Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Considering General AS5 ALL Season

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I’m from up north but spent more time in the 5 boroughs than I wish to remember. I get people want to rep where they’re from but you can keep the NYC metropolitan area. It’s no different than all the other modern urban shitholes. Too many people crammed into too small an area. Survival of the fittest cockroaches. Humans aren’t meant to live like this but I rarely see humans in places like this
Haha, not surprised. If you came from nyc, I would give you a "pass" (sorta) for shitting all over it. Talking about people not being human, is some backwards f*cked up shit. Dare I say racist/bigoted.

Truth be told, I'm looking to move Upstate at some point. Albany/Saratoga area. House prices are insane out here. I love the city as a whole, but do prefer the country life. As I'm getting older, I find myself less tolerant of living so close to everyone. I live in a pretty spread out area, but I need more space. So I get what you're saying on that front.

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

Last edited:
OP
L
Thread Starter #22
With all due respect..This is a thread about tires...If you guys want to settle this, do it somewhere else.

Regards.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
With all due respect..This is a thread about tires...If you guys want to settle this, do it somewhere else.

Regards.
Where is "Pantuco"?

You mean, this was a thread about tires :poop:

The tire question was asked and answered I thought.... but I do agree it's not cool to steal threads.

I will re-iterate my original point:
Summer tires are the way to go if you live in a climate that stays above freezing year-round. Rain doesn't diminish summer tires any more than it diminishes all season tire performance, imo. In fact, I think the Potenzas and the Dunlop Sport maxx that I had on my WRX, were better in the rain than any all season tires I have ever had.

Last edited:
Summer Dunlop Direzza ZIII.
AS performance Michelin AS/3
AS performance with snow AS/3+
Winter-sled and huskies

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Regards.

I would not recommend the General G-Max AS05. I have them now for daily driving coming from the BFG Sport Comp 2 AS previously. The General has a softer sidewall and less grip overall. Fairly unimpressed although I bet I get 30K miles from them while I only got 18K miles with the BFG. If you like the Indy 500s and live in Florida, I would stick with them. I had those for daily driving in the summer months before I burned through them and loved them. Best grip overall above 50F and I got nearly 20K miles out of them which was impressive.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

Regards.

I would not even consider running all seasons. It will be a compromise especially in Florida.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

OP, I am in central AL, I had all seasons last year and took them off. Wish I would have left them on. Damn good tires. 215/40-17 Federal Formoza FD2. Quiet and smooth.

I dont drive hard enough to notice a difference. I took them off and put on a summer tire for what is a long story.

RS-4s are very long lasting summer tires, you'll get plenty of miles out of them. Head and shoulders above the competition in regards to wear, you give up a bit of grip to ziii or re71r but they're less picky about heat and they're way better tires than budget options like firehawks, if you want to stay down at that level Dz102 is another cheapo option that handles predictably in the rain and doesn't hockeypuck too badly down to mild freezes, been several years since I ran them but they're passable as all seasons for most places south of Atlanta and should last longer than the indy 500s (never had a set of firehawks myself though so this is conjecture)

OP, I am in central AL, I had all seasons last year and took them off. Wish I would have left them on. Damn good tires. 215/40-17 Federal Formoza FD2. Quiet and smooth.

I dont drive hard enough to notice a difference. I took them off and put on a summer tire for what is a long story.
Let’s hear it

Jerickson88

So, I actually was planning to make this a track car, since it was a 4th vehicle and I couldn't find a buyer. Well, the Tahoe that we have turned into a money pit almost overnight, so I sold it, making the Fiesta my take kids to school and back, and everything else car.

I put Federal 595RS-RR on the car to use for autox/track days, and ended up having to repurpose the car. No big deal, when they wear out, I'll put something else on there.

I have a service van I drive for work, and my wife has a 16 Civic, so the fiesta was just spending alot of time sitting since we had the Tahoe.

So, I actually was planning to make this a track car, since it was a 4th vehicle and I couldn't find a buyer. Well, the Tahoe that we have turned into a money pit almost overnight, so I sold it, making the Fiesta my take kids to school and back, and everything else car.

I put Federal 595RS-RR on the car to use for autox/track days, and ended up having to repurpose the car. No big deal, when they wear out, I'll put something else on there.

I have a service van I drive for work, and my wife has a 16 Civic, so the fiesta was just spending alot of time sitting since we had the Tahoe.
How are you enjoying your Fiesta ST now? Glad you kept it? Also what tires are you running now?

^^^Except that Hankook flat out REFUSES to make those tires in a 17" diameter size/profile which we can use, IF Littlevader wants to stay on 17s. [mad] [thumbdown]

They make them for 16s, the size that we should have gotten in the first place. You make a good point though, if he doesn't want to pony up the money for decent tires doing a wheel change is pretty unrealistic of me.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They make them for 16s, the size that we should have gotten in the first place. You make a good point though, if he doesn't want to pony up the money for decent tires doing a wheel change is pretty unrealistic of me.
Yes, and the anger expressed towards them is because it is THE tire I would have on the car now IF they made it in a 215/40-17, or a 225/40-17. [wink] [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well, the Tahoe that we have turned into a money pit almost overnight, so I sold it, making the Fiesta my take kids to school and back, and everything else car.

Do the kiddies complain about the tire scream from the RRs at all, or are they never in the car on the highway?

...coming from the BFG Sport Comp 2 AS previously. The General has a softer sidewall and less grip overall. Fairly unimpressed although I bet I get 30K miles from them while I only got 18K miles with the BFG...
How did you like the BFG Sport Comp 2 AS?