Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

In the starting process for building up my FIST.

Oddly enough the trigger for doing this now is the wimpy horn that Ford installs in the US Fiesta ST. Here in the Detroit area where texting at traffic lights in universal for those under 30 means that a horn loud enough to be heard over a blasting Sub Woofer is essential.

So, if I am going to pull the front fascia might as well install a Mountune 3 pass radiator and Induction kit. Basically I'll have the front side of the MR230 hardware mounted. Next on the must have list is a catch can setup, talked to a local Ford dealer and they strongly advise installing a catch can. As for the rear, a rear motor mount is essential and I like the looks and sound of the Cobb 2 1/2 inch exhaust. As for the Downpipe, that will stay in place. If Cobb or Mountune ever get their downpipes EPA certified I'll change the downpipe but from what I've seen a larger downpipe really isn't needed until you go to a bigger turbo.

One remaining question mark is the wastgate actuator, haven't been able to find any comparison reports on the benefit. So do I need a new wastegate actuator and if so, why. BTW, spent many years building and tuning the Small Block Chevy but this stuff with supercharging is way out of my area of expertise.

BTW, per my dealer the 2019 Raptor has a revised fuel injection system with an additional set of low volume injectors to specifically wash the intake valves. For 2020 all of other direct injection engines will get these secondary injection systems phased in. Odd thing is that it wouldn't be that difficult to add a single injector at the throttle body to provide a bit of gasoline for keeping the valves clean. If Cobb or Mountune keep an eye on these forums it may be an idea for a new product.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stratified....Peron are some that offer Aux. Fuel kits....FYI. Stratified offers them both Port and Throttle body. While Peron just does Port injection Aux. Fuel. There may be Throttlebody injection soon by Whoosh also. I own 4 port Aux. By Stratified for my Gen 2...it compliments it great with added benefits of Cleaning intake valves.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
scooter123
Thread Starter #3
Typhoon, thanks for the post. One queestion is will the stock ECU setup compensate for the extra fuel added by an Aux system?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Typhoon, thanks for the post. One queestion is will the stock ECU setup compensate for the extra fuel added by an Aux system?
There is a Module that Runs the injectors off the ignition coil pulse. It must then be Tuned by a performance tuner to optimize the Aux. Fuel setup.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
scooter123
Thread Starter #5
Hat's off and a Salute to Mountune and Cobb. Have the Mountune Radiator, Induction Kit, and Cobb Exhaust in hand and all arrived in 5 days. Cobb's response was really quick, less than an hour after ordering I got the shipping notice with the tracking number. Have a buddy who has a Jeep and Mustang custom shop to help me do the install October 12.

Further down the line I'll be adding a dual catch can kit once my toy budget recovers.

OP
scooter123
Thread Starter #6
Hit a feral cat on the way to work Thursday the 17th. At first glance the car looked completely unscathed. However when I pulled the front fascia today to install all my goodies I found the forward mounting tab for the passenger side headlight assembly. Have it patched back together with super glue and the replacement will be at my dealer next Monday.

Install went quite well, had the intake kit, Mountune intercooler, Cobb RMM, and 2 1/2 inch Cobb exhaust install and the Fiesta completely buttoned up in 3 1/2 hours. Now that I know exactly how to remove the fascia I could probably do this job in about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Have to give a tip of the hat and thumbs up to both Cobb and Mountune for some very good Engineering and design. Everything fit just perfect without any need for fitting or tweaking something o get it to fit. In addition all of the Mountune hoses were sized to slide onto the mating parts with a moderate amount of friction that allowed the hose to slide into place without any excess effort.

One thing that didn't get done was installing the Mountune Radiator. Forgot to take my laptop and service manual disk to the shop a friend owns who helped with the install. Flat out we couldn't figure out any easy way to swap the radiator. Guess the days when you could change out a radiator in under 15 minutes are long gone.

One remaining question mark is the wastgate actuator, haven't been able to find any comparison reports on the benefit. So do I need a new wastegate actuator and if so, why. BTW, spent many years building and tuning the Small Block Chevy but this stuff with supercharging is way out of my area of expertise..
It's not neccessary, but can be done. If you're upgrading a tune is recommended to fully benefit it.
TUNE+ has some more on this: https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/products/tune-upgraded-wastegate-actuator
I personally run TUNE+'s actuator on my X47R. I was experiencing the mid throttle surge on the stock turbo before using it with the X47R.
Don't think the mid-throttle surge is a problem on MK8?