Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Installed a splitter. It's a Flow Designs Australia piece. Most of the pre-drilled holes didn't work, so had to drill new holes and use some longer hardware. Really liking the look, might even keep the canards the previous owner installed now too.
View attachment 48285

View attachment 48286
What brand/model and size tire are on those Terras?

They are Firestone Indy 500 205/50/16
Bought my car with those tires and had to replace 1 of them from a hole on the sidewall.. I had major troubles with spinning 1st and part of 2nd with those tires, to the point of the front tires were noticeably balder than the rears when I got all seasons for the winter.. got the all seasons ~9 months after replacing the one front tire.

The General G-max all seasons I got don’t spin unless I launch REALLY hard, but it’s still just a chirp.. and they handle curves almost as good as the Indy 500s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rough morning sadly. Just dropped my girlfriend off at work and was ripping around heating the tires up. That’s just been the usual Saturday morning routine since getting the ST because it’s just so great. Unfortunately, during a simple U-turn I must’ve tipped in a little too much right at the end of the rotation and suddenly slid right into the curb. No real reason to, saw a car that would soon be turning into my lane and just wanted to give a little more room or so I remember thinking. Totally unexpected, wasn’t really hearing or feeling any slip etc. Regardless it’s been towed to a shop and I’ll be going through insurance given the extent of the damage on the surface. What looked and felt like that whole front axle totally breaking apart. Grease and bearings bits on the ground. Just dirty and really sad. :(
A576186E-4E22-4788-B7E0-87BE3F21D694.jpeg FB5E4E45-907B-401D-BBFA-4076631FD16E.jpeg BDD10077-055D-4F07-A305-42E97B2AC4BA.jpeg

What scares me the most is what looked like the tiniest bit of initial wrinkling in the metal closer to the to passenger strut tower though closer to underneath the headlight when I looked in the engine bay. Engine started and ran fine, had to unlock the steering for getting it on the trailer. Sounds like most things suspension and frame wise should be fixable but what a pain and I’m sure it could be totally done for via some hard to see structural damage but here’s hoping for not that! If anyone has any thoughts, insight, whatever I’m all ears!

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
TIght steering. Not even months old I bumped my rear passenger wheel on a curb rounding a street corner. Takes a little getting used to. But one mistake is all it takes and then you adjust from then on.

Grease and bearings were probably CV related.

These cars are *REALLY* sensitive to an alignment issue meaning, if there's a problem it should be easy for you detect. (post repairs) I doubt any structural damage unless it really ran up on the high curb with a completely collapsed suspension. Hopefully just tie-rod damage and not steering rack. No big deal to replace a CV axle. Could need a control-arm, ball joint. Of course a wheel and tire.

TIght steering. Not even months old I bumped my rear passenger wheel on a curb rounding a street corner. Takes a little getting used to. But one mistake is all it takes and then you adjust from then on.

Grease and bearings were probably CV related.

These cars are *REALLY* sensitive to an alignment issue meaning, if there's a problem it should be easy for you detect. (post repairs) I doubt any structural damage unless it really ran up on the high curb with a completely collapsed suspension. Hopefully just tie-rod damage and not steering rack. No big deal to replace a CV axle. Could need a control-arm, ball joint. Of course a wheel and tire.
That's where my heads at too, just hope I'm not thinking too optimistically. Honestly assuming everything turns out as I think it should sourcing a new wheel somewhat quickly is going to be the most annoying part. The Podium's are a lot more expensive and a lot less in stock than when I got them awhile ago lol. Tire was still holding air but there was a deep chunk taken out of where it must've taken the initial impact.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Rough morning sadly. Just dropped my girlfriend off at work and was ripping around heating the tires up. That’s just been the usual Saturday morning routine since getting the ST because it’s just so great. Unfortunately, during a simple U-turn I must’ve tipped in a little too much right at the end of the rotation and suddenly slid right into the curb. No real reason to, saw a car that would soon be turning into my lane and just wanted to give a little more room or so I remember thinking. Totally unexpected, wasn’t really hearing or feeling any slip etc. Regardless it’s been towed to a shop and I’ll be going through insurance given the extent of the damage on the surface. What looked and felt like that whole front axle totally breaking apart. Grease and bearings bits on the ground. Just dirty and really sad. :(
View attachment 48385 View attachment 48386 View attachment 48387

What scares me the most is what looked like the tiniest bit of initial wrinkling in the metal closer to the to passenger strut tower though closer to underneath the headlight when I looked in the engine bay. Engine started and ran fine, had to unlock the steering for getting it on the trailer. Sounds like most things suspension and frame wise should be fixable but what a pain and I’m sure it could be totally done for via some hard to see structural damage but here’s hoping for not that! If anyone has any thoughts, insight, whatever I’m all ears!
That sucks! I hope you can get everything fixed ok.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I realized that I will need to upgrade my radiator soon. I was taking my brother to get a Cherokee xj and my coolant was hanging out at 200-210 while cruising around 85-90. I'm probably going montune because I want the easiest install.

Erick_V

I realized that I will need to upgrade my radiator soon. I was taking my brother to get a Cherokee xj and my coolant was hanging out at 200-210 while cruising around 85-90. I'm probably going montune because I want the easiest install.
Mountune Rad is a great unit. Fit and finish was perfect. I’ve heard the wait can be super long for it, I just happen to get mine a week or two after ordering directly from Mountune. Also, I see on Ron’s (Whoosh Motorsports) website he just dropped a Koyo Rad, haven’t seen anyone talk about it yet though.

Is that not normal temps? What are normal temps safe for our car?

That's good to know. I should still probably upgrade the radiator though
I want/need to upgrade mine too, it overheated last summer driving around with AC on and it happened idling outside a gas station. I put some VP racing cool down in and it seems to be working, the hottest I’ve seen it get was 208. Cheap way to not upgrade the radiator yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Mountune Rad is a great unit. Fit and finish was perfect. I’ve heard the wait can be super long for it, I just happen to get mine a week or two after ordering directly from Mountune. Also, I see on Ron’s (Whoosh Motorsports) website he just dropped a Koyo Rad, haven’t seen anyone talk about it yet though.
Koyo radiator is interesting. Description is oem fitment. That would be pretty sweet.