What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Member ID
I think he’s referring to the boomba risers but yeah I’m sure he’s not looking for those!
PSA to anyone who hasn’t gotten the message, the boomba risers will eventually cause your wing to crack.
there are ways to spread the force out on the wing riser kit mounting points and i've seen one or two FiST builds that used splitter support rods to transfer the weight away from mounting points and into the back hatch lift gate (like them big waaangs we see our forum racers do)

that's all to say i'm not putting my foot down and saying that would solve it. and i am probably not going to be the one to do it. but if someone else wants to try it out and report back...

edit: the splitter support rods were on a FiST that was showing off the Vega wing extension and it had a riser kit, not the delta wing extension. came across it on instagram but never saw it again. thought they were using four wing supports like this kit Wing Support Kit | Quarter-Max (quartermax.com) with two underneath attached to the hatch lift gate and two on top attached to the roof. but after thinking about it the roof supports must've either been hydraulic supports or they were cool with just never opening the hatch.

Last edited:

Dialcaliper

Member ID
I think he’s referring to the boomba risers but yeah I’m sure he’s not looking for those!
PSA to anyone who hasn’t gotten the message, the boomba risers will eventually cause your wing to crack.
Had the same experience with the Velossatech risers that were installed on my car when I bought it. I suspect it may eventually be an issue with *any* of the risers that use the 6-point attachment - there’s just not enough upper support to keep the weight of the wing from wanting to rock/flex and stress the lower side mounts (both from trunk closing and just general vibration from driving around)

Member ID
there are ways to spread the force out on the wing riser kit mounting points and i've seen one or two FiST builds that used splitter support rods to transfer the weight away from mounting points and into the back hatch lift gate (like them big waaangs we see our forum racers do)

that's all to say i'm not putting my foot down and saying that would solve it. and i am probably not going to be the one to do it. but if someone else wants to try it out and report back...

edit: the splitter support rods were on a FiST that was showing off the Vega wing extension and it had a riser kit, not the delta wing extension. came across it on instagram but never saw it again. thought they were using four wing supports like this kit Wing Support Kit | Quarter-Max (quartermax.com) with two underneath attached to the hatch lift gate and two on top attached to the roof. but after thinking about it the roof supports must've either been hydraulic supports or they were cool with just never opening the hatch.
okay now i wanna give this a shot

Spring Loaded Splitter Support Rods - Aerodynamics (fullytorquedracing.com)

i have the whoosh ring riser kit but pretty much accept i'm never going to install it and was just going to install my vega wing extension in late spring. i don't think i'll do it either way because splitter rods running from the wing extension down to the hatch lift might make everything just look too busy mess up some of the few clean lines the FiST has on it. i know these springs are designed more for the compression part of the splitter support but if my engineering degree hasn't failed me completely the idea should work just as well from the tension side of things. at least as far as this application anyway.

Member ID
My side skirt was coming off because some of the clips broke. Ordered new clips, installed, and good as new. Also installed my EBC rear rotors with EBC Red stuff. Also have red stuff on my Tarox kit. Brakes are phenomenal and very quiet.

Member ID
I bought it from ebay (this listing specifically)

He included the airbag when he found out I had a USDM car so that was a huge plus, but I don't know if thats a limited supply bonus or what. He also made it totally to order so I got red stripe black/red thread and a red/silver plate instead of the gray/gold in the listing.

Obviously its not installed yet so can't comment on that, but the craftsmanship is excellent and feels OEM quality. My only thing is I wish that Ford logo was red to match the stitching/logo but hey thats just being nitpicky.
Thanks, and it's awesome that the airbag was included. $400USD shipped seems like a good deal all things considered. I really like the red stripe and red thread too.

Member ID
I racked the ST up and I noticed when I spin the left rear tire it has more resistance than the right rear. I there is no noise and no drag. I got home and touched the rotors and the left rear was definitely hotter than the other side. So I took a look at the old rotors. The slots are completely gone on the backside. I Believe it was the left rear. My dumb self can’t remember. I didn’t even bother to look as it started to rain/snow so I tried to get out of there. Does this mean the caliper is sticking? The pads on both sides seemed to be worn evenly. Maybe 5 mm of life left on all pads. Slide pins had a nice coat of grease on them when they were removed.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
My side skirt was coming off because some of the clips broke. Ordered new clips, installed, and good as new. Also installed my EBC rear rotors with EBC Red stuff. Also have red stuff on my Tarox kit. Brakes are phenomenal and very quiet.
Got a part number for the Clips? i may need to do them soon as some Meatball didnt lift my car correctly*

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
I racked the ST up and I noticed when I spin the left rear tire it has more resistance than the right rear. I there is no noise and no drag. I got home and touched the rotors and the left rear was definitely hotter than the other side. So I took a look at the old rotors. The slots are completely gone on the backside. I Believe it was the left rear. My dumb self can’t remember. I didn’t even bother to look as it started to rain/snow so I tried to get out of there. Does this mean the caliper is sticking? The pads on both sides seemed to be worn evenly. Maybe 5 mm of life left on all pads. Slide pins had a nice coat of grease on them when they were removed.
When screwing the Caliper piston back into its bore...make sure that it gives minimal resistance as its is placed back into its home. And that the Caliper piston is keyed correctly to the brake pads also. I showed this in a DIY with EBC pads and rotors replacement.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Whoosh ignition coils and brisk silver step colder spark plugs. I will say the whoosh ignition coils are taller than stock and kinda floated above the head. Took the car for a spin and saw no issues.

Member ID
This beautiful piece came in the mail today. Gonna try and get it installed this weekend after work tomorrow. Assuming I don't brake any of my coolant lines it should be a simple install. also got a replacement OEM crash bar so I can sacrifice the piece that mounts to the core support for the BA intercooler install. Might see about installing the radiator and crash bar this weekend too.

Member ID
Got my coolant tank in the mail today. Excited to get it installed this weekend. Heres to hoping I dont have any coolant lines brake on me. I got lucky installing my downpipe and ended up not breaking any of the downpipe bolts to the turbo so will I get lucky again this time. I guess well have to see. I did a Mishimoto coolant tank on the Mustang so this is a warm welcome of an upgrade to the Fiesta.

1677888449800.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
^^^As much as I like their polished stuff, I will most likely get that same color when the time comes.

Easier to keep clean, and very 'stealth'. [wink] [thumb]