Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

All going wrong!!! Getting new codes...

Hey all!

So, I noticed the other day on start up that the car was idling very funny. On start up for about the first 5 minutes it would be a rough idle or when rpms are low before the engine fully warms up. I thought maybe it was the cold weather but then the outside temp got to 40*F and it still happened so that shouldn't cause any issues. The car would also have a loud pshhhh noise on hard accel and a lack of power but still getting normal boost. I decided to check my codes and I had gotten 4 new codes that I wasn't already aware of. P0171(system too lean) P0507(Idle air control system RPM higher than expected) P2195(O2 sensor signal biased/stuck lean(bank 1, sensor 1)) and P2282(air leak between throttle body and intake valve). About a month ago I was going to install new plugs and had taken one out but had gotten the wrong size plugs(Im dumb) so I put the old one back in. I had an issue installing the coil pack and am now thinking that maybe it isn't seated properly. I'm wondering if this could cause the engine to run lean?

In addition to this headache, I've also been getting a load of exhaust fumes in the cab while at a stop or slow speeds. Does anyone have any ideas because its starting to give me an actual headache. I've checked all of my lines and there's no rips, tears or anything loose. Im wondering if the exhaust isn't fully seated to the DP.

The car has a MRX turbo, full cobb bolt on kit, engine mounts, Cobb exhaust. It has been running fine for almost a year after installing the new parts so I don't think it's any of that.

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Check for boost leaks and replace your plugs. Also don't mess around with exhaust leaks. You smell it and get a headache, then you fall asleep and don't wake up. It happens more than it needs to. Take it to a muffler shop and have them check it out.

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
So, after spending a few hours with my friend who works at ford with the car on the lift, we've found that the studs and nuts holding the DP to the MRX turbo flange have completely backed out causing a massive exhaust leak. So, we found some random bolts with the same thread pitch and threw those in for the time being, reset the ECU and everything is good, no codes yet. Hopefully it hold for good but emailed mountune to see about new hardware.

OP
R
Thread Starter #7
YOU COULND'T HEAR A LOUD EXHAUST LEAK?
Nope not really, I could hear odd noises and such but my exhaust is already pretty loud and whenever i would get pops with the leak, it would still sound like it was coming from the back. Not to mention, I'm still pretty new to the car scene and haven't ever experienced this before or can differentiate certain sounds. Luckily it wasn't running like that for too long and I finally got my roommate who works at ford to throw it on the lift because our garage is too full and small to get it up on jacks and too damn cold where I live to be doing anything outside.