Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #461
I don’t know much about the Verus other than one other member here said it showed no advantage on track. There’s many reasons that could be though.. I was thinking about cutting the bumper like this and building it myself:

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #462
I don't get that part - WHAT could be more functional?

It covers the area from the rear axle back... it has rear fins that aren't obnoxious... What ELSE could be done to a rear diffuser for our cars? Legitimate question... I've heard the whole 'it doesn't look functional' or 'they don't have data' but Versus does state they use computer modelling to project airflow characteristics which is about as good as you can expect any company to do.

There isn't a weight sacrifice - it's built well - I couldn't make one as nice for the money and I consider myself a reasonably capable fabricator at this stage.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious!
Do you happen to have any pics of yours from underneath and behind?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #467
Got a screw in my new tire sometime yesterday when I took the car up to have it corner balanced and aligned. I had to laugh because my wife asked me why I kept switching wheels.. Now she gets it.

I used different local race shops for corner balancing and alignment and I’m extremely please. He discovered the rear beam was shifted to the right around 1/4” or so and also slightly turned to the right. This most definitely contributed to some of the car’s stability problems. He was able to correct the rear end alignment and balance it 50/50 side to side and around 61/39 front to rear. I also had him install the DNA Race endlinks purchased from Whooshmotorsport to help accomplish the best results. Alignment specs are -3 front, -2 rear and 0 toe. It all feels fantastic! Can’t wait to test it in a couple of weeks.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I love how square shouldered (and W-I-D-E treaded!) those 660s are!! [thumb]

Hopefully, that is one of those really short, tiny sheet metal screws which is nowhere near the belts, since it is in that thick center strip.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #469
The sidewalls are very stiff. They feel stiffer than the RT615K+ but I don’t know for sure if they are. I’m anxious to push them..

Alright fella.

Out of interest, what BBK you running and what offset wheels? Looks like you're also running spacers?

What's the total extra mm from stock offset (47.5mm)? I'm interested to see how much tyres stick out when running 20mm+ extra offset.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got a screw in my new tire sometime yesterday when I took the car up to have it corner balanced and aligned. I had to laugh because my wife asked me why I kept switching wheels.. Now she gets it.

I used different local race shops for corner balancing and alignment and I’m extremely please. He discovered the rear beam was shifted to the right around 1/4” or so and also slightly turned to the right. This most definitely contributed to some of the car’s stability problems. He was able to correct the rear end alignment and balance it 50/50 side to side and around 61/39 front to rear. I also had him install the DNA Race endlinks purchased from Whooshmotorsport to help accomplish the best results. Alignment specs are -3 front, -2 rear and 0 toe. It all feels fantastic! Can’t wait to test it in a couple of weeks.

How did he align the rear beam? I didn't think there was any adjustment? Or was it a matter of loosening the mounting bolts and shifting things around?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #472
How did he align the rear beam? I didn't think there was any adjustment? Or was it a matter of loosening the mounting bolts and shifting things around?
Loosening the bolts yeah. He also used a long clamp to pull it square. Pretty simple on the rack.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #473
Alright fella.

Out of interest, what BBK you running and what offset wheels? Looks like you're also running spacers?

What's the total extra mm from stock offset (47.5mm)? I'm interested to see how much tyres stick out when running 20mm+ extra offset.
All that info is on the first post I believe. Nothing has changed. The TD wheels only needed 2mm to clear the BBK but 5mm spacers from Whoosh were in stock. I didn’t bother custom making them like I did the 12mm spacers for the OZ wheels. The 17x7.5 Fifteen52 use H&R 10mm. Reference the first post for offsets. Most BBK kits have a printable template. Definitely do that.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I don’t know much about the Verus other than one other member here said it showed no advantage on track. There’s many reasons that could be though.. I was thinking about cutting the bumper like this and building it myself:

That's some #racecar shit........ I like it[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

All that info is on the first post I believe. Nothing has changed. The TD wheels only needed 2mm to clear the BBK but 5mm spacers from Whoosh were in stock. I didn’t bother custom making them like I did the 12mm spacers for the OZ wheels. The 17x7.5 Fifteen52 use H&R 10mm. Reference the first post for offsets. Most BBK kits have a printable template. Definitely do that.
Excellent, thanks. I had missed the OP.

Is it the 5mm H&R spacers from Whoosh you're using? They have different studs don't they, happy with the quality for track? How simple is it to change studs (not done all this brake stuff before bar changing pads!).

Unfortunately the caliper I'm after they haven't released a template yet. I'm sure can figure something out.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #476
Excellent, thanks. I had missed the OP.

Is it the 5mm H&R spacers from Whoosh you're using? They have different studs don't they, happy with the quality for track? How simple is it to change studs (not done all this brake stuff before bar changing pads!).

Unfortunately the caliper I'm after they haven't released a template yet. I'm sure can figure something out.
I use ARP extended studs. The H&R kit comes with studs but ARP is best and they’re longer. It’s easy to change them but you’ll need a press. I removed the hubs to make it easier.

The H&R spacers are dual drilled for 4x100/108. They’re ok. If I went bigger than 10mm I’d have them custom made by Motorsport Tech

I use ARP extended studs. The H&R kit comes with studs but ARP is best and they’re longer. It’s easy to change them but you’ll need a press. I removed the hubs to make it easier.

The H&R spacers are dual drilled for 4x100/108. They’re ok. If I went bigger than 10mm I’d have them custom made by Motorsport Tech
Cheers, that makes sense. Would you mind linking me to the exact ARP studs you used (I assume there are a few different size variations)?

I know what you mean, I'm a bit hesitant about running large spacers of unknown quality... Hence all the questions. I haven't looked into custom made spacers, something for me to do.

I'm just hoping ET38 is default enough for an AP Racing kit.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #478
Cheers, that makes sense. Would you mind linking me to the exact ARP studs you used (I assume there are a few different size variations)?

I know what you mean, I'm a bit hesitant about running large spacers of unknown quality... Hence all the questions. I haven't looked into custom made spacers, something for me to do.

I'm just hoping ET38 is default enough for an AP Racing kit.
Sure no problem. They were purchase from here:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-100-7708

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #479
I’m not sure about your AP Racing kit. I haven’t seen their kit on a Fiesta here but a lot of other cars run them. I looked when I was upgrading and didn’t have much luck. The Stoptech ST40 is plenty of brake for sure but likely heavier than the AP. Consider upgrading the rear as well. I had a lot of bias before I upgraded the rear to the Focus SVT option. You can find it at Goldcoast here: http://goldcoastautomotive.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product-category.cgi?d=gold-coast-automotive&pc=16399

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5