Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

225/45 r17

Since I haven't been able to find a 225/40 r17 that isn't a track or autocross tire I was wondering if a 225/45 r17 would work with a 17x8 wheel. If anyone is running this or have heard anything about it please let me know, I dont want to order everything and have it not fit or rub too much. I have stock suspension and my fenders are not rolled.

I'm running 215/45's on the stock rims and stock suspension, I get a little rub on the fender well on really big bumps and some medium bumps if i'm at full lock. I think 225/45's will be pushing it.

OP
Tanner77
Thread Starter #3
So then I guess my next question is that what tire should I use with a 17x8 set up?

OP
Tanner77
Thread Starter #7
I'm scared to go 225/35 because I don't want to damage the wheels. Unless someone is doing this and hasn't had any issues

^^^Yeah but it is an aspect ratio. The sidewalls will be pretty similar between a 225/35 and a 205/40.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
It is an aspect ratio and arbitrarily used my manfs as well, look at the real specs, diameter, section and tread width. While your at it look at weight, heavy tires will hurt performance in all ways so you want to go as light as you can find the tires that will fit your needs.