Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Forscan Settings Spreadsheet

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I will be buying a dongle to connect the car to my wifes laptop so I can change some settings.

Im mainly interested in changing the theme to the GT theme and to disable the door chime (doo-doo-doo sounds). I saw in the spreadsheet that there is no setting to disable the door chime - is this correct?

I did see it as an option in the F-150 spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

Being that they are 'common settings' I would assume they'd be the same but I dont know if those apply to our cars or not.. Anyone have the setting to turn that door chime off on the Fiesta? I feel like a lost fish reading the forscan forums lol.
The bottom-line is our cars have a far less complex setup than F-150's and no one has figured out to disable the door chime or double honk yet sadly. :(

You really want to disable Sony sound processing too, sounds FAR better!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I noticed the cold weather lamp when flashing my tune onto the car. It always bugs me when the car has an option thats used over seas but not programmed to work on a car sold in the upper midwest, lol.
Just the like the headlights too. They really stripped them down to try to be cost effective here so they didn't even include the projector headlights ST's overseas gets, not even an optional lighting package which they could have included the ambient lights in too instead of stock, but they sure as heck made sure to include a HUGE profit margin Recaro package, which IS really nice but only worth half that unless you get a screaming deal on one.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Id love to have black projectors. Even if they are halogen. Lol. Right nkw i need to order the cable to have my nav functional again, and put the st boot screen up, along witj increasing the one touch signal length from 3 to 5 if possible.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Id love to have black projectors. Even if they are halogen. Lol. Right nkw i need to order the cable to have my nav functional again, and put the st boot screen up, along witj increasing the one touch signal length from 3 to 5 if possible.
Depo Black projectors for $457 shipped, but would take 6 weeks to get on special order. Not sure what you mean by halogen when you just use H7 LED's in them, Katana's are fantastic at less than $50. And what's one touch signal length?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Depo Black projectors for $457 shipped, but would take 6 weeks to get on special order. Not sure what you mean by halogen when you just use H7 LED's in them, Katana's are fantastic at less than $50. And what's one touch signal length?
You can just put h7 halogens in there, right? I personally prefer the spectrum of halogens, but I like projectors.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You can just put h7 halogen's in there, right? I personally prefer the spectrum of halogens, but I like projectors.
You can but you don't understand he's obsessed with LEDs. He is like a leprechaun trying to get the gold at the end of the rainbow, except his rainbow has LED headlights.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
You can but you don't understand he's obsessed with LEDs. He is like a leprechaun trying to get the gold at the end of the rainbow, except his rainbow has LED headlights.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Ok lol - everyone's got a "thing" - I liked LED's on my motorcycles for the low power draw but the spectrum doesn't work for my eyes. Luminous flux FTW.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You can just put h7 halogens in there, right? I personally prefer the spectrum of halogens, but I like projectors.
You could but you could also put 4300k HID or LED instead, you aren't stuck with 6500k for LED, nor 3400k diarrhea brown and low output for halogen either. There ARE options, and no I'm not obsessed with LED I just hate diarrhea brown yellow dim halogen and LED's simply are the easiest, least complex and cost effective way to do that. Seriously, look at 4300k LED/HID options if you don't like the blue tint of the widely available LED's, they cost a bit more but would be worth it.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I couldn't care less if it was LED, HID or laser, just can't stand diarrhea dim yellow brown of halogen... 4300k HID would be the best for him instead.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
That function where you tap the turn signal stalk and it blinks 3 times for a lane change. Id like to increase that to 5 blinks. I dont mind halogen. And where i drive everyone flashes me when i do have my auxbeam led bulbs in. (Rural areas)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That function where you tap the turn signal stalk and it blinks 3 times for a lane change. Id like to increase that to 5 blinks. I dont mind halogen. And where i drive everyone flashes me when i do have my auxbeam led bulbs in. (Rural areas)
Unfortunately Auxbeam's have horrible glare, they have to be aimed down, and aren't all that bright anyway, I suggest THIS web site and know that the TechMax are the best option for our cars . You can see by the chart that whichever Auxbeam you have they have poor beam pattern that scatters too high whole the TechMax are brighter and no one is getting flashed with them.

Back on topic, it's funny, my base model Kia Forte5 SX with decent engine and build quality but terrible suspension and radio even had the blinkers you could change from 3 to 5 or 7... I personally never understood why you need more than 3 blinks for a lane change, otherwise just lock the blinker in if you need more blinks

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I try and keep my motions smooth so a lane change takes me a little bit. Lol.

brbauer2

No luck on the blink change. We don't have the same module the other Fords have that allow the change.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
^that's really fucking lame. I should be able to change it to suit my driving.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
^that's really fucking lame. I should be able to change it to suit my driving.
Yeah, you should be able to.. I just use it for quick little zippy lane changes, but if you live in California you take like 10 seconds to make a lane change without a blinker anyway, LOL

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I take my time because i dont want to cut anyone off. Lol. I habe to order the cable so i can turn my nav back on after the new antenna.

Jesse_MI

Hey guys I tried disabling the Sony sound processing on my car and followed the spreadsheet, but it appears the option to keep Sirius but disable sound processing is already in my APIM module. I bought the car new so I know it has not been messed with before. The sound in the car is really terrible and I think sound processing is still happening. Does anyone know if there is a way to test if sound processing is active, or if I should be using a new value to disable sound processing? I have a 2019 btw...it seems other options don't work for the 2019 as well, such as putting climate control on screen...did Ford change things around with the 2019?

Any pointers would be great. I don't really know what I'm doing so I am afraid to just start trying random values and bricking my car.

apim as built.PNG

Sounds right, "0" worked for me to disable both... but as an aside, disabling Sony processing should be one of the main reasons to even mess around with ForScan. It makes even the stock speakers sound better and can really make some even cheap aftermarket 6.75" upgraded speakers sound REALLY good. Just be careful with the volume on stock speakers after disabling, although it will sound better if you crank the volume too much you can blow your speakers. I've even noticed a bit of distortion in the alert sounds and voice prompts so watch your prompt volume levels too, just as an FYI for those who are going to do this...
You should be using SMD-DD1 if you disable the processing. Instead of just replacing speakers, I would also increase the power, it's not expensive to do and it doesn't mean just more volume, you don't have to turn it up as much to get the desired volume.

Especially with the popular speakers that tend to find their way into the Fiesta and Focus ST which are not the most efficient speakers in the world.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You should be using SMD-DD1 if you disable the processing. Instead of just replacing speakers, I would also increase the power, it's not expensive to do and it doesn't mean just more volume, you don't have to turn it up as much to get the desired volume.

Especially with the popular speakers that tend to find their way into the Fiesta and Focus ST which are not the most efficient speakers in the world.
Meh, just saying that once you disable the Sony processing you get a far more natural sound and pure output and from there, new more efficient and better sounding speakers go a long way with the power it has too. In any case, you should do this first before adding gadgets you may not need, depending on your tastes. Sure, if you are a 1% audiophile, there's always more you can do, absolutely, I just don't see the need personally and disabling of Sony processing and far better speakers should always be the first place to start anyway.