Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fog light housing upgrade/interchange?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I need to replace my fog lights. My lens are pitted pretty bad.

I’m trying to see if anyone also has used fog light housing from another car ( I believe this housing design is pretty common) with success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I Think I have an extra set in my 2nd garage. I can look tomorrow if you want..They might have luminex yellow over them though.
Thanks for the offer, but I can buy new ones from amazon... I’m looking for possible projectors or slightly different designs that came on other cars OEM.

Anyone try anything different?

Thanks for the offer, but I can buy new ones from amazon... I’m looking for possible projectors or slightly different designs that came on other cars OEM.

Anyone try anything different?

Whoosh carries diode dynamics led fogs that are a direct replacement. Here's a link to whoosh's lighting/exterior section. They have a couple fog options I believe. I have the luxeons and couldn't be happier with them.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/ford-fiesta-st-interior-exterior

In another note we use a fairly universal style housing so you should be able to buy something off of Amazon as well. I believe there are posts about this somewhere in this forum.

Sent from my SM-F700U1 using Tapatalk

Morimoto also makes projector LED fogs for our cars. The Retrofit Source carries them. They're basically the same price as Diode Dynamics.

I have Morimotos on my Tacoma, and got the Diode Dynamics for my car, but haven't put them in yet.

Whoosh carries diode dynamics led fogs that are a direct replacement. Here's a link to whoosh's lighting/exterior section. They have a couple fog options I believe. I have the luxeons and couldn't be happier with them.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/ford-fiesta-st-interior-exterior

In another note we use a fairly universal style housing so you should be able to buy something off of Amazon as well. I believe there are posts about this somewhere in this forum.

Sent from my SM-F700U1 using Tapatalk
Just did the yellow SS3's on mine, they're fantastic. Mounting is pretty straightforward, if a bit cramped (especially on the side with the washer fluid tank).

The mounting brackets don't leave much room beyond the 3" opening (the surround on the SS3 is actually just a smidge too big, and has to be persuaded to go in), so keep that in mind if you look for anything that's not specifically made for the Fiesta.

SrsBsns

I've been using these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WNSKS8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're cheap but they look great and are easy to install. The lights are generic and fit several types of cars. They're not Fiesta specific.

Mine did come with the polarity reversed, so I had to swap the wires, but after that they've been great. They change from white to yellow when you turn them off and back on.

Closer Off.jpg Fogs White.jpg Fogs Yellow Night.jpg

Last edited:
OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I've been using these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WNSKS8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're cheap but they look great and are easy to install. The lights are generic and fit several types of cars. They're not Fiesta specific.

Mine did come with the polarity reversed, so I had to swap the wires, but after that they've been great. They change from white to yellow when you turn them off and back on.

View attachment 34446 View attachment 34447 View attachment 34448
I’ve been considering these since I’ll probably spending close to- if not more - if I buy new housings and LED bulbs.

They seem like quality pieces. How bright are the yellows?

I have those as well. Be aware if you adjust them so the yellow doesn't blind oncoming traffic, the white will be pointed at the ground. If you adjust the white to a good level the yellow will point to the sky. The yellow are quite brite, brighter than my Cougar Motors low beams. Also, a little over a month after buying these one of my yellow elements failed. The vendor couldn't be bothered to reply to me so don't expect any kind of warranty on them.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07STB7XYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SrsBsns

I’ve been considering these since I’ll probably spending close to- if not more - if I buy new housings and LED bulbs.

They seem like quality pieces. How bright are the yellows?

I'm very happy with mine. Installed them sometime last year and they've been great/consistent. I do sometimes have an issue where one side lights up yellow and one side lights up white. Turning the lights on and off just reverses them which looks silly. If I turn the car off and back on, the problem is fixed. I think this has happened maybe 3 times.

These aren't bright enough to replace headlights, but on dark backroads they do provide a lot of additional light. I've never been flashed for bright lights.