Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Maintenance list help

So I have a 2015 with 82k miles on it. Car runs and drives great, albeit there's a couple small noises. Anyway I am wondering what are the maintenance items I NEED to do if I plan to keep this car long term? It will be my daily. Things I have already done: Oil change, transmission/ diff fluid change, brakes, new struts front and rear. Besides those, I have no history on the maintenance of this car. What would yall take care of to make sure this car will last a long time? Thanks!

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Do you have the factory owners manual in the glovebox? The schedule is in there. It's also on the FordPass app you can put on your phone after you register your account with ford.com and enter your vehicle by VIN. You've done most of the maintenance items, but engine air filter is on the schedule at 60,000 and 90,000 miles. Cabin air filter is at 80,000 then 100,000. Spark plugs and engine coolant are at 100,000.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
You said you did brakes, do you mean that you flushed the fluid, or put new pads on? If you haven't flushed the fluid I would do that, and also flush the clutch fluid. I would also recommend replacing the coolant, that's recommended every 3 years in the maintenance schedule.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
You said you did brakes, do you mean that you flushed the fluid, or put new pads on? If you haven't flushed the fluid I would do that, and also flush the clutch fluid. I would also recommend replacing the coolant, that's recommended every 3 years in the maintenance schedule.
I did pads and rotors. Ill definitely go ahead and flush the fluid! Do you when the timing chain service is recommended?

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
Do you have the factory owners manual in the glovebox? The schedule is in there. It's also on the FordPass app you can put on your phone after you register your account with ford.com and enter your vehicle by VIN. You've done most of the maintenance items, but engine air filter is on the schedule at 60,000 and 90,000 miles. Cabin air filter is at 80,000 then 100,000. Spark plugs and engine coolant are at 100,000.
Sadly the car didn't come with an owners manual, but I should probably go ahead and buy one. Its got an aftermarket intake but ill make sure to check the filter!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I did pads and rotors. Ill definitely go ahead and flush the fluid! Do you when the timing chain service is recommended?
Hi, it's a timing belt, and the manual recommends changing it at 150,000 mi. I'm only driving about 3500 miles a year, so I will do it way sooner than that to be on the safe side. My mechanic friend who's very familiar with these cars recommends doing it by about 8 years if you haven't exceeded the mileage. The owner's manual doesn't say anything about time.
Just so you know, our engine is a type which is called an interference engine. If you're not familiar with that, when a timing belt breaks on an engine like that, it can basically destroy the engine, so you want to be pretty careful about replacing the timing belt and not wait too long. Better too early than too late.

Sadly the car didn't come with an owners manual, but I should probably go ahead and buy one. Its got an aftermarket intake but ill make sure to check the filter!
If you make an account on ford.com you can enter the VIN and get access to all the owners manual stuff as a PDF. I'm sure the Ford Pass app probably has this as well. I personally wouldn't spend the money on a physical copy if you don't really want it, because searching a PDF is much easier, but I also understand wanting to have a copy for posterity.