Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

the duke

I was always a KEYS racing wheel fan myself being a 90s kid.

With that said, I wouldn't pass up a MOMO wheel.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #744
Nice! [thumb] [cool]

I prefer the all suede/alcantara covered Sparco mod 383, Personal Grinta, or Momo Monte Carlo. [wink] [driving]
No way I’d wear gloves every time I drive the car. I dig both of those wheels too. This was “in stock” and fitment is perfect. I’m a happy boy. It’s kinda nice that most of these wheels are under $500. I foresee trying multiple different brands down the road. All will be smooth though 😉 The wheels I really wanted were the OMP Rally or Sparco R215 but the dish is way too deep for this car.

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #745
I was always a KEYS racing wheel fan myself being a 90s kid.

With that said, I wouldn't pass up a MOMO wheel.
Man I don’t even know who Keys is. I’ll Google.

Edit: Cool but a little to Orange County Chopper for me.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No way I’d wear gloves every time I drive the car. I dig both of those wheels too. This was “in stock” and fitment is perfect. I’m a happy boy. It’s kinda nice that most of these wheels are under $500. I foresee trying multiple different brands down the road. All will be smooth though 😉 The wheels I really wanted were the OMP Rally or Sparco R215 but the dish is way too deep for this car.
HA! When I had a 383 in the 4th gen LS1 Z28 I used to wear Sparco suede gloves all of the time (either their suede palmed mechanic's glove, or their racing Profi glove), until my kids told me it looked way too dorky, especially in the summer with short sleeves.
Not so much in the cold/winter since many wear gloves in those conditions anyway.

So then I just kept a brass brush in the console, and brushed up the nap of the suede once it got matted down by my bare hands. [wink]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #747
The Dizzy Ethanol Gauge given to me by Whooshmotorsports has been one of my favorite additions. After testing it for months running E30, I’ve come to rely on it as much as I rely on my OEM gauges. I use the Tune+ calculator, Tune+ ethanol testing kit, Cobb AP fuel percentage reading and the Dizzy gauge to make sure the mixture is E30. With the gauge, I’ve determined that I rarely need to retest local gas stations’ ethanol contents. They’ve proven to be consistent. Admittedly I’m a bit OCD and a gauge like this is simply satisfying and one more tool to keep conditions optimal for power. I wouldn’t run an E30 tune without it. That’s just me...

CE47D646-035F-4344-AAC9-45C903217E0B.jpeg

Erick_V

The Dizzy Ethanol Gauge given to me by Whooshmotorsports has been one of my favorite additions. Admittedly I’m a bit OCD and a gauge like this is simply satisfying and one more tool to keep conditions optimal for power.
I'm the same way, something about knowing the EXACT ethanol percentage makes me feel so much better lol. My local station regularly tests at 80% but on the other side of town the ethanol is weaker (around 60%) which can drop me 5-7% on a fill up assuming I use the same ratio. Easily one of my favorite mods. Plus it fills up that otherwise useless cubby.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #750
Can't make changes if you can't monitor the value!

I'd be keen to see your car with tire temp sensors next!!!
Funny you say that. I’ve been looking for some kind of internal Bluetooth sensor with an iPhone app. Do you know of one? I doubt the valve cap things will work well.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
https://professionalawesome.com/professional-awesome-racing-cirt/

I haven't done much research into them as the cost / benefit ratio is there for me, but that being said, these are the ones I've seen on Gears and Gasoline's Ben's Honda Civic and the technology blew me away - so fuckin' cool. If you track your car hard, they could dramatically reduce tire wear and therefore consumables and potentially pay for themselves after a length of time. Retrofitting them to any car would be possible I imagine.

The key of course, as you noted, is integration in to your existing electronics - Ben has a full AEM dash and thus, one extra variable was easy enough to program in (by the looks of it). I don't know of the 'tablet' or phone support that the Professional Awesome kit would have but I imagine it's on their radar with OEM electronics becoming more capable to adapt to full race conditions (ie AccessPort tuning and data loggging).

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #752
One winter project is coming along. The handmade mount for the controls is roughed in. Just need to clean it up and find coiled wire to wrap around the hub. Not being able to keep the clock spring kinda sucks. It definitely makes for a lot more work.

A733FB8E-FF85-4B28-9B21-725B74DD6F7E.jpeg

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #754
In my 510 days it was all about Momo . In the drift 240sx time it was all about Nardi’s
I’ve always been a Momo guy. I have a 350mm Mod 88 as well I plan to use for track. Ridiculous I know.. I would rather decorate my closet with steering wheels instead of watches. They are so inexpensive it’s easy to get carried away. Checkout this custom Momo:
4B773ED5-6852-403E-A71C-90E20D6360F8.jpeg 32125F12-28F1-4768-A4CC-BEFF919AC449.jpeg

TemecFist

Glad you love the LSD! It’s a necessity for what we do.

With Falkens (RT615K+ and RT660) I start cold at 26/27psi all around and usually end up around 30/31 hot, but adjust it throughout the day depending on the track. These tires have a little arrow on the edge to help identify how far the tires rolling over. I also use a pyrometer to make sure temps are even across the tires. I have no idea if any of these methods are correct but it seems to work well for me. I could never figure out how much pressure Federals like. They sucked no matter what.
I agree about those Federals 100%!!! Lol.
What are you using for "daily" tire pressures on the RT660's? I just got a set of these and trying to figure then out. So far, I've set them at 30psi f/r, cold, for daily/spirited driving. It seems so far that this is a good compromise pressure. Thoughts?

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #757
I agree about those Federals 100%!!! Lol.
What are you using for "daily" tire pressures on the RT660's? I just got a set of these and trying to figure then out. So far, I've set them at 30psi f/r, cold, for daily/spirited driving. It seems so far that this is a good compromise pressure. Thoughts?
I hang the RT660s on the wall between events. I typically use RT615K+ or Federal 595RSR on the street and set them all at 30psi like you. Seems to be the best. I was afraid the RT660 wouldn’t last long on the street.

TemecFist

I hang the RT660s on the wall between events. I typically use RT615K+ or Federal 595RSR on the street and set them all at 30psi like you. Seems to be the best. I was afraid the RT660 wouldn’t last long on the street.
If I can get 5k miles out of them, I'll be happy. Lol

TemecFist

For as much as they will be on the car in the summer, I will be happy if the A052s last for 4K miles on the street. [wink] [:)]
How are you liking those things? That was my other choice, but I heard they wear worse than RT660's and RE-71r's. I'm going to try them next on my spare set of wheels I think.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5