Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Maintenance/Service Intervals for the Fiesta ST

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The reason I'm making this thread is because it would be helpful to have all the maintenance intervals all in one place, especially for those who don't have access to a shop manual (like me!). I will update this post as I receive new information. If people want to give a interval other than what Ford recommends, please state why so others can understand the reason for the change and I'll put the suggested interval in with the Ford interval. I'll try to organize them from most frequent (lowest miles between interval) to least frequent. Also feel free to add other things to this list, because I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff.

All intervals are in miles

Oil
Not full synthetic ..................................3000 miles or at least once a year
Full synthetic........................................5000 miles or at least once a year
Oil filter................................................Every time you change oil

Tire Rotation.......................................5000

Air Filter.............................................30k or once a year

Cabin air filter....................................20-25k or once a year

Transmission fluid.............................150k per Ford, recommended to change every 50k

Brake Fluid Flush.............................Every two years

O2 sensors.......................................75k miles ?

Spark Plugs......................................100k per Ford, changing them sooner is recommended especially for tuned vehicles

Coolant Flush..................................100k, then 150k and every 50k after that. OR First flush at 6 years then every 3 years after that.

Clutch Fluid flush..............................every 2 years

Coolant Hoses.................................75k

Serpentine belt.................................150k

Battery..............................................Every 4 years

Timing belt.........................................150k miles

*****I'm not going to put tires, clutch, or brake pads on here because the way you drive dictates how often you'll need to replace them.
I know that all this stuff can be found in various other places, but for me it's helpful to have it all together. I was going to type this all out anyway so I figured I might as well put it where others can see it as well.

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Also keep in mind intervals are different for use cases. I change my oil every 1k or less, but that's after 2-3 track days. I do plugs a couple times a season too because why not. Trans fluid once a year. Brake fluid once a year or more.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
You do realize you don't need a shop manual to look up the maintenance intervals, don't you? It's in the owners manual (in that fancy vinyl folder in your glovebox that you never opened) and also in the Fordpass App you can install on your phone.

The factory specified oil change interval is 10,000 miles, or when the dash indicator says to. Many people will change oil sooner. Nowadays 3,000 miles is probably too soon since we are supposed to use synthetic blend oil. 5,000 miles lets you coincide with tire rotation but supposedly isn't necessary. It used to be said oil is cheap, but it's not that cheap any more.
Tire rotation is also specified at 10,000 miles, but tire manufacturers usually specify 5,000 miles, which is better.
There are a bunch of inspections scheduled every 10,000 miles.

The cabin air filter is to be changed every 20,000 miles.
Engine air filter every 30,000 miles.
Spark plugs 100,000 miles.
Engine coolant 100,000 miles.
Accessory Drive Belts 150,000 miles.
Manual Transmission Fluid 150,000 miles.
Timing Belt 150,000 miles.
Engine Coolant again at 150,000 miles and every 50,000 miles thereafter. Why you don't change it the first time at 50,000 miles isn't clear.

Obviously anything that fails inspection at the 10,000 mile intervals is replaced then or greased then if there is a grease fitting (there aren't any grease fittings originally).

Edited to correct oil specification.

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The service intervals are quite long, for example 150,000 miles for transmission fluid. I don't put that many miles on a car, in 10 years I might only have 40,000 miles on it, so I plan to do most things sooner. Better to over-maintain within reason. I plan to do-

- Oil/filter every year (same as factory recommendation for low mileage car)
- Air filter every year, since I have the Mountune MP 215 tune but I'm using factory air filters instead of their high flow oiled air filter
(factory rec is every 30,000 miles)
- Brake fluid flush every 2 years (no factory rec)
- Coolant flush every 3 years (factory rec is 6 yr/100,000 for first flush, then 3yr/ 50,000)
- Clutch fluid flush every 4 years (no factory rec, I'm pretty sure this is separate from a brake fluid flush, correct me if I'm wrong)
- Battery every 4 years, to be on the safe side. All sorts of weird things can start to happen to this car when the battery gets low
- Cabin filter- every 20,000 (same as factory rec)
- Trans fluid every 50,000 (factory rec is 150,000 as stated above)
- Spark plugs every 60,000 (factory rec is 100,000)
- Belts and hoses at 75,000 (factory rec is 150,000 for belts, no factory rec for hoses)

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
We are not "supposed " to use Synthetic

Only Fords that require it are newer Shelby cars. False info
You're right. Synthetic Blend is what is specified. You can use full synthetic if you want. But don't have to. Last time I changed oil (about a month ago) the full synthetic was the same price as synthetic blend.

I'm flushing brakes and clutch every 2 years. But may actually do the clutch & reservior annually. There's a pattern of slave cyl. failures and who wants to pull the tranny just to replace it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
This thread shows the lost cause of Forum generated maintenance schedules. Everyone has an opinion, LOL! I'll follow the maker not fads. My FiST is not the same as yours, my location is not the same as yours and how I drive is not the same. Plus we know of Ford haters that will do the opposite of what Ford recommends. So when it comes to pet fluids and maintenance intervals to me it is like that city in Texas......El Paso! Ford gave me a manual and I tend to believe everyone got one if you bought a new car. Even though it seems many have reading comprehension issues or have never opened their glove compartment. All this is is a popularity poll.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
This thread shows the lost cause of Forum generated maintenance schedules. Everyone has an opinion, LOL! I'll follow the maker not fads. My FiST is not the same as yours, my location is not the same as yours and how I drive is not the same. Plus we know of Ford haters that will do the opposite of what Ford recommends. So when it comes to pet fluids and maintenance intervals to me it is like that city in Texas......El Paso! Ford gave me a manual and I tend to believe everyone got one if you bought a new car. Even though it seems many have reading comprehension issues or have never opened their glove compartment. All this is is a popularity poll.
I just looked through the ST manual and didn't see anything resembling a maintenance schedule. Where in the glove box are y'all finding this?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
This thread reminded me that I found this European maintenance schedule for our cars online a few years back. Some of the intervals are sooner than in the American schedule that I referenced above, and there are also some time periods of years, it doesn't just specify mileage.

Attachments