Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #721
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #722
Oh snap.... that's going to look VERY clean in the car.

I dig the full halo but it would suck for a DD - this... this is amazing.
The halo isn't noticeable to me. It might be the position. It's maybe a hair worse than the B pillar. I sure as hell wouldn't daily these race seats though. The Recaros absorb all the little road imperfections unlike the OMP. I had Alan use thicker memory foam on the Bridgemoto seat, so it should be more comfortable. I'm actually going to sell the OMP and have him build me a halo seat that looks identical to my Suzuka. Thankfully I paid very little for the OMP so I will definitely get my money back.

Yep. Alan and his wife Rachel own the biz. They're pretty popular in the Drift and Time Attack world. My suit, base layer, gloves, seat and harness were all custom made by them. Very good humans.
What gloves are you using? There's a million pairs and I have no idea where to begin

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #726
Went for an impromptu mountain run to scrub in a new set of 615s and shit! Jigsaw blade slice. It took a big bottle of slime and two large plugs with rubber cement to get me 50 miles home. Worked like a charm lol. No. No I didn’t have a spare nor a jack or wrench. But I had a buddy with a Porsche and since or humor to help me through it. I’ll never drive OTP without tools and a spare again lol.

0B33014D-0169-4240-B3BC-7FD52793CB75.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #727
Went back to an OEM sized AGM battery to try and eliminate weird shit happening on track. One of the errors was voltage related so swapping the battery made since. The D680 has been a pain in the ass since I’ve owned it. It doesn’t hold a charge more than a day.
7710958A-A4CF-48F8-BAE4-AB58808836C7.jpeg

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #728
I also decided to remove driver side airbags and install resistors to keep the rest of the bags active and the dash light off. I ordered a Momo Prototipo wheel with a NRG hub and quick release. They’ll be installed soon.. I’m keeping the steering wheel controls which is gonna be a bitch because the clockspring has to be removed. I have to have them. My buddy will build an aluminum mount and we’ll probably use coiled cord like a lot of old race cars used. This car is one big experiment for me lol.
This is the idea:

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Went back to an OEM sized AGM battery to try and eliminate weird shit happening on track. One of the errors was voltage related so swapping the battery made since. The D680 has been a pain in the ass since I’ve owned it. It doesn’t hold a charge more than a day.
View attachment 36977
You had the XS Power D680? Mine has surprised me with how well it performs.. I went with the XS Power after hearing bad things about Odyssey.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #730
You had the XS Power D680? Mine has surprised me with how well it performs.. I went with the XS Power after hearing bad things about Odyssey.
Yeah but long story short, mine looked used when I got it from MeLe. I talked to them about it and they were cool but insisted it was new so I let it go.. I always had to charge the thing or keep it on a maintainer. Weird stuff like no radio or no Bluetooth would happen if I didn’t keep the battery topped off. The car would start and run but some things wouldn’t work.. I’ve been having weird crash sensor issues and HPFP voltage issues at the track under extreme demands. The voltage issue lead me to the battery since it’s caused weird problems before. I hope to get on track soon to see if it is fixed. Regardless, I’m happy to not have to keep my car plugged in all the time. It starts a lot easier now too.

Edit: I forgot to mention something critical. Both times my car flailed on track was after it sat outside at the track in sub 40 degree weather overnight before the event. I’m sure that battery hated me because of that.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also decided to remove driver side airbags and install resistors to keep the rest of the bags active and the dash light off. I ordered a Momo Prototipo wheel with a NRG hub and quick release. They’ll be installed soon.. I’m keeping the steering wheel controls which is gonna be a bitch because the clockspring has to be removed. I have to have them. My buddy will build an aluminum mount and we’ll probably use coiled cord like a lot of old race cars used. This car is one big experiment for me lol.
This is the idea:

Do you plug the resistor leads right into the wheel's SRS connector, and then tape or heat shrink to seal it, the same as some do for the seats??

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah but long story short, mine looked used when I got it from MeLe. I talked to them about it and they were cool but insisted it was new so I let it go.. I always had to charge the thing or keep it on a maintainer. Weird stuff like no radio or no Bluetooth would happen if I didn’t keep the battery topped off. The car would start and run but some things wouldn’t work.. I’ve been having weird crash sensor issues and HPFP voltage issues at the track under extreme demands. The voltage issue lead me to the battery since it’s caused weird problems before. I hope to get on track soon to see if it is fixed. Regardless, I’m happy to not have to keep my car plugged in all the time. It starts a lot easier now too.

Edit: I forgot to mention something critical. Both times my car flailed on track was after it sat outside at the track in sub 40 degree weather overnight before the event. I’m sure that battery hated me because of that.
Did you happen to weigh the 96R size Platinum before installation?

I wonder who actually makes that AGM for Die Hard? [dunno]

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

gotcha, thats a bummer. I wasn't super impressed with Mele's customer service so I am not surprised.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #735
Go you plug the resistor leads right into the wheel's SRS connector, and then tape or heat shrink to seal it, the same as some do for the seats??
It is similar. NRG provides resistors that also have an inline fuse. I'll take a pic for you during installation.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #736
Did you happen to weigh the 96R size Platinum before installation?

I wonder who actually makes that AGM for Die Hard? [dunno]
I didn't but I should have. It is HEAVY. I'll take a heavy running car over an unpredictable light weight car any day lol.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #737
gotcha, thats a bummer. I wasn't super impressed with Mele's customer service so I am not surprised.
They were responsive and I intend to follow up with them if I can prove the battery was at fault. They told me they'd swap it without issue if I had a problem. I just need to prove the battery IS the problem. It shows proper voltage but I don't think it is supplying enough amps. I have no clue how to test since electricity and I don't get along. I'm still not going back to a small battery. I will relocate the new one to the passenger rear side of the hatch next to my Coolshirt cooler.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5