Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM Race Crash Bar and Intercooler!

Trader history for DHM (0)

iso100

1000 Post Club
Holy crap this is awesome.

Of course I just ordered the Mishimoto J-Line intercooler. Damn it.

Any concerns with turbulence/flow with that end-tank design? Doesn't seem as smooth as if you had normal end tanks and made the turns using 90 degree silicone joiners.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Looks very good. And even tough I probably don't need that big of an intercooler I really think the radiator and engine bay in general will benefit from the less restrictive crash bar. And to think all ready for tax refund season....

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25

Any concerns with turbulence/flow with that end-tank design? Doesn't seem as smooth as if you had normal end tanks and made the turns using 90 degree silicone joiners.
There is a radius piece that will go were the inlet and it lets are to make the air a nice curve in and out. Only good way to do a back door intercooler.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26

There is a radius piece that will go were the inlet and it lets are to make the air a nice curve in and out. Only good way to do a back door intercooler.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Rod, you don't remember all the complaining I've done about not having options like the fost ? Lol. I've tried for ever to steal vendor from the fost forum, and they tell me things like "buy 25 of my product and I'll made one for the fist". I'm like, "wait... Your selling products to people, not ME, lol".

Try to get a vendor to make us a fuel setup that is mpfi or throttle body injection ( the fost has both BTW ). I'm just happy someone has stepped up.
Wait what you complained ?? NO WAY ... Just yankin yer chain bub I am tickled you are happy and we have someone like Russ that has a FiST at Deadhook.. I will be seeing them soon. sounds like some good stuff in the pipe if it pans out too.

Chuckable

Where does this fit compared to the stock front bar? Reason I ask is I'm wondering if this would also allow a less obstructed path of airflow to the radiator?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Where does this fit compared to the stock front bar? Reason I ask is I'm wondering if this would also allow a less obstructed path of airflow to the radiator?
The top of our bar is the top of the oem crash bar. This is to retain the stock bumper supports and hood latch supports nicely. This will allow much more air getting to everything intercooler and radiator especially if you take the time to open up the blocked off part of the grill

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Here is a quick pic not quite the same angle but it show the diff in a visual way..

Attachments

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
The top of our bar is the top of the oem crash bar. This is to retain the stock bumper supports and hood latch supports nicely. This will allow much more air getting to everything intercooler and radiator especially if you take the time to open up the blocked off part of the grill

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I did this too and it only took a couple of hrs with a 5 inch makita rotary sander and 60 grit pads.. dusty as all heck but final product looks good and I kept my front tag/lic plate per Wi. law too just sanded around it..

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
With this bar, removing the plastic behind the lower part of the honey comb is a no brainer to me. If you watch one of my videos, I over heat the car in like 5minutes in 70 degree temps.

LT Berzerker

Total ignorance question... Is the front stock crash bar welded to the fiesta frame? Sounds like you can unbolt the entire crash bar and then swap it out for the DHM assembly. Just making sure I don't have to cut any metal :)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
Total ignorance question... Is the front stock crash bar welded to the fiesta frame? Sounds like you can unbolt the entire crash bar and then swap it out for the DHM assembly. Just making sure I don't have to cut any metal :)
This is a zero modification to the car kit. Everything will unbolt and the next week you can go back to stick with out one thing out of place

Russ

How about adding an optional tow hook/strap mounting point on the crash bar?
This is a great idea. Question though, why would you price the crash bar and intercooler separately? Seems like one wouldn't work without the other.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
How about adding an optional tow hook/strap mounting point on the crash bar?
Yes absolutely. I can add Tow straps, Oil cooler mounts, LED mounts, or anything else you can think off just have to ask when ordering.

This is a great idea. Question though, why would you price the crash bar and intercooler separately? Seems like one wouldn't work without the other.
In the OP there is a break down of the bar and intercooler price. The intercooler will not work with out the bar but you can buy the bar and use it with your own set up as well.

Russ