Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Continuing my sedan ST build here from the new member post. I am not the first.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #22
Rear trunk/boot area is going to require extension of the 19 ST tail lamp wiring harness as well as routing the back up light into the lid. Then there is the rear camera, latch, pressure switch, tag bulbs and trunk lamp harness to contend with. 1649850587536.png

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #23
You're the man for this.... This build is hilarious. Sleeper legend. Send it!
This is by far, the most complicated total swap I've done but compartmentalizing the build prevents it from becoming overwhelming.

The 19 ST inside body harness mates up fine into the 11 sedan front section with the exception of the module under the passenger seat. There are no welded nuts on the floor brace so I will probably use self tapping screws and 3M tape. The carpet lays over the module anyhow so I'm sure it will be fine. View attachment 48164
Why not riv nuts? i love me some riv nuts

We don't have any rivet nuts or the tool. However you got me thinking so I searched and found some aluminum rivets so I will use them. Thank you.
I got a kit on amazon with the tool+rivnuts for like $40. Though it’s not perfect, it works great especially compared the the more expensive options available from Grainger or McMaster. Depending on the overall budget and how much you’d use it might be worth it.

I'm trying to record everything needed to do this swap so others who might be as crazy as I am, can follow along.

Appreciate that, we recently did a engine and transmission swap in my fiancés 2002 Accord V6, they never came in manual, and most of the people who did the manual swaps used a lot of discontinued parts or guides that are no longer available due to photobucket and such expiring their photos.
There really wasn't any how-to guides, so a lot of it we had to look thru wiring diagrams and such to figure out what to do.

We got a J32A2 from an Acura CL Type S, along with the ECU + 6 speed manual with LSD that comes with the CL-S, and then took a bunch of 4 cylinder manual accord parts and pieced everything together. Ultimately I had to repin the entire interior harness to match the ECU. Re-pinning everything wasn't a fun experience, but it works perfectly outside of reverse lockout + reverse lights. (Need to figure that one out still)

Last edited:
OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #30
Appreciate that, we recently did a engine and transmission swap in my fiancés 2002 Accord V6, they never came in manual, and most of the people who did the manual swaps used a lot of discontinued parts or guides that are no longer available due to photobucket and such expiring their photos.
There really wasn't any how-to guides, so a lot of it we had to look thru wiring diagrams and such to figure out what to do.

We got a J32A2 from an Acura CL Type S, along with the ECU + 6 speed manual with LSD that comes with the CL-S, and then took a bunch of 4 cylinder manual accord parts and pieced everything together. Ultimately I had to repin the entire interior harness to match the ECU. Re-pinning everything wasn't a fun experience, but it works perfectly outside of reverse lockout + reverse lights. (Need to figure that one out still)
It's a ton of tedious work but it's worth it to have something unique.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #32
Next snafu: The ac line from the condenser to the evaporator is different between the 11 sedan and the 19 ST. The sedan has the receiver/drier on the side of the condenser and the fitting is different. The ST receiver/drier is in the ac line bolted to the rf frame rail. I don't want to buy a new condenser so I am going to take apart both ac lines at the condenser end and combine them. I have no idea if having two receiver/driers in the ac line will affect it. 1649881255398.png

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #34
Love this build and I’m surprised it’s taken this long to see someone doing this.
I did something similar in the 1990's. I took everything from a 1987 turbo sprint and put it into a 1989 geo metro. After that engine got tired, I took everything from a 1992 Suzuki swift gt that I rolled and put it into the 89 metro. Keep in mind these vehicles did not even have power steering, power windows, antilock, traction control, auto climate control, infotainment systems, Nav or any airbags so it was a lot easier then.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This Reminds me of the Oldsmobile Bravada that got turned into a Typhoon/Syclone Clone But with 4doors though. We call it the Braphoon. It is still out there as far as I know! Good luck with the Sleeper!

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #36
Learn from my mistakes. Don't drop out the entire drivetrain with struts, axles, brakes, wheels and the subframe attached. It fought me the whole way back in. It was like trying to get a really huge helpless chick off the floor of the bar when she is totally shitfaced then get her out the door and into your small car. There was a lot of sweating and cursing and its just not worth the effort. ;) 1649891965638.png

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #37
The cooling fans are different. The 11 sedan has a conventional fan activated by a relay. The 19 ST has a cooling fan with a PWM speed controller. This fan is variable speed based on inputs by the PCM. The controller and fan on the 19 were crushed so I will be changing that out. 1649950420066.png 1649950438956.png

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #39
The cooling fans are different. The 11 sedan has a conventional fan activated by a relay. The 19 ST has a cooling fan with a PWM speed controller. This fan is variable speed based on inputs by the PCM. The controller and fan on the 19 were crushed so I will be changing that out. View attachment 48181 View attachment 48182
Ordered a new fan and shroud. Should be ST specific since I gave them the vin for the ST.