Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Wang Gang

Hey all, I've been back at it again beating up whoever will listen for parts for our platform. This time I have a company interested in bringing the FiST into the big wang gang with a chassis mount rear wing. The company is Street Alliance, they mostly make wings and crash bars. Here is a pic of their wing on a Versa ( I know, I know )

As of right now, they have only said they are interested in the wing, but that also means they will do a rear crash bar. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem doing a bar for the front as well. Also Thierry bars can come with Jack points, so no more doing a corner at a time.

Here is their site so you can see everything else they have as well other wing pics.

http://streetfaction.myshopify.com

So who's interested in just the bars and who is interested in the wing.

Wing
1)Noodles
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Bars
1)Noodles
2)Jeffreylyon
3)
4)
5)

If we get 5 interested parties for the bars they will be produced, then the wing can be mocked up to get real pics.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #3
Some people like the rally innovations wing, same difference except this is chassis mount.

based on what I read on their site its functional. almost looks like it could cause enough down force in the rear to lift the front of the fiesta off the ground.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #6
based on what I read on their site its functional. almost looks like it could cause enough down force in the rear to lift the front of the fiesta off the ground.
That's what a front splitter and diffuser would mitigate.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd be in for a rear crash bar with a jack point and nut for a tow eye, but count me out on the wing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The front splitter would have to be un-streetable (scraping the pavement, and a foot out from the bottom of the bumper cover, and solidly mounted to the k member/subframe) in order to counteract/balance that thing.

Functional or not, that thing looks too ricey for STREET use, track use, of course, is another story. ;)

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #9
You believe what you want, you're not out here trying to find manufacturers for parts on this car. I like it, I'll use it, I'm just trying to see if anybody else wants one too. Even if it comes off for the street and sits in the garage until track days, I'm still getting one. But since it is designed to pivot out of the way of the hatch, I'm likely going to rock it every day.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #11

I'm going to keep talking to them. I've already volunteered to prototype the part, so maybe I can drop in for a mock up of what it will look like. It's going to be aggressive without a doubt, but I just can picture it using that Versa as a model. Do we have any photochop pros that can work something up?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Ok guys. Enough with the bashing of the rear wing. If you're not too keen on the looks, just don't comment. I'd love a functional rear wing that looks good, albeit, looks are a relative term whereas downforce can be quantified. Props to noodles if he gets this made. I'd love to see that thing tested in a wind tunnel.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok guys. Enough with the bashing of the rear wing. If you're not too keen on the looks, just don't comment. I'd love a functional rear wing that looks good, albeit, looks are a relative term whereas downforce can be quantified. Props to noodles if he gets this made. I'd love to see that thing tested in a wind tunnel.
Agreed - it's not my thing but the more aftermarket support the better!

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #17
Couple more pics of the Versa

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Couple more pics of the Versa

Truthfully though, I could see the cops in my area giving someone much grief over that citing possible injury to pedestrians and cyclists, due to the amount of overhang past the sides of the car's body.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #19
Yeah, that's one of the things I might be bringing up. The Fiesta is smaller than this car, so it would REALLY hang over. Maybe they can cut it down or just use a smaller center section.