Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Turbo Results Thread

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thanks Sekred! This is the .64 a/r housing, I chose it ultimately for fear of too much lag. And I would think the main reason for our differences in results would be from the manifold. From your results it comes on a little quicker and holds the power and torque pretty much across the board where mine is a little more laggy than yours but keeps climbing in the upper RPM band. It's kinda cool to see how two different kits react differently due to the small differences.
Yeah it is interesting to see the difference in power bands due to the tunes and manifold designs plus a few other things. The Peron manifold is surprisingly small in size and tube I/D when you actually can hold it in yours hands rather than look at a file image on a website. I think it restricts top end if your looking for more than 300 wheel HP or there about but allows a little quicker spool.
Are you running any insulation on the turbo or manifold to retain heat?.

TempeST

Yeah it is interesting to see the difference in power bands due to the tunes and manifold designs plus a few other things. The Peron manifold is surprisingly small in size and tube I/D when you actually can hold it in yours hands rather than look at a file image on a website. I think it restricts top end if your looking for more than 300 wheel HP or there about but allows a little quicker spool.
Are you running any insulation on the turbo or manifold to retain heat?.
Agreed, I think the smaller runner size definitely has it advantages and disadvantages. Same for mine with the larger runners. If mine spooled like yours did I think it would be perfect. And it seems the Peron Twin scroll has accomplished this honestly. But I'm MORE than happy with my power band. I wanted power by 4k and that exactly what it gave me.

I do not have any wrap on my manifold. I feel if i did it may move the spool 1-200 rpm sooner. but I dont think it will really help to point of me needing it. Plus I don't want to get anything on the wrap and it catch fire from the heat. Maybe when I get into tight competition I will wrap it, but I'm not really thinking that will happen. my track days are for me to work on my skills not to win anything. :) Under hood temps do get toasty, but once I get the Aero squared away the heat will extracted through some WRC vents soon.

Have you tried yours with some Methanol injection or possibly thought about it?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Here's a dyno run from last weekend.

Mods are in my sig. This is still on an incomplete tune as well.
Mustang dyno. The dyno was actually known to read low.
I know this is a bit old of a post but that is not a Mustang dyno, that is a dynojet. WinPep7 is Dynojet software. (even says it on top of the graph printout there in your photo)

Mustang Dyno uses PowerDyne software and looks very different.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I know this is a bit old of a post but that is not a Mustang dyno, that is a dynojet. WinPep7 is Dynojet software. (even says it on top of the graph printout there in your photo)

Mustang Dyno uses PowerDyne software and looks very different.
Thanks i was just told it was known to read low. I assumed it was a mustang dyno.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thanks i was just told it was known to read low. I assumed it was a mustang dyno.
Dynojets don't really "read" low or high. The beauty of them are they are very standard, where other dynos like the Mustang, etc can be used for evil much more easily.

Dynojets are what they are unless the operator somehow fakes the weather station out and really tweaks the correction factor. It's showing 1.03 correction factor on your sheet so pretty much normal and not really correcting much.

btw, a little known fact is that anybody can download Dynojets WinPep7 software and load their dyno run files into it and can play with all the correction settings and such. You just need to ask your operator to send you your run files.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Agreed, I think the smaller runner size definitely has it advantages and disadvantages. Same for mine with the larger runners. If mine spooled like yours did I think it would be perfect. And it seems the Peron Twin scroll has accomplished this honestly. But I'm MORE than happy with my power band. I wanted power by 4k and that exactly what it gave me.

I do not have any wrap on my manifold. I feel if i did it may move the spool 1-200 rpm sooner. but I dont think it will really help to point of me needing it. Plus I don't want to get anything on the wrap and it catch fire from the heat. Maybe when I get into tight competition I will wrap it, but I'm not really thinking that will happen. my track days are for me to work on my skills not to win anything. :) Under hood temps do get toasty, but once I get the Aero squared away the heat will extracted through some WRC vents soon.

Have you tried yours with some Methanol injection or possibly thought about it?
I have not tried Methanol injection yet. It would probably cost me around a $1000 for a quality kit so I do not plan on doing it anytime soon. I feel I really have enough power now :) .

TempeST

I have not tried Methanol injection yet. It would probably cost me around a $1000 for a quality kit so I do not plan on doing it anytime soon. I feel I really have enough power now :) .
Sheesh!! I'll sell you mine for $999.99 ;) haha. Jk. I can't wait to see the results with methanol. But I haven't yet gotten around to installing it.

Hey if you have all the power you want there's now reason to change anything. I really just want to run methanol for added security.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Sheesh!! I'll sell you mine for $999.99 ;) haha. Jk. I can't wait to see the results with methanol. But I haven't yet gotten around to installing it.

Hey if you have all the power you want there's now reason to change anything. I really just want to run methanol for added security.
Keep us updated when you install the meth kit, I will be interested to see if it improves spool up.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What kind (grade) of fuel do you get down there in Oz??

Decent octane numbers? Low Sulfur? ANY ethanol at all?

(I did not read all 22 pages of this thread, so sorry if this was already answered somewhere in here.)

Sekred

1000 Post Club
What kind (grade) of fuel do you get down there in Oz??

Decent octane numbers? Low Sulfur? ANY ethanol at all?

(I did not read all 22 pages of this thread, so sorry if this was already answered somewhere in here.)
95 and 98 RON is basically available everywhere as is E10 (about 92-94 RON). E85 is hard to find with only one or two vehicle running a flex fuel option. Most Australian motorists seem to have this aversion towards ethanol. Ethanol is made from sugar cane here not corn.
Low sulfur diesel is available and turbo diesel SUVs are pretty popular and at one stage you could even buy a turbo diesel Fiesta. No idea about low sulfur gasoline.

Im currently running a GT2560r Tuned by Adam on E25. Turbo is a little more laggy than id want but still pulls pretty strong.

Pete

Before my engine blew these were my final numbers on E28 mixture running the X37 turbo with my modified oem CAT. Both runs were on the same road, going in opposite directions of each other.

Pete

DHM1

1000 Post Club
We have been working crazy hard refining our turbo kits! We want to show people following this forum what something looks like when you properly design and execute a complete turbo package!!

DHM GTX360r Turbo kit
http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Fies...grade/Dead-Hook-Motorsports-GTX360r-Turbo-Kit

This kit will make 300-310whp on 91oct or 93oct NO METH NO AUX NO BS

Max power on the stock engine is 370-385whp with e45 and aux fuel

Built engine will be 420whp+

This is our base turbo kit now. With 20psi coming in at 3200rpm in 4th and sub 3500rpm in 3rd that is more torque that any one will need haha

This is a chassis dyno of the same kit but with a larger exhaust housing and dynojets are very laggy due to the lack of low speed load (Stock vs 93oct vs e45)

Here is a car with a DA of about 3800-4200ft. Stock Fuel System and 110oct race gas

The bottle line to all this is we offer a kit that you truly "get what you pay for". This means we have proven power, spool and reliability all across the country. Sure there are some hybrids with similar spool that you need ethanol mix or meth to get close to 300 and then the turbo is maxed out. No room left to grow. This kit allows you to make 300whp with no BS and stock fuel system and no mixing. With PLENTY of room to grow down the line into more power.

Russ

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
We have been working crazy hard refining our turbo kits! We want to show people following this forum what something looks like when you properly design and execute a complete turbo package!!

DHM GTX360r Turbo kit
http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Fies...grade/Dead-Hook-Motorsports-GTX360r-Turbo-Kit

This kit will make 300-310whp on 91oct or 93oct NO METH NO AUX NO BS

Max power on the stock engine is 370-385whp with e45 and aux fuel

Built engine will be 420whp+

This is our base turbo kit now. With 20psi coming in at 3200rpm in 4th and sub 3500rpm in 3rd that is more torque that any one will need haha

This is a chassis dyno of the same kit but with a larger exhaust housing and dynojets are very laggy due to the lack of low speed load (Stock vs 93oct vs e45)

Here is a car with a DA of about 3800-4200ft. Stock Fuel System and 110oct race gas

The bottle line to all this is we offer a kit that you truly "get what you pay for". This means we have proven power, spool and reliability all across the country. Sure there are some hybrids with similar spool that you need ethanol mix or meth to get close to 300 and then the turbo is maxed out. No room left to grow. This kit allows you to make 300whp with no BS and stock fuel system and no mixing. With PLENTY of room to grow down the line into more power.

Russ
Really been thinking about this kit Russ. The idea of 300whp on 93 sounds awesome. Thank you for the diligence of making this kit.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
While I probably will never be able to afford such a kit, I can appreciate the R&D, quality, time and patience it took to build this kit and guarantee results. It's an amazing deal for someone who wants immediate power with no issues.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
While I probably will never be able to afford such a kit, I can appreciate the R&D, quality, time and patience it took to build this kit and guarantee results. It's an amazing deal for someone who wants immediate power with no issues.
You got the turbo, you're halfway there! If you ever wanted to, you could talk to russ about selling the rest of the kit minus the turbo since you have one