Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe's Blue by You Build

iso100

1000 Post Club
Sooo... Elephant in the room here, how long will Rods engine last at 375?
That's what I was thinking as well. Insane numbers although probably a bit laborious to drive as a daily with the power delivery being a bit late and peaky. What would you expect from a huge turbo putting that kind of power down though.

You guys certainly take top rank for most powerful 1.6l EcoBoost Fiesta...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Junkyard engines are cheap, I would buy a spare and or to have built, I might even buy a spare to haul around just for the EFR system I do not want or need that much power out of.

As for power delivery lets see the VD plot, it will not be as bad down low, I think I read where they are tuning it for less in the first gear or two to deal with traction on the power power tunes previously done.

One cool thing, turn off the WMI, in this case MI, load the 93 tune, a few seconds to go from insane to just wild or wild top end and tractable bottom end, gotta love the AP!

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #405
I will mostly plan on doing the more moderate tune till we get a feel for how the car will act and react. The STFU tune aka375 hp (on Meth. and I am sure it is not mixed) is more or less a track use item. As we hope to see this weekend at the strip when we pick the car up.. I do not do life at a 1/4 mile at a time so I will let someone that knows the car and has track time see if we can hit the target number with the car then it is back home and all the go fast left and right stuff gets put on or back on. I Still think a 300+ DD will be a hoot ;) As for traction I will see how the 15x8 work with some 225/45's and have a few lines out for more stopping power to fit under the wheels .. Funny how different wheels are the TD pro race are like 13.5 space across the inside and my MSW are only 13.0 inches across at the center of the hub.. But for now the Carbotech pads will have to do..

Again Thanks for all the kind words and it was Russ and DHM that did the work I just wrote the check..

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I forgot you have stock brakes, that opens up the doors for a bunch of really cool low weight high grade wheels, all in 4x100 though so just redrill, wheels, done:)

---------------

275-300 WHP was my initial goal when I first bought the car, still is, cool to make more and to see what this little bugger can do, I fully get it:)

I get tempted as well also not a 1/4 mile guy and going RVing, I have to hold back on the big power, more likely to pop stuff mods:)

If you do want some help on the brakes, I have done all the homework, it would not be for profit, just to help is all.

---------------

DHM1

1000 Post Club
That's what I was thinking as well. Insane numbers although probably a bit laborious to drive as a daily with the power delivery being a bit late and peaky. What would you expect from a huge turbo putting that kind of power down though.

You guys certainly take top rank for most powerful 1.6l EcoBoost Fiesta...
Really on the street it's awesome! 4th is full spool by 3600-3700. This is cruising in 6th spool up.

https://vimeo.com/128633969

Russ

iso100

1000 Post Club
Really on the street it's awesome! 4th is full spool by 3600-3700. This is cruising in 6th spool up.
Wow, impressive!

That AP monitor showing -3.8 corrections scares me though!

Did you guys do any VE recalibration or mess with the cam timing?

I'm also curious about if you adjusted the Intercooler Volume setting to match your IC.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I will mostly plan on doing the more moderate tune till we get a feel for how the car will act and react. The STFU tune aka375 hp (on Meth. and I am sure it is not mixed) is more or less a track use item. As we hope to see this weekend at the strip when we pick the car up.. I do not do life at a 1/4 mile at a time so I will let someone that knows the car and has track time see if we can hit the target number with the car then it is back home and all the go fast left and right stuff gets put on or back on. I Still think a 300+ DD will be a hoot ;) As for traction I will see how the 15x8 work with some 225/45's and have a few lines out for more stopping power to fit under the wheels .. Funny how different wheels are the TD pro race are like 13.5 space across the inside and my MSW are only 13.0 inches across at the center of the hub.. But for now the Carbotech pads will have to do..

Again Thanks for all the kind words and it was Russ and DHM that did the work I just wrote the check..
I can tell you on straight 93oct it is a beast I mean 320whp is not anything to shy away from.

You did much more than write a check! A supportive customer(now friend) like you makes a big difference in how trust works and the end product. Trusting someone for creative freedom says a lot. This the product a good team came up with.

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Wow, impressive!

That AP monitor showing -3.8 corrections scares me though!

Did you guys do any VE recalibration or mess with the cam timing?

I'm also curious about if you adjusted the Intercooler Volume setting to match your IC.
Lol at the timing correction. I was testing some different load settings and also tuning the knock sensor. When engine rpm increase at speeds as this one does you have to touch and dial in everything.

VE and cam timing is critical to making a car that makes 2.25 time the OEM crank hp drive like it did off the lot. This car still gets 30-32mpg idles like stock revs cleaner than stock and hauls ass.

I have volume measurements for our intercooler.

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
To add to that what I do is ECU calibration. Taking something past what a team of engineers took over 1 year to do and make twice the power and drive just as good. The Bosch computer is awesome in these cars.

Russ

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
225 on an 8 will help for sure, I would look for tests showing forward grip as well as lateral.

I just opened a box with a brand new wheel I was not going to open if the Konig Helix arrive and fit just so I could get you some info:)

Konig Dial In, roll formed, 15x9, 12.8 lbs, +35mm, 13.8125" inside space

The 11.75" GT rotor has the same mass as the 12.19 street rotors sold with the WW BBK but better vains so actually a better track rotor.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am glad you will be tuning my car!

As soon as I get over this nasty bug, sitting here feeling like sheat when I have the first DHM EFR kit out in the shop waiting for me to finish the install......:(