Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
For those with a 2554, is it necessary to run an upgraded downpipe?
Are you lookin into getting a turbo? If so, I would go hybrid dude, especially for the best bang for the buck. I talked to a couple guys that had the 2554 before I bought and the spool sucks. Look around:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I found a local deal on a 2554 that's WAY cheaper than Cyborg, which is why I'm asking.
Downpipe I would recommend to anyone going BT, you will enjoy the power. I have seen some guys make some
Good numbers on pump, can't recall on e30 tho.

You will enjoy the extra power, chime back once it's all buttoned up, if you don't mind, who's tuning ya?

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Downpipe I would recommend to anyone going BT, you will enjoy the power. I have seen some guys make some
Good numbers on pump, can't recall on e30 tho.

You will enjoy the extra power, chime back once it's all buttoned up, if you don't mind, who's tuning ya?

Going with Adam for the tune. Installing everything on the 10th.

jesus just 24ps and 25? Im running 28-29 lol
Boost isn't everything, plus I don't run these cars lean like a lot of other do. Both of these cars are close to maxing out on E30. Would it be ok a little leaner, yes, but is it the right way, no.

He only shared the pictures because he emailed me saying that people were stating I was "bias-tuning". I actually like the C39. Don't know how much power it makes as nobody has hit a real dyno but it holds boost and it spools decent. Those graphs above are from the cars that were in the video racing each other. Could be driver, could be turbo, could be anything but the tunes are near identical.

*This post is not a sign of things to come, I won't have much time to keep an eye on this thread and respond. Everyone knows how to get ahold of me if they have questions!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Boost isn't everything, plus I don't run these cars lean like a lot of other do. Both of these cars are close to maxing out on E30. Would it be ok a little leaner, yes, but is it the right way, no.

He only shared the pictures because he emailed me saying that people were stating I was "bias-tuning". I actually like the C39. Don't know how much power it makes as nobody has hit a real dyno but it holds boost and it spools decent. Those graphs above are from the cars that were in the video racing each other. Could be driver, could be turbo, could be anything but the tunes are near identical.

*This post is not a sign of things to come, I won't have much time to keep an eye on this thread and respond. Everyone knows how to get ahold of me if they have questions!
This is strange an im hitting 27-28 and holding that to redline on my cyborg....timing is 12-14 degrees and from what ive logged the car seems happy. E30 on 93. that being said the C39 can probably push out more with a considerable safety margin as the compressor wheel is larger. More cfm

This is strange an im hitting 27-28 and holding that to redline on my cyborg....timing is 12-14 degrees and from what ive logged the car seems happy. E30 on 93. that being said the C39 can probably push out more with a considerable safety margin as the compressor wheel is larger. More cfm
Just because it has a bigger compressor wheel doesn't make it better. I have stated this a thousand times on this forum, you can read through my previous post. You need to match a compressor wheel to the turbine wheel. You can't just willy-nilly it and think a large compressor wheel with a mis-matched turbine wheel is going to be the bee's knees. The X-37 is a performer even with a smaller compressor wheel, as it is more properly matched. So far the X-37 has posted videos taking down larger turbos on multiple occasions. The C39 is a great alternative if you don't want to wait around for Pumaspeed or deal with them at all, not going to deny that for one minute!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Just because it has a bigger compressor wheel doesn't make it better. I have stated this a thousand times on this forum, you can read through my previous post. You need to match a compressor wheel to the turbine wheel. You can't just willy-nilly it and think a large compressor wheel with a mis-matched turbine wheel is going to be the bee's knees. The X-37 is a performer even with a smaller compressor wheel, as it is more properly matched. So far the X-37 has posted videos taking down larger turbos on multiple occasions. The C39 is a great alternative if you don't want to wait around for Pumaspeed or deal with them at all, not going to deny that for one minute!
Care to share what you think of the 2554R in this regard?

Going with Adam for the tune. Installing everything on the 10th.

Look forward to working with you on the setup, just drop me an email when ready. As long as you know how to follow pretty simple instructions, and ask what is requested you are going to have a great time just like the other hundreds of TUNE+ Fiesta customers [driving]. If you have a hard time understanding the simplest of request you might have a bad time, but I get the feeling you have a good head on your shouders [unsurelaugh] haha.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
You are correct. You cant, but the fact is that 25 psi is way under where that turbo could be.

You are correct. You cant, but the fact is that 25 psi is way under where that turbo could be.
Show me a compressor map for the wheel being used in conjunction with the turbine wheel it is paired with, and show me where 28psi is showing more power than say 25psi.

* Will be awhile before I can read and reply again!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Look forward to working with you on the setup, just drop me an email when ready. As long as you know how to follow pretty simple instructions, and ask what is requested you are going to have a great time just like the other hundreds of TUNE+ Fiesta customers [driving]. If you have a hard time understanding the simplest of request you might have a bad time, but I get the feeling you have a good head on your shouders [unsurelaugh] haha.
Yep I've been through a few tune revisions so it should be a piece of cake.

The GT2554R is a decent turbo, it isn't the best for spool especially in a ATP configuration. However you will feel a large gain in power and it will be very smooth.
I'm hopeful the full intake, recirculating blow off valve and catless downpipe will help with that. Excited to go through the process.