Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which turbo gives best bang for the buck?

The s280 has gone 11.73 in less than six months on the market....let me know when your 1999 technology turbo breaks 12s 😂.
Trying to break 12 breaks things. I think I’ll
roll ‘em. Pretty amazing that 1999 technology is still relevant 20 years later. Will anyone know what the S280 is in 2039? 🤔

OP
ywgbandit
Thread Starter #22
Looks like I'll be getting one of Ron's Whoosh Hybrids. He sure has a great reputation and from what everyone has said on this forum, he stands behind his products....that means more to me than a bit of difference in price.

My setup is very close to stock performance down low and is wild to redline. Hybrids lmao 😂

wetwea33

Yeah but I'm pretty sure everybody but you can agree that a hybrid is the better performer in every catagory except maybe reliability. I'm going for the s280 once aux numbers are released but I think it's 350whp capable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah but I'm pretty sure everybody but you can agree that a hybrid is the better performer in every catagory except maybe reliability. I'm going for the s280 once aux numbers are released but I think it's 350whp capable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Are you saying a hybrid is a better performing turbo than the MRX?

The S280 is a good idea to get boost lower in the rpm range with their anti surge housing and new wheel. The only thing I don’t like is the journal and thrust bearings. Ball bearing cartridge turbos spool way faster, are more durable and less prone to failure. They require less oil to be properly lubricated and are less prone to coking the oil along with less seal failures. Good luck! 🤞

danbfree

3000 Post Club
One of the things that impressed me on the PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid was the published spec of max boost at 2200 engine rpm. I can't even find out what the turbine wheel and compressor wheel diameters are on the Whoosh. I was hoping someone that's running one would chime in. You are right though, much nicer dealing with someone on this side of the Pond I have talked to Ron and he seems like a straight shooter.
FWIW, the X47R IS sold through a US vendor, he handles warranty for you as well and does have a proven track record... Not to say Ron's is bad AT ALL and he does provide excellent support, just adding the full info to the PumaSpeed option so you can make a more informed decision. Honestly, they are both GREAT products, really can't go wrong either way!

Se7eN

The s280 has gone 11.73 in less than six months on the market....let me know when your 1999 technology turbo breaks 12s 😂.
That is hurtful, also if it's a Euro FiST it's like 400lbs less in stock form. So it ain't even a good comparison

Se7eN

Looks like I'll be getting one of Ron's Whoosh Hybrids. He sure has a great reputation and from what everyone has said on this forum, he stands behind his products....that means more to me than a bit of difference in price.
One of my buddies has it, went to the dyno last saturday. Did pretty decent numbers for the heat and humidity of a tropical island mid summer. I installed it on his car, really liked the quality of the build and the fact that it comes with everything you need. I'm sure you won't regret it.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
if we are really only taking about bang for the buck not ultimate turbo kit for the Fiesta, the Hybrid is tough to beat
$1499 with an option to get $200 back with core return places you at $1299 shipped
Also can't deny the fact that we've pushed our hybrid to well over 300whp/350wtq on the oem fuel system, over 340whp and 350wtq with aux fuel and over 400whp/410wtq with a 35 dry shot of go go juice

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
if we are really only taking about bang for the buck not ultimate turbo kit for the Fiesta, the Hybrid is tough to beat
$1499 with an option to get $200 back with core return places you at $1299 shipped
Also can't deny the fact that we've pushed our hybrid to well over 300whp/350wtq on the oem fuel system, over 340whp and 350wtq with aux fuel and over 400whp/410wtq with a 35 dry shot of go go juice
Hmmmmmmm........

Those are some very impressive numbers Ron....

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Where is all this power happening in the powerband? I made 293tq on the stock turbo but it happened for a moment and could not be sustained. Numbers happen all the time but where and how long says so much.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Where is all this power happening in the powerband? I made 293tq on the stock turbo but it happened for a moment and could not be sustained. Numbers happen all the time but where and how long says so much.
Get off the numbers and take one for a drive. There’s no chance you’ll dislike it.