Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Continuing my sedan ST build here from the new member post. I am not the first.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #41
The inner cv joint came apart inside the boot on the driver side when I was moving the drivetrain around on the floor. This turned into an hours long project. One of the round rollers came off inside the boot and when I took it apart, a bunch of very tiny needle bearings came out. I think I found them all and now I know exactly how satan put the shit together. I have the tool to swedge the cv band clamps but satan struck again and I had to open up the clamps that were already tight. Everything was slippery from the cv slime on my gloves but a whole can of brake clean helped. Eventually I got it back together. If I have any problems from the stock axles, I will upgrade them so I wont have breakage in the future.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #48
While I was wrestling with the drivetrain on the floor, the inner cv joint came apart inside the boot. It took hours to get it all put back together as I fished out dozens of tiny needle bearings floating around in the goop. I will never take it down as an assembly again.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #49
Not a sexy picture but this is the custom bracket I made to fit the 19 ST evap canister onto the 11 sedan. Also in the picture is where I eliminated the hard plastic line by using 14mm ID silicone vacuum tubing and crimp clamps. I'm still waiting on my 12mm tubing to the other line. 1650281697081.png

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #50
So when I tried to take out the subframe bolt, the captive nut inside the frame broke loose and just spun. There was no way to retrieve the nut without hacking up the frame so I cut off the bolt flush and then used an air hammer to push the stuck nut/bolt up out of the way. I then got a very long drill bit and drilled through the entire frame bottom to top. I got a carriage bolt and epoxied the head so it wouldn't pop up when I installed the subframe. I will cut the bolt off so it's not so long. You would think that manufactures either make captive fasteners that cannot break loose inside of closed frames or they would make them out of stainless. The white you see is lithium grease. It took a lot of force to pull the square part of the carriage bolt into the round hole in the frame. 1650283169419.png 1650283210068.png

I did not but it if leaks due to the wreck, I will probably get the tubular crash bar and the largest intercooler I can find.
I would just get a whoosh v3, doesn't seem like we can make enough power on our engines to benefit from a massive intercooler. Our engines usually exit stage left around 400 whp, and I have yet to see an engine builder successfully tackle that issue yet for long term use.
I've run as much as 36 PSI on my s280, and never exceeded what the whoosh v3 could put up with.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #54
I would just get a whoosh v3, doesn't seem like we can make enough power on our engines to benefit from a massive intercooler. Our engines usually exit stage left around 400 whp, and I have yet to see an engine builder successfully tackle that issue yet for long term use.
I've run as much as 36 PSI on my s280, and never exceeded what the whoosh v3 could put up with.
Thank you. Has anyone run very high HP reliably with forged pistons and rods? The block has an open deck so it looks like that is a weak spot as well.

That would still have the same problems, those little slots inbetween the cylinder walls are where the issue is apparently.

Cylinder pressures oval the cylinder and crack where that slot is, need to drill out the entire OEM sleeve and press in "mid-sleeves" from darton or LA sleeves etc.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Adam at Tune Plus is working with using the 1.5 liter 4 banger block as its center bore and deck are correct for our rods and pistons . subscribe to his youtube channel and he has vids about it. He is using that block because it gets around the shortcomings of our stock block in 400+ hp builds. Check it out its really good info.