Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
^^^A 225/40-17 would be PERFECT, but every single tire manufacturer out there outright REFUSES to produce anything in that size, save for pure road race, 00 tread wear, slicks. [mad]
Interesting, as at first thought it seems way too much, but it's only 0.6" taller and just under 10% wider and more sidewall... indeed it would be perfect. I had 225/40/18's on Kia Forte5 SX (1.6T) and they seemed nice. Still debating between 215/40/17 and 205/45/17, there are solid inexpensive fairly sticky all season choices in each, but even more choices in the 45 series... so for 7" wide wheels, isn't 215 considered less stretched and a better match? I'm almost half tempted to eventually get 18" wheels and run the same 205/40's and not lower the car like I was planning, I actually really like the large wheel look.

Has anyone ordered from tire easy before?

Trying to order a replacement 595rsr and everywhere seem to be out of stock but them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I wanted to make my wheels sit flus to my fenders how large of an offset should I go with? I don’t like the recessed look into the well. I just lowered my car with some springs and I want a clean flush look? I don’t want over hang I just want to push them slightly out. I have the stock 17x7 potenzas currently.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Would 2001 focus wheels (195-60-15) work for a '15 FiST? There's a set for sale on my local craigslist and I'm looking for cheapies this winter

https://yakima.craigslist.org/wto/d/set-of-4-wheels-and-tires-ford-focus/6957439736.html
I am using 15x7s with 195/60-15s on them for rally working/winter use, and (at least at factory ride height/with the factory suspension) there is no problem whatsoever with rubbing/scraping/etc., even with VERY large mudflaps taking up room in the wheel wells. [thumb] [wink]

Izzy

Ok I've been itching for new wheels but before I blow my setup up I have one question. I currently run 16x7 ET40 Rota Grids with Garageline 15mm spacers all around. This means my wheels are effectively ET25 correct? If so, I may be able to run a 15x8 ET25/26 or 30 with no spacers correct? This is giving me a headache!! :unsure:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Ok. I'm decent at regular math so I'm going to try here. The 15x8 wheels will be half an inch each way wider that what you have all offsets being the same. 15mm is a lil bit more that half an inch. So it would seem you would need a 40 or so offset so your fender is not over your tire. I asked a while ago about a 16x8 with a 25mm offset and was told I would need to roll my fenders or cut them and run fender flares. Your question is quite similar, just with a 15" wheel. Might be able to avoid rubbing with even stiffer suspension and a low pro tire but that would look awful stupid on a fist. Look at the konig dekagram's they are a 16x8 that's fits.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Izzy

I was able to secure a set of TD 1.2's 15x8 ET35 which I know will fit. Now my issue is tire selection. Would like to run 225/50/15but know that could be a rubbing issue so 225/45/15 would be more realistic; since I'm also dropped on Mountune springs. Don't know if a fender roll and maybe a pull would suffice. Any advise on tire selection would be greatly appreciated.

True.I just got my fist last Saturday.And already planning on aftermarket wheels lol.Bought Cobb Exhaust/Rmm/Mud flaps and Winter setup already.Will be selling the stock wheels and tires with 200 miles soon to make room for the aftermarket wheels.I might go with 205/50/16 on a 16x8 wheels.As i am stock height.

Izzy

After some research I think I narrowed it down to the new Federal RS-Pro which is 200AA and in 205/50/15 has a tread width of 7.8 which are wider than most 225's

Has anyone taken these dimensions off the stock wheel and tire setup? Referring to the stock fender clearance, wheelwells clearance, suspension clearance, & scrub radius. This is a useful tool to explore wheel and tire arrangements on this car. 1587400898717.png
Link

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Thinking about going widebody. Anyone think 215/40R17 on 17x8ET0 will fit stock? And stock meaning no aftermarket suspension, spacers, etc.

Last edited:

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Has anyone taken these dimensions off the stock wheel and tire setup? Referring to the stock fender clearance, wheelwells clearance, suspension clearance, & scrub radius. This is a useful tool to explore wheel and tire arrangements on this car.
I haven't taken huge measurements, but I have used that tool to check and visualize wheel and tire sizes and fitment over stock.

Hello everyone,

Brutal noob here... No upgrades on the car, stock Fiesta ST MK8. I would like to buy a winter set of wheels 17" with ET35 do you think it would fit? I am interested in Borbet A in specific.

View attachment 36490

The official Borbet site don't list these rims in their configurator for my car. Does anyone have experiece with this ET? Maybe a photo?

Also want to say hi as this is my first comment.

They are also available as 17" in diameter and 7.5" in width. Initially, I have ordered ATS Streetrallye 17x7 with winter tires but they were out of stock so I have received only the tires :/... The best would be to get 17" wheels so I don't need to sell the tires.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What size winter tires?

All of us on here in North America only have Mk7s, as they were the only Fiesta STs ever sold here.
We don't know if the Mk8s have more, less, or an equal amount of room in their wheel wells, and to all of the suspension bits, etc.

Do the Mk8s come from the factory with 205/40-18s or 205/35-18s??