Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who is getting Seeping or Leaking between Engine and Transmission?

I'm getting seepage between the trans and engine along the front of the housing. It pools up enough to build up with dirt and stain the area. I've cleaned it twice since 12000mi and it comes back, though not as bad as it first was, but that was due to me not checking since 10000mi. Since my last oil change, at 10000, I had to fill from near the low level to halfway (where I keep the oil) twice. Indication of Slight running along the seam, but it's mostly dry due to it getting burnt off. No spots on the ground. Car has about 12500mi on it, half of that highway. I can't get pictures currently, try to post them soon.

I know firsthand that seepage may lead to leaks, or not at all and the car never developing any other issues, but never seen seepage on a car newer than 50,000mi. Don't want the warranty to run out and find that it turned into a main seal leak.

Seeing if anyone else has had this and the extent.

TUX15ST

Are you sure its coming from between the engine and trans? There is a whole thread on leaking axle seals, its possible your seals are leaking down to the center of the trans and makes it look like its coming from there, otherwise most likely the rear main seal.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Are you sure its coming from between the engine and trans? There is a whole thread on leaking axle seals, its possible your seals are leaking down to the center of the trans and makes it look like its coming from there, otherwise most likely the rear main seal.
Definitely coming from between the trans and engine. It's along the front top of the seam. Last I checked about 1000mi or so ago, no leaking from axle seals. I do need to take pictures and get a more detailed look, just haven't been able as the car is parked an hour away currently. Been on my bike recently because of good weather, and this just came to mind as something to check on more diligently as I'll need to drive the FiST as the weather cools and wondering if anyone else has had anything similar.