Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
From my gathering:

Original Cyborg - 240 to 260 whp depending on tune/fuel

Pumaspeed X37 - 275 to 300+ whp depending on tune/fuel

Cyborg39 - TBD

Pumaspeed X47 - TBD

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
X-37 / ATP 2554 & 60 / Cyborg & C39 Turbo Comparison Thread

From my gathering:

Cyborg39 - no real defined results yet
[emoji457][emoji457]zing

All I would like to add is, those numbers are on ethanol ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
From my gathering:

Cyborg39 - TBD

Pumaspeed X47 - TBD
Those numbers are fudged a little :)

I've never seen a cyborg over 250 that wasn't sourskittle

And I've never seen a x37 over 300. I don't count the car from South Africa

x37 along with a mountune ic> for those like me that do not have access to good gas...220hp....same deal on e30 255hp. funny that it is easier to get e30 than 93 locally. ....not complaining just informing. boyracer

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
x37 along with a mountune ic> for those like me that do not have access to good gas...220hp....same deal on e30 255hp. funny that it is easier to get e30 than 93 locally. ....not complaining just informing. boyracer
That intercooler is holding you back man. Get a better one and you'll see +25 hp

DHM1

1000 Post Club
From my gathering:

Cyborg39 - TBD

Pumaspeed X47 - TBD

From my gathering:

Pumaspeed X37 - 255 to 295whp depending on tune/fuel (never been chassis dynoed higher)

Cyborg39 - 255 to 270whp depending on tune/fuel. (Stock airbox and stock exhaust e30 only)

Thanks fellas. I think this info should be loaded up and highlighted in the first page of this thread.

Reading 2-3 pages is ok....spending your lunch break on the shitter reading this. Not so much.

Thanks fellas. I think this info should be loaded up and highlighted in the first page of this thread.

Reading 2-3 pages is ok....spending your lunch break on the shitter reading this. Not so much.

Now you have a hemi...

Rhinopolis

I recently purchased a 2cd hand 2JR cowl intake and went for a "real" ride last night with outside ambient temps hovering in the mid 50's.

I know that hitting more boost doesn't necessarily mean that you are making more power, and prior to last night I had never boosted higher than 26.68 on my X37. Often, I would never hit as high as that.

1st off the 2JR is everything that everyone had said it would be regarding noise etc., and I like it...lol. 2cd, I was consistently hitting high 27's last night and my peak was 28.19...lol.

I am going to do a few logs this weekend and compare those to my best previous Virtual Dyno. I am also going to send my logs to Adam for review and any potentially necessary update.

Long story short, would the 2JR have anything to do with my car boosting higher than when I had the Cobb on there before?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I recently purchased a 2cd hand 2JR cowl intake and went for a "real" ride last night with outside ambient temps hovering in the mid 50's.

I know that hitting more boost doesn't necessarily mean that you are making more power, and prior to last night I had never boosted higher than 26.68 on my X37. Often, I would never hit as high as that.

1st off the 2JR is everything that everyone had said it would be regarding noise etc., and I like it...lol. 2cd, I was consistently hitting high 27's last night and my peak was 28.19...lol.

I am going to do a few logs this weekend and compare those to my best previous Virtual Dyno. I am also going to send my logs to Adam for review and any potentially necessary update.

Long story short, would the 2JR have anything to do with my car boosting higher than when I had the Cobb on there before?
Def have your tuner check your logs. I had a friend that went from a stock air intake to a 2J intake and because the restriction reduction was so great, his car actually ended up breaking a piston. He saw another 2psi as well. It's a pretty real indicator of the air intakes being a restriction. When your using a 450hp turbo to make 350whp, it's not the end of the word. But when your using a 290whp turbo to try and make 291whp, the little things do add up. No one ever matches my numbers on the OG cyborg because they never ran the same setup as I did with a tuner that didn't have a vested interest in something else.

Siestarider

Def have your tuner check your logs. I had a friend that went from a stock air intake to a 2J intake and because the restriction reduction was so great, his car actually ended up breaking a piston. He saw another 2psi as well. It's a pretty real indicator of the air intakes being a restriction. When your using a 450hp turbo to make 350whp, it's not the end of the word. But when your using a 290whp turbo to try and make 291whp, the little things do add up. No one ever matches my numbers on the OG cyborg because they never ran the same setup as I did with a tuner that didn't have a vested interest in something else.
Based on my experiments with intakes, I believe the 2J is about reducing intake restriction and about pressurizing the intake system. Location at base of windshield is a high pressure location.

Stock intake horn is also in a high pressure location. Comparing stock to 2J it would all be about intake restriction. Compared to using a Mountune air box with lower hose connected to a fog light opening gives two high pressure locations for intake, which my Vdyno logs suggest adds a few hp at the big end by increasing "apparent" boost.

I believe seeing higher boost with 2J (and my Mountune variant) is about intake pressure being positive at the compressor.

Agree with SS, if you are going to edge of tuning, this has to be accounted for by the tune.

Rhinopolis

Thanks, guys! I was planning on sending logs to Adam this weekend, and I will check with him 1st to see if he wants to offer a different tune file and before we start tuning with the 2JR.

Based on my experiments with intakes, I believe the 2J is about reducing intake restriction and about pressurizing the intake system. Location at base of windshield is a high pressure location.

Stock intake horn is also in a high pressure location. Comparing stock to 2J it would all be about intake restriction. Compared to using a Mountune air box with lower hose connected to a fog light opening gives two high pressure locations for intake, which my Vdyno logs suggest adds a few hp at the big end by increasing "apparent" boost.

I believe seeing higher boost with 2J (and my Mountune variant) is about intake pressure being positive at the compressor.

Agree with SS, if you are going to edge of tuning, this has to be accounted for by the tune.