Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

Recently, I added the Eibach sway bar kit front and rear. I like it but I think the cash should’ve gone towards a more tunable suspension setup. I love the 2J/BC/Swift multi-use setup I have now but I’d rather have MCS build me something custom that’s a bit more track oriented. If I had more appropriate suspension, I wouldn’t really need sway bars. With my current BC/Swift setup, I prefer the way the car handles WITH the sway bars. I have buddies who insist on disconnecting front sway bars for track use. It’s just driver preference.. On pavement, I can predict flat cars better than wobbly ones.
MCS are pricey, but *very* good. I have a set of their coilovers and the stock sway bar and it's fantastic. I dropped the spring rates from what they initially specced, but after that I've only played with the dials. Keep the BC camber plates, I had to use them (drilled out for the larger piston shafts) to get as much camber adjustment as I wanted.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

OP
Woods247

Woods247

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #682
MCS are pricey, but *very* good. I have a set of their coilovers and the stock sway bar and it's fantastic. I dropped the spring rates from what they initially specced, but after that I've only played with the dials. Keep the BC camber plates, I had to use them (drilled out for the larger piston shafts) to get as much camber adjustment as I wanted.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
Are you in ATL? MCS is about 15min from me. I was planning to swing by with my car after season’s over. They’re insanely expensive lol. Totally worth it.

Did you post up your spring rates anywhere? I’d love to know what you’re using.

No, I'm in Texas. But the shop I work with loves MCS and convinced me to go to them. And yes, expensive but totally worth it. Even though my car's just a street car these days, I'm still very happy with them. You'd probably love a set, especially with spring rates tweaked for your aero. I'm a little jealous that you're local.

I've got 400lb/in springs in front and 350lb/in springs in the rear. But the reara are true coilovers not, not a divorced spring/shock setup like stock. It was initially 600/400 F/R, but the local streets were too rough for that.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Man that could be a looong discussion. I’ve had Pierce and TB Performance (twice now). The Pierce 6 point was most noticeable, but sat way too low. I had to remove it and reinstall TB Performance braces to create clearance for my splitter. Even then, I had to modify the TB traction bar to raise it up. With the amount of torque my car has, the Pierce 6 point was noticeably more rigid and managed torque steer a lot better than the TB traction and TB 4 point. There is a very good chance I’ll build a custom 6 point to regain that rigidity up front again. If I could still run the Pierce 6 point, I would. It’s awesome.

Recently, I added the Eibach sway bar kit front and rear. I like it but I think the cash should’ve gone towards a more tunable suspension setup. I love the 2J/BC/Swift multi-use setup I have now but I’d rather have MCS build me something custom that’s a bit more track oriented. If I had more appropriate suspension, I wouldn’t really need sway bars. With my current BC/Swift setup, I prefer the way the car handles WITH the sway bars. I have buddies who insist on disconnecting front sway bars for track use. It’s just driver preference.. On pavement, I can predict flat cars better than wobbly ones.

I also have a Piece torsion beam bar (and TB Performance). I’ve used both and I don’t think they do shit.. The Pierce has more contact points but I’ve tracked with and without it the same day and can’t tell a difference. Maybe they’re better suited for AutoX. Not sure.
What are your dampening settings for the BCs front and rear? I'm debating more and more to make the FiST more towards a track car.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #685
I can’t believe I waited this long to have Adam tune me on e30. It’s incredible just like everyone says.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #686
What are your dampening settings for the BCs front and rear? I'm debating more and more to make the FiST more towards a track car.
I’ll need to ask Joe at 2J. He weighed the car then had BC build a set valved and sprung for it. The compression is adjustable (30 settings) and definitely makes a difference (no rebound control). Even two click is noticeably different on track. The springs are from Swift, rated at 7/5 I think. Honestly, they ride really good on the street and I can stiffen them up to easily at the track. Before I dump more cash into MCS, I might call BC and see if they have any suggestions. I’ve had a couple of issues over the years and they’re quick to respond and easy to work with. They even overnighted a rear shock to me once.

I just finished reading this thread from page 1, and now I really want to get an LSD.

Your car is amazing, btw. I'm in Midtown, hopefully I'll see you around.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #690
I just finished reading this thread from page 1, and now I really want to get an LSD.

Your car is amazing, btw. I'm in Midtown, hopefully I'll see you around.
Thanks man. Definitely do the LSD. If you need a local installer, PM me.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #691
Mocked up the installation of my new Autopower roll bar. It’s being sent out for powder coating and should be back by the time my Bridgemoto seat and harness arrive. We are adding additional plates to provide a larger footprint to improve impact force distribution. The fitment of these Autopower race rollbars is absolutely perfect. I can also slide the seats all the way back without interference, so the fixed race seat should fit without any clearance issues. Here’s a few pics: 19AC281B-A7EF-4F5B-B018-D4B4135D2BCB.jpeg 7971556B-1868-4FE4-B3CC-2F055A232F1B.jpeg 53BC3262-C2DF-4FEB-9F4F-17DD9CCDCF16.jpeg 7B4C5497-C1EB-4BBF-8F50-51DBA1E5D4F7.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5