Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Maintenance, Airbag, and Stability lights come on...But wait, if you read now, I'll throw in doors unlocking and 911 assist turning off.

So yeah. 2015 with just under 22k on the clock. Today my vehicle started to randomly display the 3 lights while simultaneously unlocking the doors and disabling 911 assist. Shortly after, the 911 assist comes back on. Followed usually by the doors locking again and then the airbag and stability lights usually go off. The wrench always stays on until I turn the vehicle off and back on.

Is my blinker fluid too low?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
So yeah. 2015 with just under 22k on the clock. Today my vehicle started to randomly display the 3 lights while simultaneously unlocking the doors and disabling 911 assist. Shortly after, the 911 assist comes back on. Followed usually by the doors locking again and then the airbag and stability lights usually go off. The wrench always stays on until I turn the vehicle off and back on.

Is my blinker fluid too low?
Anything in the infotainment? Hit the ! beside the home key.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
We can imagine what the airbag and 911 assist have in common but where does the stability control light come in? Perhaps that takes over in the event of a wreck in order to disable or attenuate throttle control? (during a crash the driver's foot is often forced into the pedal it's resting on)

I suspect that the power-on self test for the crash protection system is finding fault and is disabling all dependent systems as a result.

Does anyone know whether a standard code reader will be able to retrieve the necessary log info? I suspect not.

The dealer should be able to tap the module that is responsible for handling these functions and get some log info.

Ask for a print-out and if they claim that they can't print, get a couple of good legible shots of the screens with a cell phone.

Post the diagnostic/estimate/invoice too. Sounds interesting.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
I'm hoping to get in this week. Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping that whatever the issue is, it's covered by the warranty. I just bought this car from a dealer in Florida so I'm hoping it's just a coincidence and that they didn't hide something serious from me.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
3 year or 36k is the base manufacturer warranty they're sold with, I think. Sometimes buyers will opt to purchase extra warranty so you may have even longer.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Just to update, it turns out the previous owner was in a wreck. It was apparently bad enough to need to do something with the RCM. I removed the center console to get to it and saw that the two nuts holding it down were about 1/4-1/2" away from even touching it, letting it move around freely. I tightened it down and buttoned everything back up. Everything is fixed. The loose RCM was the source of all of the errors.