Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

End all be all actuator replacement thread (clicking sound, part numbers, video install)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If you are out of warranty and you do not want to do the work yourself maybe go to a independent shop. When I was working in a independent shop I believe are labor rate was $75 an hour. I never found book time to be very generous.

Knock on wood I have not had any problems with mine, but I do keep the temperature on low 75% of the time.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
it did not but I did ask what the job would have cost and he said it would have been $485 so figure the cost of those actuators and minus that and figure. You should be able to come out with some kind of Ball Park idea.
the parts # are BE8Z19E615A and BE8Z19E616B they had the car in total for around 3 hours. Not all that time was spent on actual R&R though as they actually tested the voltages on the HVAC module
Thanks for the info, that's helpful to know.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
If you are out of warranty and you do not want to do the work yourself maybe go to a independent shop. When I was working in a independent shop I believe are labor rate was $75 an hour. I never found book time to be very generous.

Knock on wood I have not had any problems with mine, but I do keep the temperature on low 75% of the time.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
That's probably what I will do, I have an independent shop that I like and my mechanical skills are not the best to put it mildly. I just wanted to know what a dealer would have charged just to have something to compare it with.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Anybody else see the TSB for this?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10177855-0001.pdf

I kinda want to make Ford fix mine since its been banging since about 20K miles.
if its under warranty thats no problem. The TSB was issued I guess because they have concluded that was the cause of premature failure. That is not a recall which would be a free repair out of warranty.
Whats interesting about this TSB is it came out last year and I just go those things fixed under warranty . I am guessing they rerouted the harness on mine when they did the fix.

Fab

Hey everyone

That thread has been helpful thanks a lot!

I've been willing to change my passenger actuator and had an issue. The white gear on the old actuator and the new one are not aligned (see pic), the indent is at a different place, and that was blocking me from swapping the parts. The new part has the indent where the black arrow points, the old one is off.

I've open the new one, rotated the main gear until it aligned with the old one and only then could fit it in.

I'm just a bit concerned as to why was the old one not aligned with the arrow (which I assume is how it should be) and therefore so is the rest of the system inside the glove box - does it indicate a bigger issue somewhere in the HVAC system? Something I should worry about?

Thanks

244736174_237960551536263_5488730725582475466_n2.jpg

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I think it just stops where it breaks and not a fault of a bigger issue. I had to align mine too. Watch the action when you change positions on the controls to make sure it is moving/functioning properly. That's what I did.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HaveBlue83

Just came across a specific item on thingiverse.com. The item noticed was a 3d gear for the mk7 fiesta blend door actuator, the main gear cog. Would this be of good use to the community or are some cars having issues with the smaller gear decaying?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4512624

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

my pass side just wenr out AGAIN. it is constantly cycling. car off, it cycles, car on it cycles, any hvac change it cycles. it wears itself out. we need someone to make steel gears MIM would be awesome.

this is the bane of the FIST. it will always fail

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mine (not even sure which one it is now, or if it is the one replaced under warranty) just started clacking again @35K miles and 5 years, 2 months of ownership.

But if I leave the system on when shutting down the engine, it is dead quiet on the next startup.
I just hate putting that extra load on the battery during starting, especially in this colder weather (I do leave the fan on it's lowest setting, but still an extra unnecessary drain).

Is there continuing/ongoing damage done to these every single time they make that loud series of clacks, or is the damage already done, and it will not get any worse, and crack any more teeth off of the gears, than what has caused the noise in the first place? [dunno]

Good question. I let mine go for a month or so, and it went from happening once in a while to gradually happening more often. At least the fix was under an hour.

HaveBlue83

Mine (not even sure which one it is now, or if it is the one replaced under warranty) just started clacking again @35K miles and 5 years, 2 months of ownership.

But if I leave the system on when shutting down the engine, it is dead quiet on the next startup.
I just hate putting that extra load on the battery during starting, especially in this colder weather (I do leave the fan on it's lowest setting, but still an extra unnecessary drain).

Is there continuing/ongoing damage done to these every single time they make that loud series of clacks, or is the damage already done, and it will not get any worse, and crack any more teeth off of the gears, than what has caused the noise in the first place? [dunno]
mine i let do it for months. i also would try and leave it on defrost low heat to make it shut up.

the weirdest part is the hvac works the same! i might just remove it and try without it or unplug it.

where exactly is the drivers side blend door? one of mine is clicking. it sounds like it's coming from behind the start button. only does it with AC or when i get non my car without the heat on. all the vents seem to work.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
Just to repeat folks, this isn't that horrible of a job. With minimal skills and some patience anyone can do it. Get the thumb ratchet. A magnetic extendable pen type tool is good to have, it boosts confidence if you drop something. Take your time, it's only a few screws. Relax. You can do it.