Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM Race Crash Bar and Intercooler!

Trader history for DHM (0)

If the OP doesn't mind as this is kinda related to this product here are a couple quick grill pics after it was sanded.
The front and back it is still dusty as I have not washed it yet only brushed and vacuumed it..
Good deal, thanks. Doesn't look too delicate, just time consuming.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I missed this thread!

Mine has been on order for awhile and will be here soon I am sure.

Along with some other very very cool parts that will ...... whatever it is that turns you on:)

Beautiful work, great prices, what more could we want!

Rick

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
I missed this thread!

Mine has been on order for awhile and will be here soon I am sure.

Along with some other very very cool parts that will ...... whatever it is that turns you on:)

Beautiful work, great prices, what more could we want!

Rick
Big thanks to you for jumping on board first for sure!! The other guy that was with me when I started this project too ;)

I can't wait until next week we get to see more progress on that other project!

Russ

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Big thanks to you for jumping on board first for sure!! The other guy that was with me when I started this project too ;)

I can't wait until next week we get to see more progress on that other project!

Russ
Email Sent and I hope we can block out some time for yet another project if you caught my vid ;) Tune worked like a charm. Though I am betting it is on the way safe side limiting everything till you get it in hand.. lol Hope the parts are back from powdercoating and ready to install next week ;) Glad to help out our cars get more options for building and tuning

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
Email Sent and I hope we can block out some time for yet another project if you caught my vid ;) Tune worked like a charm. Though I am betting it is on the way safe side limiting everything till you get it in hand.. lol Hope the parts are back from powdercoating and ready to install next week ;) Glad to help out our cars get more options for building and tuning
Yes I put a ton of limits In place and changes to make sure she would be fine getting it around and on the trailer just fine. I can not wait until we get to get this thing dialed in.

Russ

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Heck yes !!! Stand by for launch !! Dfi injectors, hope your ready !!! Rodmoe, maybe take a AEM meth injection kit with you "just in case", lol.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Heck yes !!! Stand by for launch !! Dfi injectors, hope your ready !!! Rodmoe, maybe take a AEM meth injection kit with you "just in case", lol.
I have been thinking of some sort of WMI or just a E85 injection for valve cleaning..

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Rod, until SOMEONE comes out with a secondary injection system, I think the AEM is a reasonable option. If you were to run pump gas (E10 93oct) in the tank, then use E85 in the wmi or run a very fine tuned twin nozzle on methanol, I think you'd be able to make 330whp ( anyone guess where I'm pulling that number from? Lol ).

Despite ATP's 330whp and the recent 310whp GTx graphs, I'm finding the fuel system is gonna be hurting on any type of ethanol mixes. I guess if consistently race gas is in your budget, its not a big deal, but i need my ethanol, lol.

I would just hate to see the car be heard back a crazy amount because the fuel system or make 330-360whp on race gas, but be forced to 310whp on pump gas without the option for ethonal to be mixed in the tank.

Good news is.... I haven't seen the fiesta have any of the bottom end fueling issues the focus has with the fuel pumps turned up, hope you won't either. We pretty much already have a build in "kenny bell boost-a-pump". I'm impressed with how much an alcoy injection setup can impact the cars AFR, but then again, I was used to a 2.4L, this 1.6L should be easier to impact afr wise.

Anyway.... I'm thinking this thing is gonna be NUTS. Best turbo, best intercooler, and a bad ass tuner ( Russ has helpped me a lot behind the scenes ).

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
Rod, until SOMEONE comes out with a secondary injection system, I think the AEM is a reasonable option. If you were to run pump gas (E10 93oct) in the tank, then use E85 in the wmi or run a very fine tuned twin nozzle on methanol, I think you'd be able to make 330whp ( anyone guess where I'm pulling that number from? Lol ).

Despite ATP's 330whp and the recent 310whp GTx graphs, I'm finding the fuel system is gonna be hurting on any type of ethanol mixes. I guess if consistently race gas is in your budget, its not a big deal, but i need my ethanol, lol.

I would just hate to see the car be heard back a crazy amount because the fuel system or make 330-360whp on race gas, but be forced to 310whp on pump gas without the option for ethonal to be mixed in the tank.

Good news is.... I haven't seen the fiesta have any of the bottom end fueling issues the focus has with the fuel pumps turned up, hope you won't either. We pretty much already have a build in "kenny bell boost-a-pump". I'm impressed with how much an alcoy injection setup can impact the cars AFR, but then again, I was used to a 2.4L, this 1.6L should be easier to impact afr wise.

Anyway.... I'm thinking this thing is gonna be NUTS. Best turbo, best intercooler, and a bad ass tuner ( Russ has helpped me a lot behind the scenes ).
That secondary fuel system that "someone" is working on we should see some results for that soon! I know Rod has been on top of me for that as well! I hope to have a project plan and some drawings soon then it's just a matter of getting a few guys to jump on board!

Russ

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
On straight E85, I'm not sure the fuel system would support more than 225-230whp in the higher rpms. So as time goes on, and more and more people want more power and realize $14 per gal race gas is not a real option, people are gonna need a fuel solution. I've found on E45-E40 that 250whp give/take (10whp) is about the max.

For right now.... E85 in the wmi tank is shifting that by an enormous amount. Meth would shift it to a lesser amount, amount but offer more benefits. But is everyone always going to be ok with all this math and tuning for different fuels ? It would be better for power, as well as take all the guess work and tuning out to just run straight E85 in these upgraded turbo cars.

Hopefully when some warranties drop off and some people start making real power with bigger turbos, the demand will be there.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
That secondary fuel system that "someone" is working on we should see some results for that soon! I know Rod has been on top of me for that as well! I hope to have a project plan and some drawings soon then it's just a matter of getting a few guys to jump on board!

Russ
Ummm man that gave me a weird visual there Russ.. Thanks LOL Yes it is in the pipe here and other places (UK) are working on a fueling solution for the big end on these builds. You know where I am Russ...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
As I mentioned I would like it and could get by with a 1 gal tank I think if used only for valve washing every so often. kinda spendy for just that maybe? But what does a teardown and blast cost ?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Got me thinking again.......like I need more projects......I am going to do some custom work in the rear of the car, considering a new floor for the tire well for a bigger real diffuser I am considering building. It would hold a washer bottle for the windshield, battery, sub, amp and I could build in tank but sealed very well so outside the car instead of inside for safety reasons.

I was considering a compact spare but found none yet that will fit my BBKs nor in 4x100 in aluminum so I might have to ditch that plan with all the other things being done in that area.

Get your tune done so I can see where you end up with power so I can decide on that ground at least, still the idea of cleaning the valves is great if that is all it is used for.

BUT, how about a tune for cleaning and a tune for the track?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #74
Got me thinking again.......like I need more projects......I am going to do some custom work in the rear of the car, considering a new floor for the tire well for a bigger real diffuser I am considering building. It would hold a washer bottle for the windshield, battery, sub, amp and I could build in tank but sealed very well so outside the car instead of inside for safety reasons.

I was considering a compact spare but found none yet that will fit my BBKs nor in 4x100 in aluminum so I might have to ditch that plan with all the other things being done in that area.

Get your tune done so I can see where you end up with power so I can decide on that ground at least, still the idea of cleaning the valves is great if that is all it is used for.

BUT, how about a tune for cleaning and a tune for the track?
Never heard of a "tune" cleaning valves. Our injectors dont spray on the valve unless its a early SOI (start of injection) and a long duty cycle. Even then its not enough to keep them clean like port injection would.

Russ

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Man i really want this but i just installed my jline. Decisions decisions. Seriously though this intercooler set up looks amazing i may pull and sell my j line for one of these set ups.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #76
I updated the OP with some new pictures hope you guys like!

Russ

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
A tune using aux injection of fuel, WMI, etc....designed to provide fuel, combat knock, etc, for higher output and/or help clean the valves is what I was referring to. A tune for each purpose, one for the track, which would still help keep the valves clean and give the added power and one for the street to just help with the valve cleaning, same system, multiple uses.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #78
A tune using aux injection of fuel, WMI, etc....designed to provide fuel, combat knock, etc, for higher output and/or help clean the valves is what I was referring to. A tune for each purpose, one for the track, which would still help keep the valves clean and give the added power and one for the street to just help with the valve cleaning, same system, multiple uses.
No need for two tunes for such actions. If you had a WMI or aux injection the time at boost levels were these would be used would be plenty to help keep things clean.

Russ

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I knew that, could of written this a bit better:)

A street tune that still helps with cleaning but would not use up the fluid to quickly would be easier to live with on a car driven quite a bit on the street on longer drives like mine will be used for between track events.

There would be many places I could not buy Meth, no place to carry extra, no reliable source of E85 when on the road all over North America...

Perhaps just a tune with it for when it can be used and one for when not able to do so would still help keep the valves decently clean?

Maybe a 5th injector fed from the stock tank would be best in my situation.

(it kind of sucks to have two 30 gallon tanks and a fuel pump in the trailer but it they are under the rear and just to much weight to carry much at a time as the trailer was designed to haul ATV's and not a car. I can carry some E85, etc in the bed of the truck though but if we go on longer drives it could be an issue so a tune to not run it at those times would be best)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Who knew that we'd have some many different fuel options !! And that they would be regional as well...