Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

You asked for it! Bronze 16x7 RPF1 Group Buy!

Trader history for OAKOS Automotive (0)

Nick - any update? has the factory order been placed yet for the bronze wheels? I know you said it would be near year-end to delivery but it would be nice to keep those (like me) who paid the deposit aware of progress every few weeks.

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #22
Nick - any update? has the factory order been placed yet for the bronze wheels? I know you said it would be near year-end to delivery but it would be nice to keep those (like me) who paid the deposit aware of progress every few weeks.
The wheel order has been placed for both the Silver and Bronze. Both of those wheels are still scheduled to arrive in December. I apologize for the lack of updates! We will do our best to keep everyone in the loop, but there are periods where we are not updated for a few weeks at a time. Updates may be sporadic until we get closer to our ship date. If there are any issues or delays, those with deposits will definitely be notified as soon as possible, however we extremely rarely have issues with Enkei. Any and all updates I receive about the order will be posted here.

As always, if anyone would like an update or have any questions about their order, the wheels, or any other question you may have, feel free to send me a PM, or give me a call directly at 586-803-1750, and I will be the one to answer the phone!

-Nick
Oakos Automotive

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #23
Friday Bump! No real updates as of yet! Everything is still on track for December. We are getting decent interest on the last 3 spots, so if you were planning on getting these wheels, now is definitely the time!

-Nick
Oakos Automotive

OH GOD...

but I want 8 wide in bronze. when that happens I promise I will fork over my credit card.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You and a billion others........ one day maybe.

I won't hold my breath, as for some reason, these wheel manufacturers all (except for the few Rota Grids and Slipstreams that were made) have a steadfast HATRED of, and refusal to produce, 16x8 wheels in our PCD/offsets. [mad]

Enkei makes 16x8 +38 rpf1 part #3796804938SP. 4x100 and 5x114.3

They make a 15x8 too, which I personally would prefer for the street but it's +28.

I don't think anybody in this thread wants to do a hub conversion. My point was that there may be potential for Oakos to work their magic and get the 16x8 in a 4x108 like they have with the 16x7 since Enkei already makes that size/offset wheel.
Something like a 15x8 rpf-1 group buy will almost assuredly never happen for us because Enkei would need to change the offset and not just the PCD. If they ever managed it though I'll buy a second set in 15x8 (or 15x9 for that matter since we're dreaming)

Believe me I thought about doing the hub conversion but I'm too invested in 4x108 wheels already. :/

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't think anybody in this thread wants to do a hub conversion. My point was that there may be potential for Oakos to work their magic and get the 16x8 in a 4x108 like they have with the 16x7 since Enkei already makes that size/offset wheel.
Something like a 15x8 rpf-1 group buy will almost assuredly never happen for us because Enkei would need to change the offset and not just the PCD. If they ever managed it though I'll buy a second set in 15x8 (or 15x9 for that matter since we're dreaming)
OK, I did not know the above was what you were implying [thumb] (I STILL would not count on it, they ALL seem VERY reluctant to produce this size for us. [mad]).

You and a billion others........ one day maybe.
MAYBE... ill just get 17x8. those rota recces look cool.

or... ill just have to buy a custom set of rims?

not sure. I live in NYC, I prefer an affordable set of 16x8 so I can afford to replace them every few months. basically I would buy 10 wheels.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^You could always do the 15x8 1.2 thing with a wide/'cushy' 205/50 on it to survive the bombed-out roads there, but I realize that some actually do not like the 'B Spec' look of 15s on these cars (contrary to popular belief/opinion on here ;) ).

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I keep holding off on doing 4x100 conversion in hopes of some 8s but think gonna start saving up drill bits lol.

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #37
So how about those 8 inch wheels...
I keep holding off on doing 4x100 conversion in hopes of some 8s but think gonna start saving up drill bits lol.
We really do understand and appreciate the interest you guys have in the 16x8, we're interested too! That being said, we are unable to confirm fitment on that wheel with Enkei for these cars, and as such they were hesitant to do the custom run. If we did order anyways and had fitment issues, that would put us in a very awkward spot, being stuck with 10 sets of wheels that are potentially unusable. The wheels have to be made off of another existing wheel, in this case it would be the 16x8 with 38 offset. We are unable to offer any different offset.

We have seen plenty of people mention redrilling to 4x100, and even custom hubs, and have yet to see a confirmed fitment of the 16x8. If anyone has done it, we would be more than interested in talking to them! This is honestly probably one of the biggest requests we have gotten over the last year, and we are listening! If anyone has any concrete information, please feel free to share it with us! If not, we will try and do a little more research into them, and we will bring this back to the table at the conclusion of these 2 group buys. We have already placed our last wheel orders for the year with the Silver and Bronze 16x7, so if we were to explore the 16x8 option, we would not be able to organize anything until spring.

-Nick
Oakos Automotive

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Do you handle any other wheel lines (Rays/Works/etc.) which might be more willing to produce some 16x8, 4x108 wheels for us?!?

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #39
^^^Do you handle any other wheel lines (Rays/Works/etc.) which might be more willing to produce some 16x8, 4x108 wheels for us?!?
While we have access to many wheel suppliers, we deal with Enkei directly. I doubt I have enough 'pull' with the other manufacturers to get something like that going. If we could convince anyone to make these wheels, it'd be Enkei. Team Dynamics may also be willing after they have finished their big move from the west coast to the east coast, though they wouldn't be able to offer anything similar to the RPF1 in terms of strength or weight, and they would likely be pretty close to what the RPF1's cost.

I'm sort of baffled at the lack of 16x8 offerings, from any manufacturer, although 4x108 is an odd ball lug pattern. I'm not completely up to speed with the Fiesta's current wheel offerings, is there anyone offering a 16x8? Nothing 'desirable' came up in my limited searching, other than some Rotas.

-Nick
Oakos Automotive

Zissou

We really do understand and appreciate the interest you guys have in the 16x8, we're interested too! That being said, we are unable to confirm fitment on that wheel with Enkei for these cars, and as such they were hesitant to do the custom run. If we did order anyways and had fitment issues, that would put us in a very awkward spot, being stuck with 10 sets of wheels that are potentially unusable. The wheels have to be made off of another existing wheel, in this case it would be the 16x8 with 38 offset. We are unable to offer any different offset.

We have seen plenty of people mention redrilling to 4x100, and even custom hubs, and have yet to see a confirmed fitment of the 16x8. If anyone has done it, we would be more than interested in talking to them! This is honestly probably one of the biggest requests we have gotten over the last year, and we are listening! If anyone has any concrete information, please feel free to share it with us! If not, we will try and do a little more research into them, and we will bring this back to the table at the conclusion of these 2 group buys. We have already placed our last wheel orders for the year with the Silver and Bronze 16x7, so if we were to explore the 16x8 option, we would not be able to organize anything until spring.

-Nick
Oakos Automotive
Would a +38 offset in a 16x8 not work? The Team Dynamics 15x8's are a +35 so I would think that would be fine, right?