Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,343
What model of wheel is that? I've tried looking on Fifteen52's site for that exact design and can't find it.
It’s a Tarmac with a custom Turbofan mounted. The Turbofans are no longer available and didn’t come from Fifteen52.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Have you used the AR1? I keep going back and forth between them and another set of 660.
No, but if Phils' Tire Service ever has the new Team Dynamics Pro Race LT wheels (or their KE Motorsport Pros) available in a 17x8 (they only have the 15x8s right now), those are the tires going on them. [wink]

Yup, even for the street, and even if I must then sell all of my other wheels to get them! [thumb]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,345
No, but if Phils' Tire Service ever has the new Team Dynamics Pro Race LT wheels (or their KE Motorsport Pros) available in a 17x8 (they only have the 15x8s right now), those are the tires going on them. [wink]

Yup, even for the street, and even if I must then sell all of my other wheels to get them! [thumb]
He said he will likely have those wheels in April. I’m on the list as well.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,346
We’re installing hood vents, Verus diffuser and modified rear wing hatch brace next week. Hopefully I’ll have the suspension stuff soon too. The DNA rear bushings are here but I’m still waiting on new springs from Swift and I need to order LCAs. I probably won’t add more power until I dial in the new stuff but it’s all here and ready to go too. This should be a nice little weapon when it’s done. I worry about pushing the motor over 350hp without swapping to a build short block though. Might be worth waiting until I have the funds for a proper short lock to run 400whp reliably.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
We’re installing hood vents, Verus diffuser and modified rear wing hatch brace next week. Hopefully I’ll have the suspension stuff soon too. The DNA rear bushings are here but I’m still waiting on new springs from Swift and I need to order LCAs. I probably won’t add more power until I dial in the new stuff but it’s all here and ready to go too. This should be a nice little weapon when it’s done. I worry about pushing the motor over 350hp without swapping to a build short block though. Might be worth waiting until I have the funds for a proper short lock to run 400whp reliably.
You had the MGC wing correct? Were you having problems with the rear hatch brace? I'm about to install mine soon.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,348
You had the MGC wing correct? Were you having problems with the rear hatch brace? I'm about to install mine soon.
I do. And yes, after installing the larger NineLives wing it began flexing too much over 110mph. I’m making a bracket to connect it to the hatch on the bottom side of the factory wing to stabilize it. I’ll post pics when it’s built.

the duke

I do. And yes, after installing the larger NineLives wing it began flexing too much over 110mph. I’m making a bracket to connect it to the hatch on the bottom side of the factory wing to stabilize it. I’ll post pics when it’s built.
You're experiencing wing flex or flexing of the mount, though I'm guessing its the mounting surface.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,350
You're experiencing wing flex or flexing of the mount, though I'm guessing its the mounting surface.
It’s the mount. It’s only attached at the base of the hatch on each side of the license plate and on each side of the plastic section next to the Ford emblem. It should also be attached to the top under the wing but for some reason Matt decided not to do that. The mount twists.

the duke

It’s the mount. It’s only attached at the base of the hatch on each side of the license plate and on each side of the plastic section next to the Ford emblem. It should also be attached to the top under the wing but for some reason Matt decided not to do that. The mount twists.
You might have to chassis mount it.

the duke

I’d hate to lose the hatch. Hopefully my plan works and it doesn’t move after this brace is on.
Its a long cantilever beam, but mount it to a trailer hitch and have it slide in with L-brackets and bolt it. Use the existing hatch mount as a stability outrigger so it won't sway.

Taz

If I remember right, anything between 350 and 400bhp will likely need upgraded pistons. Who are you having it done by? When I eventually have my 330-350bhp done it'll be by Revo. It's their Stage 4 and includes a big turbo.

Also, what style are your hood vents going to be?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I had plans to add additional brackets to mine up top as well, maybe it isn't possible. Looking forward to what you come up with.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,357
Its a long cantilever beam, but mount it to a trailer hitch and have it slide in with L-brackets and bolt it. Use the existing hatch mount as a stability outrigger so it won't sway.
I think it’ll be fine with what we have planned. Definitely won’t be running a hitch again since I’m installing a diffuser. No matter how it’s mounted, it still needs is stability up top to prevent pulling and twisting so I’m gonna start there.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,358
If I remember right, anything between 350 and 400bhp will likely need upgraded pistons. Who are you having it done by? When I eventually have my 330-350bhp done it'll be by Revo. It's their Stage 4 and includes a big turbo.

Also, what style are your hood vents going to be?
The engine? Still not sure. I’m looking at Tune+, Mountune and Pumaspeed. I’m unaware of anyone else and open to suggestions. A sleeved shortblock is what I need. My car spends most of the time at full boost in 3-5 gear so the block has to be sleeved to run 400whp like I want.

My hood vents are from Airtec. They are pretty big and sit in the “best location” according to the internet. However, after I bought them Race Louvers came out with CFD vents for our car. They’re probably the ugliest ones I’ve seen but those guys know what they’re doing so I’d consider them over what I bought. Race Louvers and AJ Hartman aero teamed up recently. Google them if you’re not familiar. Cool stuff. Wish I could commission them for consultation and wind tunnel tests so we could get REAL factual data for this platform. Should I start a Gofundme? 😂

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Even at, or near 350, you will embarrass many many higher zoot machines out there on track (even more so than you do currently!), once all of the aero and suspension is totally dialed-in! [thumb] [raceflag]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,360
Even at, or near 350, you will embarrass many many higher zoot machines out there on track (even more so than you do currently!), once all of the aero and suspension is totally dialed-in! [thumb] [raceflag]
I’m excited to see what it can do with aero tweaks and moderate suspension changes. It’s a really quick car now but yeah a bit more power along with reduction in drag and more grip should result in more confusion for everyone else. I still love the car after almost 7 years. It’s been incredibly reliable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5