the clutch line to the Slave. My seal disappeared from the Slave cyl to my hand even though I watched for anything carefully that could come off or fall when removing the line.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
RTS twin friction Clutch Kit in..Transferred over the mountune Shift kit also....Tried finagling the Trans back in by myself....it will be a two man op. to get it back in. But its coming along. Just gotta get the Trans in now.

Last edited:
Got these Mafackas just for the end seal. This is the clutch line to the Slave. My seal disappeared from the Slave cyl to my hand even though I watched for anything carefully that could come off or fall when removing the line.

Did that same exact thing when I did my transmission and clutch swap. Snapped the line in and wondering why fluid started coming out and then realized that o-ring was still in the old slave cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did that same exact thing when I did my transmission and clutch swap. Snapped the line in and wondering why fluid started coming out and then realized that o-ring was still in the old slave cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Mine disappeared into the abyss* no idea where it went.

Magnetic

RTS twin friction Clutch Kit in..Transferred over the mountune Shift kit also....Tried finagling the Trans back in by myself....it will be a two man op. to get it back in. But its coming along. Just gotta get the Trans in now.

I can't wait to hear about this clutch! I was considering this kit as well.

Be sure to fill us in once its in!!!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What consumables/etc did you buy for the job? New case bolts or anything?
Depends on who was last in there I've found out* a fomoco meatball/ mech was last in there on mine. I found some bolts almost breaker bar rounding the head impossible to get out and others were just right. I ended up getting some new starter bolts short and longs. New lower Ball joint bolts and nuts. Carrier bearing nuts. That was about it for hardware.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did what might be the last wash and Collinite until mid April (or at least until the very short, 'February thaw' we sometimes get here) today, taking advantage of the 60*F temps.

Still have to pull the skid plate off, and do my winter oil change soon.

Ford Community Posts